Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jelgate, I think the reason the orginal crew members abanded ship was that they were running low on supplies, and they saw no hope to fix it and the oppertunity presented itself to settle on a non-war demsion and a peaceful planet.

Comment

I realize that. I was wondering what caused their Daedalus to get crippled in the first place. Its one of those question I will probably never know the answer too.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I realize that. I was wondering what caused their Daedalus to get crippled in the first place. Its one of those question I will probably never know the answer too.
        I think that's kind of the point of this episode. We're not supposed to get a full picture of any reality, just a taste of all these worlds that aren't ours. It definitely leaves some viewers wanting more, but it also keeps focus on the team, and adds an interesting flavor that's different than most of the parallel universe episodes we've seen in SG. It's always about what's happening in the other universes; here it's just about the team in our universe, doing they're best to get home. It's kind of a tease of all the things that could happen to our team, without all of the information necessary to prevent it.
        They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
        Spoiler:
        Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Great episode, the 302 fight was awesome But I have to wait for a new episode for 2 weeks?! Bah!

Comment

Since last year, we haven't really had much in terms of screencaps here for S5 episodes, except for the opener that leaked, and we saw the low-res caps.

Could we perhaps get some of the new alien ships from as many angles as possible? And if possible, could I post them on another forum as well?

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              A question to the science experts. How would a sun go supernova a lot earlier in one reality and not others? I do not doubt the possibility but what are some of phenomena’s that could speed up a sun's life cycle.
              I'm not even close to being a science expert but I guess if the lifespan of a star was even a fraction faster in that reality it could be possible. Unless the Rodney from that reality screwed up another experiment.
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                I'm not even close to being a science expert but I guess if the lifespan of a star was even a fraction faster in that reality it could be possible. Unless the Rodney from that reality screwed up another experiment.
                Likely case.

: What was that?

Comment

In terms of phenomena that could make a sun go supernova faster or slower, I suppose presence of blackholes or other such things in the (relative) vicinity would affect the rate of collapse, etc.

But, I say, it wouldn't even need to be an event. Simply, in another universe, the sun's density could just be different than another universe's sun. That would affect it right there.
                  sigpic
                  It was Arrested Development

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                    Likely case.

: What was that?
                    This whole episode was caused by an AR Rodney
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

This whole episode was caused by an AR Rodney
                      : Was that about me?! Who said that?

Comment

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I wasn't all that excited by this episode. It wasn't bad... I actually can't think of a single thing wrong with it. I liked the concept of jumping to different alternate realities. But for some reason, I never really felt any suspense here. I watched it, it was fun, but it wasn't very memorable or exciting.

Maybe I would have been more excited if I hadn't watched Continuum directly beforehand.

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
                        A very nice creepy factor with the dead Alternate Team, and I liked the video log from the Daedalus commander. I really wish we'd gotten to see more on that, though. That was the most interesting plot point to me- the original crew, who evidently jumped ship eventually. I would've loved to hear more about all of that.
                        Agreed. That would have added another layer of mystery to the story. It would have been a very interesting angle to explore.

I have to say, I don't know why everyone is so excited about the bad guys from this ep. We don't have enough information about them to draw my interest at this point. They did look more alien than most of the "aliens" we've seen, but they also looked like the walked off a Star Trek set.

Ah, well. Like I said, a good enough episode. It just didn't capture my attention for some reason.
                        Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                        Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Best ep of the season by far.
                          lol at mackay getting shot and Ronan hammering the rail gun control and several other moments.

But one little snag. Shouldn't rail guns like auto aim when target aquired rather than person controlling them. Also wouldn't missiles be better against small craft???????

Comment

great episode

it's under my top 5 for sure

Comment

Originally posted by hank View Post
                              Best ep of the season by far.
                              lol at mackay getting shot and Ronan hammering the rail gun control and several other moments.

But one little snag. Shouldn't rail guns like auto aim when target aquired rather than person controlling them. Also wouldn't missiles be better against small craft???????
                              the ship was shot to hell, its easy to assume that a. its missile complement was expended and b. the targeting systems were down

Comment

The ! aliens are obviously Hebridan cross breeding gone wrong. Their guns both produce green blasts and look similar. I desperately hope this has nothing to do with Micheal, I hate that storyline.

Comment

Working...
                                X