This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another great episode.
    The sets and cg backgrounds were awesome.
    My favorite scene was probably Shep & McKay sittin on the pier.
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

It was a fantastic episode and I loved it except the ending was horrible. (Rodney may claim he loves Keller, but he wasn't yelling her name the entire episode now was he? )

Comment

Originally posted by Infernorhythm View Post
        All in all, this is just another brilliant episode in Atlantis's best season. How the hell are they cancelling the series when it is at it's greatest moment? Episodes like this show why the show needs to continue.

5/5. Brilliant work, all around.
        I couldn't agree more
        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Showfan View Post
          With the exception of the end which kind of came out of nowhere for me (I don't get how one beer translates to I've loved you for a long time) and didn't work IMO, this was one of the best episodes ever. The scene with Sheppard and McKay on the pier was priceless. You can't buy that kind of chemistry.

I can't believe they are canceling a show of such high quality. Amazing chemistry, great characters, phenomenal acting. If anything, The Shrine makes me miss Atlantis even more.

When did they decide to cancel the show?

Comment

Originally posted by smushybird View Post
            I'm no shipper but this was a beautiful episode.

Poignant, smart, surprising, sweet. It made me cry. And laugh.
            Just a brilliant script, and compellingly acted by all.

Cancelling Stargate Atlantis is a crime, an absolute crime.
            I 100% agree. I really couldn't have said it better. ^^

Five Stages Of Grief:
            1. Denial 2. Anger. 3. Bargaining 4. Depression. 5. Acceptance.
            RIP SG1 & SGA.
            .::My Myspace | My DeviantArt Gallery::.

"If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago."

If you're in need of a sig/tag drop me a PM. I'd be more than happy to make ya one. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Mekarri View Post
              When did they decide to cancel the show?
              2 days ago

Comment

We ALL need to watch the rerun next week, so to show tptb that this series MUST continue.

Comment

Originally posted by smushybird View Post
                  I'm no shipper but this was a beautiful episode.

Poignant, smart, surprising, sweet. It made me cry. And laugh.
                  Just a brilliant script, and compellingly acted by all.

Cancelling Stargate Atlantis is a crime, an absolute crime.
                  Originally posted by Mana View Post
                  I 100% agree. I really couldn't have said it better. ^^
                  I completely agree.

SAVE SGA!
                  Rush rocks.

Comment

I thought the scene where the parasite came out of Rodney's head was freaky lol. It's hard to sit here and remember everything that happened off the top of my head and the ep just ended 20 min ago

Comment

Hmm...great acting, a good story, good character moments, but for some reason I just couldn't get engaged in the episode. It was a good episode, I guess just not the kind I like.

Comment

The Shrine.

An episode can still be great without space battles, dog fights, and hand to hand combat and action.

David Hewlett delivered an amazing performance as did the rest of the cast. Joe Flanigan was also great. I swear it was like the producers told the cast to act their hearts out.

The episode was just filled with lots of character drama and had an interesting plot. The pier scene was likely one of the most powerful scenes I've seen a long time.

Oh and the Visual effects were also very well done. Very realistic.

Finally, I have made a conclusion...

Spoiler:
                        MGM or whoever is out of their *snip* minds to let this show go. There!
                        Last edited by kiwigater; 22 August 2008, 09:24 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

The effects were AMAZING though.
                          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

i just cried and cried. what a sap i am.lol... this was a great episode. Wonderful job of acting my David. I am so glad i taped this one i think i will watch it again.
                            Kanadra

Comment

I didn't think this episode was going to be that good going by the previews and boy was I wrong.

I loved it.

Some great character moments. The scene on the pier was probably one of the best scenes I've seen in Stargate. Hewletts acting was top notch.

The CGI was once against spectacular. Sitting on top of the gate surrounded by water was just great.

Comment

There was some great stuff:

Rodney and John sitting outside in the middle of the night. "You're a good friend, Arthur."

David's performance was top-flight. Just amazing.

On the whole? I was pretty disappointed, though (aside from the McKellerness, which I obviously adored). Great concept that they didn't do enough with.

And the Shrine itself? That was just bad fan fiction right there.
                                Theoretically spoilerish:
                                Spoiler:
                                Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Working...
                                X