Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DH carried the ep. His performance was above par.

Issues I had was with the lack of constant medical common sense...once your brain cells die they don't come back. The radiation thing was a bit of a plot device too. McKay by all accounts shouldn't have recovered so well. He should have had brain damage from the parasite. He should also have been convulsing.

the keller/mckay ship is not my cup of tea. Would rather he confessed his undying love to Sheppard...it would been interesting to see his reaction. Little annoyed he never mentioned Carson (best friend) in his goodbyes.

Jeannie was okay, not sure just what function she filled though. But I do like the actress and how she and DH play off each other.

The flashbacks got a little old, kind of dragged in the middle. Though Keller did improve in standing up she regressed in not following through and becoming a bit whiny at times. Still not a big keller fan myself.
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      The Shrine.

An episode can still be great without space battles, dog fights, and hand to hand combat and action.

David Hewlett delivered an amazing performance as did the rest of the cast. Joe Flanigan was also great. I swear it was like the producers told the cast to act their hearts out.

The episode was just filled with lots of character drama and had an interesting plot. The pier scene was likely one of the most powerful scenes I've seen a long time.

Oh and the Visual effects were also very well done. Very realistic.

Finally, I have made a conclusion...

Spoiler:
      MGM or whoever is out of their F***ing minds to let this show go. There!
      i agree with you all the way.
      Kanadra

Comment

I. Loved. This.

Laughed. Teared up. Grinned dumbly at times and sniffed in sympathy at others.

I completely agree with those who say this is the best to date. I've long been a fan of McKay, and David Hewlett just really pulled it out and gave it to us. Everyone else did too, though. I'm not a *huge* Sheppard fan (sorry guys--I like the character, but not as much as I like McKay), but I was impressed with him in the last couple of episodes (including this one).

I did laugh amiably over the small character changes they gave Keller for this episode. There was a certain...snarkiness...that I found welcome. "Is that a prerequisite?" Very good. I hope they keep it up.

Brain surgery with a battery-powered hand drill didn't hurt either. <grin>

And while I'm a little stunned that the writers were so blatant about McKay's declaration, I can't say I'm disappointed. I like character pieces, and that includes anything that has to do with relationships, friendships or otherwise. I grinned like an idiot at the end.

Now we just hope it doesn't get *too* shippy. (I still hold that the writers are much smarter than that.)

Comment

Sis's comment early on: "Great. A show supporting euthanasia."

Me when it was discovered the parasite might contract because of the type of radiation.:"It's a little bitty Shadow shrieking in agony" (from exposure to what the machine is pumping out).
          For those who have watched B5, you know what I mean

Bro-in-law: "..and there's the obligatory cross-show reference."
          and to my (also obligatory) "He's hot" Ronan comment:
          "I was waiting for that. It's as necessary as "Stock shot for SG-1".

Also, it seems the LMAH still leads in *non-military* situations. I seem to remember Woolsey saying no and Shep running roughshod over him.

Nice outing though. I always forget how much I like DH when he's not doing Rodney "All whinge all the time" McKay. The beer (BUDWEISER!!!! <<gross>>)) scene was nice though I could hear all the McShep's swooning.

At least til the last scene of the ep.

suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
            DH carried the ep. His performance was above par.

Issues I had was with the lack of constant medical common sense...once your brain cells die they don't come back. The radiation thing was a bit of a plot device too. McKay by all accounts shouldn't have recovered so well. He should have had brain damage from the parasite. He should also have been convulsing.

the keller/mckay ship is not my cup of tea. Would rather he confessed his undying love to Sheppard...it would been interesting to see his reaction. Little annoyed he never mentioned Carson (best friend) in his goodbyes.

Jeannie was okay, not sure just what function she filled though. But I do like the actress and how she and DH play off each other.

The flashbacks got a little old, kind of dragged in the middle. Though Keller did improve in standing up she regressed in not following through and becoming a bit whiny at times. Still not a big keller fan myself.
            They said early on the brain cells weren't dying, just being inhibited. The parasite exits, brain cells kick back on.

And I echo previous statements: How the **** could they cancel a show this good?!?!?!?!?
            Rush rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by kanadra View Post
              i just cried and cried. what a sap i am.lol... this was a great episode. Wonderful job of acting my David. I am so glad i taped this one i think i will watch it again.
              Freudian slip?

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
              Rodney and John sitting outside in the middle of the night. "You're a good friend, Arthur."
              hilarious
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                AHHHH!

He loves her!
                He loves her!
                He loves her!
                He loves her!
                He loves her!
                He loves her!
                He loves her!

Now that that is out.

Best! Episode! Ever!

I will say more when I stop hyperventilating.
                I couldn't have said it better myself! McKeller FOREVER!!!! YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!!

Oh (deep breath as she remember's she's not on the shippy thread) on a more serious note, incredible acting by David Hewlett! Many props to him! Great character episode, wonderful all around, just like the rest of Season 5 has been!

WHY OH, WHY, DID THEY CANCEL ATLANTIS WHEN IT'S AT IT'S PEAK???????

sigpic
                The Return of King Arthur
                Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

What a great episode. Definitely a 10/10 in my book. David Hewlett blew me away with his performance throughout the episode. Wonderfully done. Really, the entire cast did really well. A very strong episode from start to finish.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Infernorhythm View Post
                    And I echo previous statements: How the **** could they cancel a show this good?!?!?!?!?
                    Indeed! Atlantis won't just be going out while it's still on top, it will be going out when it is reaching it's best.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      Indeed! Atlantis won't just be going out while it's still on top, it will be going out when it is reaching it's best.
                      Fifth season: Unbelievably amazing so far!

People cancelling the show once the fifth season wraps up: Words cannot describe my anger at them.

Ok, Hewlett deserves an Emmy for this episode. Just saying.

And I just want to add, Whispers looks amazingly creepy.
                      Rush rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by smushybird View Post
                        I'm no shipper but this was a beautiful episode.

Poignant, smart, surprising, sweet. It made me cry. And laugh.
                        Just a brilliant script, and compellingly acted by all.

Cancelling Stargate Atlantis is a crime, an absolute crime.
                        I totally agree, definitely one of my favorite SGA episodes. David Hewlett was outstanding, as was the rest of the cast. I'm glad they tried to give each character a 'last moment' with McKay, though I kinda wish there was a little more between McKay and Teyla. The Sheppard and McKay pier scene was great though.

And I hope they can somehow bring Kate Hewlett back one more time this season or in the SGA movie, I love watching those two siblings together.

The only bad part: only 14 more eps to go...

sigpic

Comment

Am I the only one who thought it was a bad choice to have Rodney regain his faculties at the Shrine for several scenes, before the surgery?

That just sucked the drama and emotion right out of it for me. I'd have much rather seen the rest of them argue about operating, and have the frustration of Rodney not being able to speak for himself.

That just seemed like a colossal misstep as far as maintaining the emotional investment to me...

Regarding Jeannie, she was a lot easier to take in this episode because it wasn't their usual tired, combative interactions.
                          Theoretically spoilerish:
                          Spoiler:
                          Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

It's one of the best episodes they've ever done. I loved the angst, the caring, the crying (aw, poor Jeanie) and

"Look, my brain is NOT some new deck off the back of your house!"

And the dock scene with Shepaprd and McKay. Finally! (said in a non-McShep way). Just loved how Rodney relied on Sheppard and ran to him when he was scared.

I love it when the Hewlett siblings act together.

Comment

I was not going to watch SGA anymore because I was so upset after hearing of its cancellation but I cannot miss my SciFi Fridays. I hate SciFi outside of Eureka, BSG and the StarGate series. Now I will only be watching SciFi on Tuesday's.
                              Oh, by the way this was a great episode. The Shrine and Search and Resecue are my favorites thus far. I believe the acing was great all around. I do believe Rodney is in love...with Sheppard! John! John! OTFL

Comment

Originally posted by APFW View Post
                                I was not going to watch SGA anymore because I was so upset after hearing of its cancellation but I cannot miss my SciFi Fridays. I hate SciFi outside of Eureka, BSG and the StarGate series. Now I will only be watching SciFi on Tuesday's.
                                Oh, by the way this was a great episode. The Shrine and Search and Resecue are my favorites thus far. I believe the acing was great all around. I do believe Rodney is in love...with Sheppard! John! John! OTFL
                                How is you not watching Stargate going to help Stargate? Well good thing you watched it none the less.
                                Colonel Vlad Cole, USAF
                                Stargate Gaming Clan - SGC

SGC Video [ Hi-Res | Lo-Res ]

Comment

Working...
                                X