• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OakRidge View Post
    Make those aliens the new enemy!!!!
    Man i hope they bring them back!
    Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Having gaming and Stargate being really the only things that make my world go round, I REALLY want to know who put that DS Lite in Joe's hands in not one, but two episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by starfox View Post
        Finally, Hewlett in that tight t-shirt was a thing of wonderful and yum. What? So I have a weakness for seeing fit men get down and dirty with electronics. Is that a bad thing?
        Ooh, no.. That is very much a good thing!

Originally posted by OakRidge View Post
        Make those aliens the new enemy!!!!
        Yes please! I loved how tough they were!! Actually gave Ronon a run for his money.

On a side note.. is it just me, or does John constantly have a DS now?!

Shep 'Home' sig made by Luciana! (I made the rest.)

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix

Comment

On the whole, I quite liked the episode. A very nice creepy factor with the dead Alternate Team, and I liked the video log from the Daedalus commander. I really wish we'd gotten to see more on that, though. That was the most interesting plot point to me- the original crew, who evidently jumped ship eventually. I would've loved to hear more about all of that.
          Theoretically spoilerish:
          Spoiler:
          Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            If Atlantis can produce eps like this all the time, they will keep their fan base very interested and happy, imo.
            Totally, completely, 100% agree with you on that one! This episode was solid, if they can keep this us they have this season made.

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
              Totally, completely, 100% agree with you on that one! This episode was solid, if they can keep this us they have this season made.
              Third...ed. As long as the bore factor doesn't drop below that of the 2nd and 3rd episodes in the eventual future duds, I'll be happy.

Comment

kick arse episode!!!

Comment

Great episode tonight. Those bad guys were really cool. I really hope they pop up again someday. Probably going to go watch it again right now.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It was probably the best ep I've seen this season. Just wished we got more intel on the "baddie" of the ep. They seem somewhat promising.

I liked Teyla having something to do, she works well with Rodney and off sets his ranting stupidity.

Ronon trying fire weapons on the ship was funny. Think she should put him on a video game for some virtual training.

Not sure how come so many bad guys managed to get on the ship when only one fighter craft crashed into the ship and breached the haul...plot hole perhaps.

As cute as Rodney with the baby was...I hope tptb don't plan on making it a habit. It would get old quick.
                    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I really enjoyed this. It was tense, interesting, and action-packed.

Good stuff:

*The beginning with Rodney (!) complaining about Teyla not letting him hold the baby after he dropped him.

*The mysterious appearance of another Daedalus.

*The team together!!!!

*The differences in the realities.

*The dead team and Teyla exploring the ramifications of it.

*Teyla learning Earth tech from Major Marks and Ronon being too busy (which comes back to bite him in the ass).

*Ronon NOT being good at firing the railgun.

*The scary enemy (the 302 Sheppard mentioned them showing up after the Replicators. Related? A frightening cross between the Replicators and the Wraith?) who just won't go away.

*Rodney thinking like Sheppard because thinking like himself didn't work.

*Sheppard and McKay banter.

*Ronon and Teyla in the cargo bay.

*Rodney underestimating Teyla and actually realizing it.

*Saved by EV suits!

*Teyla letting Rodney hold the baby and telling him he'll make a good father (and Sheppard's reaction to that).

*Lorne, Zelenka, and Chuck!
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Luciana
                      My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                        *Rodney underestimating Teyla and actually realizing it.
                        Yes! He looked so shocked. It was great..

Shep 'Home' sig made by Luciana! (I made the rest.)

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
                          Ah, never knew that. Always thought it was called the X-302 permanently. I don't remember hearing 'F' before this episode.
                          It has been since season 7's "Fallen." I believe this is the first mention of the F designation:

CARTER: "As you all know, we've had little success using Naquadria to power the F-302's hyperspace generator for any length of time. However, if our calculations are correct, we believe that a short, controlled burst would send the 302 into subspace just long enough to bypass the mother ship's shields."

Comment

I loved this episode, this is what Sci-fi is all about!!!! not just non-stop action but going up against unbeatable odds.

When I first heard that it had to do with alternate dimentions I was sceptale. But that was one of the all time best!!!! If not the best.

loved the enemy and there kickass weapons, didn't really need the explosion at the end, I was hoping they drag the body into the jumper and grab all those weapons. And the new enemy reminds me of the borg, just less talkative......if thats even possible.

I liked the fact Teyla was familer with the weapons and systems, it makes her more than just a guide and pretty face.

Loved it that Ronan got pOed at the fire counsle and started hitting it, EASY CHEWY!!! LOL!!!!!!

I am just sad that Woosly wasn't in the opening sceen, to tell the boys to sick'em. But at least they mentioned his name.

Comment

Jelgate's Two Cents

This episode couldn't have gone better. Maybe I'm too easy to please but their is very little wrong with this episode. It had action and character moment. It heavily featured all the characters and each gave them a significant role. Probably the biggest downside was no Woolsey but we knew from the beginning he wasn't going to be in all the episodes.

I was laughing how McKay was complaining to Sheppard that Teyla wasn't allowing him to hold Torren. Can you really blame her? He is not exactly the coordinated person in the world (remembers the dropping of the pistol clip in Siege III). The scene with Daedalus appearing was predictable but then again its one of those standard procedure things. I would have however like to show a mention that Woolsey had approved the mission for Sheppard and team to take a Jumper to the Daedalus.

I was impressed on how easily Teyla was able to access the logs and other key systems. It’s a good thing she made a mention on how Major Marks had taught Ronon and herself how to run systems on the Daedalus. I can just hear people yelling out plot hole if this hadn't mention that line I wonder what caused Col. Soval to abandon ship in the first place. All we know from canon is that the Daedalus was badly damaged but I am curious on to what caused the damage. Was it the Wraith or maybe an insight
                              Spoiler:
                              into the new enemy that will appear in First Contact
                              One thing is certain that a powerful enemy is needed to take that much Asgard beam stress. Also, why would an alternate McKay make a generator that jumps so many realities? So many questions and so few answers.

To me the first alt. reality they jumped to deals with Atlantis never leaving their original destination from S1-S3. Either it was destroyed by the Asurans or by the Wraith or they never had the need to evocate the first planet.

Oh where do we begin with the reality that contained the alien space ships, the word would be spectacular. Watching the team use Asgard beams to take out the "mother" ship was awesome. Notice how it took quite a few blasts to cripple that ship. It must be really powerful to stand up to so many Asgard beams. I kind of wish we could have learned about organs but I guess we can't have too much of a good thing.

I love it when TPTB try to bring in some continuity. I enjoyed some mentions about The Last Man in this episode. A question to the science experts. How would a sun go supernova a lot earlier in one reality and not others? I do not doubt the possibility but what are some of phenomena’s that could speed up a sun's life cycle.

The sun was only the icing on the cake compared to the other stuff that was going. The fight between Ronon (terrible wig) and Sheppard and the "! aliens" was awesome. They look just as strong as the Wraith. It took a lot of shots from Ronon and Sheppard to take that guy down. I can't believe he shot that weapon in the ship. Once again Teyla really impressed me with her ability on understanding the ship. When McKay told her what to do she knew exactly how to do it. I just think that would not have been possible with the old Teyla.

That techno babble went right over my head. The sad part is I usually understand the techno babble. Seemed too easy for the team to miss the sun's deadly radiation the second time around but TPTB made up for it when we returned the "! alien" reality. I have to say once again, I was impressed with Teyla. When those sublight crystals began to spark she knew exactly what to do. I really hope we get to see more of her new knowledge about Tauri ships.

I thought the team was done for when those alien ships started attacking. Watching the alternate F-302s was spectacular and funny at the same time. On one hand we have a dogfight that rivals Lost City. The VHX guys did an awesome job of simulating a battle. The other part where the two Sheppard’s conversing each other. I can't help but wonder how this alternate reality lost their Daedalus to the Asurans. I think I stopped breathing at one point. I was laughing so hard when the original Col. Sheppard gave a speech on how great the F-302 Sheppard.

I have to say I saw this next part coming a mile away. My clock told me it wasn't going to be simple enough to just walk back to the Jumper. I just knew the "! aliens" were going to show up. I guess if anyone is going to get injured who better than McKay. I partial forgive TPTB by using the spacesuits to escape the Daedalus. I didn't see that one coming. However I wonder if that is physically possible. The Midway discussion has taught me that one person can't put on a space suit. Is it possible to help someone get into a space suit if you’re already in one?

It was also nice to see a rare McKay/Teyla moment. To me their time together on the Daedalus gave Teyla a new appreciation for McKay. And one can't help but laugh at Sheppard's comment about being a father.

Who saved the day in this episode?

EDIT: I forgot to mention how I liked Sheppard explaining to Ronon how to fire rail guns.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Incredibly exciting episode, this season seems to be off to a very very good start.

Can't wait for more...

Comment

Working...
                                X