This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Myles View Post
    I thought this was a pretty good episode. A lot of good back and forth between the team and the baddies were cool, too. They seemed pretty tough, but I doubt we'll ever see them again.
    They're out there somewhere
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
      to be honest it felt like a classic sg1 episode.....great
      Honestly?

Best news I've had since season 3.
      || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Is it just me, or there a huge error in this one? The fighters on the Daedalus were constantly being referred to as 'F-302s'. I thought they were X-302s.

Comment

Oh ALSO...Ghost spoilers
          Spoiler:

A Sarcastic KUDOS to Sci-Fi for using another preview to reveal a neat little plot twist (if it is in fact one) from the 'Ghost in the Machine' with the real identity of Fran (a la the "you wont believe what happens next {show Carson Beckett}"... from last season)
          Last edited by Skydiver; 02 August 2008, 08:22 AM. Reason: Correcting word use and giving credit where it's really due and removing MGM from my sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
            Is it just me, or there a huge error in this one? The fighters on the Daedalus were constantly being referred to as 'F-302s'. I thought they were X-302s.
            No, the original was the X-302, as it was experimental, but it's official title is definitely the F-302.

Comment

What a cool episode!

It had just about everything I like to see in an episode, mystery, the Daedalus, aliens and battles. Also they had a woman commander. I wasn't expecting Col. Sobol to be a woman. I'm glad they did that for once.

The whole universe jumping drive was a cool concept but what use would whichever Atlantis they came from have had for it?

Those aliens were very cool. The ships actually looked alien for once. I did notice that the ships didn't look as realistic in this episode as normal, could that be because they had so much CG they had to cut costs by how real the ships look? In some episodes, the ships look like they are actually real and in others, they look fake. Has anyone else noticed that?

The dead team was something totally unexpected and kind of creepy. If the ship was THAT cold why didn't the team act like it was that cold and why didn't we see their breath? (I know, it's a TV limitation but still, Stargate is usually spot on with those type of things)

I noticed the emblem on the aliens before this episode aired (from the pics on Joe Mallozzi's blog that is) and expected it to be mentioned/seen. I wonder who they are. They seem tougher to kill and to fight than the Wraith are but I hope that it isn't like how the Jaffa, Goa'uld and Wraith used to be extremely hard to kill but were softened up. I'm sure we are all wondering when and if they'll show up in our reality. Why were they attacking Atlantis exactly? Since when does Atlantis's shield become on the verge of failing? I thought with ZPM shields it was all or nothing. Or did they find a way to run the shield without a ZPM?

The Asgard weapons were weak in this episode! These are the same weapons that can destroy Ori and Wraith hive ships in a few shots! But I am willing to accept that they were weakened because the ship had barely enough power to run.

The aliens' guns looked like those guns used by those pigtail aliens from "Prometheus Unbound" did anyone else notice that? Just like how the Bedrosian guns from SG-1 became the new Wraith stunners.

I liked that they changed it up with different realities with different conditions, Atlantis under attack, no Atlantis, red giant sun and asteroid field.

Teyla learning the run the ship systems was cool, it reminded me of "Tabula Rasa" when she was helping McKay try to remember and work the computers. I think that they just introduced that bit for convenience on the show though but still it was nice. I wonder if Ronon will learn to use the controls ever! Banging the controls was such a thing that he would do.

The Sheppard pilot-Sheppard on the Daedalus exchange was very funny! Especially how he responded "This is Daedalus..." and such. It was nice that they got help fighting the alien fighters.

The reverse jump thing was a cool idea. I knew that there would have been one of the aliens left on the ship when everything was going too well on their approach to the hanger bay. The space suit thing at the end surrpised me, I figured that they beamed onto the jumper or something like that

We've seen SG-1 run the Prometheus/Odyssey a few times I'm glad we finally got the Atlantis team running the Daedalus at least once.

Vala,

Comment

it was sg1 like.
                Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                sigpic

Comment

Ah, never knew that. Always thought it was called the X-302 permanently. I don't remember hearing 'F' before this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                    Those aliens sure reminded me of the borg, anybody else get the same impression? Well... not the ship, but the aliens themselves. Evil creepy dudes they were, nice change of pace though from all the other evil guys we've seen on Stargate. These were by far the most malicious bad guys on the show. They sure were way cool and very creepy and just plain evil looking, I like!
                    Of course, if they actually recur they may suffer villain decay. I mean, the Wraith used to be very impressive.

Comment

I hope they exist in our universe. They could be some enemy the Ancients defeated before their war with the wraith. The hologram did say they never encountered an enemy that could match them. They wouldn't say that if no other enemies existed. Maybe this was the last of the enemys race or something or the rebuilt and found atlantis. I hope something along these lines and they show up one day.

Would have been cool if this was the episode that introduced the new enemy.
                      If somehow the mothership got close enough to Daedalus to jump with them or something.

Comment

Originally posted by MattZat View Post
                        Oh ALSO...

A Sarcastic KUDOS to MGM/Sci-Fi for using another episode to reveal a neat little plot twist (if it is in fact one) from the 'Ghost in the Machine' with the real identity of Fran (a la the "you wont believe what happens next {show Carson Beckett}... from last season)
                        Yea, if I didn't know it was already coming I might have been upset. But Sci Fi(it's them, trust me, MGM doesn't do that) apparently doesn't care as they do it over and over again.

Comment

Geat Ep! Loved every Min of it! had me on the edge of my seat the whole way threw!
                          Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

I thought the episode was actually really good. I had my doubts with the whole alternate universe thing, but I thought it was very good.

Also, Ronon's wig looked a lot better.
                            Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                              Yea, if I didn't know it was already coming I might have been upset. But Sci Fi(it's them, trust me, MGM doesn't do that) apparently doesn't care as they do it over and over again.
                              Not sure if the same thing is happening here. The problem with Cason's "return" in Kindred was that they revealed something that happened at the end of the episode... if that's what happened here it'll be ****ed up but I don't know if it is.
                              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by A Wraith Named Bob View Post
                                I thought the episode was actually really good. I had my doubts with the whole alternate universe thing, but I thought it was very good.

Also, Ronon's wig looked a lot better.
                                I suppose this was the $10,000 one?

Comment

Working...
                                X