Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something that to me seemed very important but will probably never be brought up again is the bootleg ZPM they had.

Will they surprise us and have Rodney complete one, or do people think is too impractical because it needs to charge all the time?

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
      Ah, this episode was just fun!! I really enjoyed it. Just plain and simple, a good episode.

{snip}

Overall a very enjoyable episode, nice pace and it didn't lag at all. I was afraid it might on the way back, but it didn't... ok, maybe a hair, but it wasn't bad at all. I just plain enjoyed this episode.
      My thoughts exactly.

Not much else to say. I enjoyed S&R but still had problems with it. Didn't care for the next two all that much. But this one was great. Don't think I've enjoyed an episode like I did this one in quite a while. (course I did guess the space suits before they revealed them but that's no biggie as it was the only logical choice)

My only criticism would be Teyla being so proficient with the Daedalus systems, but that minor nitpick aside, it was an enjoyable episode.
      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
        Not sure if the same thing is happening here. The problem with Cason's "return" in Kindred was that they revealed something that happened at the end of the episode... if that's what happened here it'll be ****ed up but I don't know if it is.
        It's not quite as bad. But the suspense and wonder of "WTF?" when Fran shows back up would still be completely gone.

Comment

I loved this ep...especially the end! Rodney + Baby = SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Loved when Shep called Ronon Chewie... I LAMO...and even more so when Ronon pounded on the controls yelling "I'm trying!!!" Just. Cracked. Me. Up.

Ooh, and Rodney whump!

Can't wait to see it again!
          sigpic
          Sig by ME.

Comment

Ghost spoilers

Spoiler:
            Originally posted by MattZat View Post
            Oh ALSO...

A Sarcastic KUDOS to Sci-Fi for using another preview to reveal a neat little plot twist (if it is in fact one) from the 'Ghost in the Machine' with the real identity of Fran (a la the "you wont believe what happens next {show Carson Beckett}"... from last season)
            So true.
            Last edited by Skydiver; 02 August 2008, 08:21 AM.
            Theoretically spoilerish:
            Spoiler:
            Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Finally, a really GOOD episode! We are back to what makes SGA so good - TEAMwork! No love triangles with wussy doctors, no hawt chick/big boob guest stars, no teenage prodigies, just good TEAMWORK with really BADASS aliens. And a bit of Lorne too!

More episodes like this, and I just might stick with the series, but if we end up back to that cruddy doctor and her quest to bed McKay and Ronon, I think I'll throw up, right over to another channel.

Comment

That was an episode in the classic SGA tradition. Investigate a hinky situation, get into serious trouble, get out of it and end in the infirmary.

Sheppard getting into a battle he knows nothing about is completely crazy, and also completely Sheppard. Of course it turned out okay, because he's Sheppard and this was a one-off episode, so no serious consequences to go into later. Also, we had to see him stroking his own ego, which was good fun, especially with the "really, John?" looks from the rest of the team. Oh, John Sheppard, why do I love you? Were you not the luckiest son-of-a-gun in Pegasus, you never would have survived season one.

I love Ronon getting frustrated with the rail guns, and I also love that he wasn't instantly a crack shot. It lends credence to the idea that his kick-ass-ness comes not only from natural awesomeness, but from training and hard work. It also makes him a bit more human.

Conversely, Teyla's skill with computers is Really. Frickkin'. Awesome. I always thought Teyla was a quick study; it's nice to have it confirmed. It also opens up the way for way more collaboration between Teyla and McKay.

Which brings me to my favorite thing about this episode. I loved the interactions between the two of them. The look they shared when they realized that their counterparts had failed; when Ronon and Sheppard walked forth thinking "We'll do better," I love that Teyla and Rodney shared that "but what if we don't" look. I also love that Teyla caught the need for a diagnostic when Rodney didn't; I can understand why Rodney would brush her off at first - he hasn't seen this skill set yet and doesn't know about it. That said, it was nice to see her use it and thus put him into a situation where he had to acknowledge it. Rodney doesn't accept unproven skill sets from anyone, and it was nice to see him surprised here.

I also love that moment where Teyla thanked him for not giving up, and he told her he wasn't going to let this mission be her last. We haven't seen much in the way of friendship development between these two; it's always been assumed that they have a certain level of camaraderie because they're teammates. It's really nice to have that confirmed, to see the affection and care there. And the offer to let Rodney hold Torren and the wonderful awkwardness he displayed when he held the baby was just too cute for words.

Also, I got Lorne and Zelenka, which always makes me happy.

Finally, Hewlett in that tight t-shirt was a thing of wonderful and yum. What? So I have a weakness for seeing fit men get down and dirty with electronics. Is that a bad thing?

This wasn't the best episode ever, but it was solid, and after the too-much in too-little time of last week, solid was good. I have so much more faith in and hope for this season than I've had at this point in seasons previous. Bring on "Ghost in the Machine."
                Last edited by starfox; 04 August 2008, 09:22 PM. Reason: punctuation
                They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                Spoiler:
                Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                  Since when does Atlantis's shield become on the verge of failing? I thought with ZPM shields it was all or nothing. Or did they find a way to run the shield without a ZPM?
                  After it's been shot at for a while. It's likely they stopped shooting WHEN A FLIPPING SHIP APPEARED OUT OF NOWHERE.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post

My only criticism would be Teyla being so proficient with the Daedalus systems, but that minor nitpick aside, it was an enjoyable episode.
                    In case ya missed it, Teyla told Sheppard that a member of the Daedalus' crew(I forget his name) taught her how to use them. I had the same nitpick until I saw that scene.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

My take on this episode. A solid plot episode with some good twists and turns and with some action a little dark drama, and just an interesting episode. I love alterante reality eps and I was on the edge of my seat to see what the next jump would bring for Sheppard's team. I liked how they had to go backwards inorder to get back to their reality. The enemies on the ship were pretty interesting, wish we would of learned more about them. I think someone hit the nail on the head above, it felt like a classic SG-1 episode. If Atlantis can produce eps like this all the time, they will keep their fan base very interested and happy, imo.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                        Yeah I was thinking the same thing but then they threw in the "I don't know what to do" part.
                        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Make those aliens the new enemy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                            In case ya missed it, Teyla told Sheppard that a member of the Daedalus' crew(I forget his name) taught her how to use them. I had the same nitpick until I saw that scene.
                            I think she said it was Major Marks, as it should be. He runs every console on every freaking ship they have. I thought she might be a little too good at first, but they did show her not being so good later.

Comment

Originally posted by starfox View Post
                              And the offer to let Rodney hold Torren and the wonderful awkwardness he displayed when he held the baby was just too cute for words.
                              Definately!

Finally, Hewlett in that tight t-shirt was a thing of wonderful and yum. What? So I have a weakness for seeing fit men get down and dirty with electronics. Is that a bad thing?
                              Not at all my friend. And thank you for saying that he's fit. Now I know I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Hewlett in that tight t-shirt was a thing of wonderful and yum.
                              Oh my heavens, was it ever! *dreamy sigh*

@Myles: I thought it might have been Marks.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by OakRidge View Post
                                Make those aliens the new enemy!!!!
                                yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X