This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcfc View Post
    Great opening episode to a season in a few years I think, loved Caldwell's line 'Please make that ship go away'.

8/10
    That was a hilarious line!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeBad View Post
      At least we get to see Carson again next week.
      And that can never be a bad thing

I've seen this ep 4 times now & I like it more each time. The main reasons being:
      • It gave the Sheyla fans a glimmer of hope... not being one of them it's no skin of my nose, but it was lovely scene
      • Them not letting us forget about Ford and that he's still out there somewhere
      • All the whump!!!
      • Rodney delivering the baby & the "i was never good at baseball" - hilarious!
      • The scenes between Ronon & Shep in the rubble, the "been a pleasure" and esp the way Ronon kept adding to the deal. I love Ronon & his sense of humour
      • The way Shep went after Teyla being so busted up & telling Sam he was going no matter what!
      • Ronon taking the C4 off Shep.. "I have to do everything" - priceless!!
      • I like the way Caldwell's developing more of a sense of humour as the seasons go on... he's not as obnoxious as he was originally. I like him now

Things I didn't like:
      • Keller. Nuff said!!
      • How Kanaan (sp?) turned back so quickly having seen his baby, bit too easy for my liking!!
      • Teyla should have at least named Torren John Rodney... or at least Meredith!!
      • There was no follow up on Lorne & I bet we see him all fixed up & better in no time as is the Stargate way

Overall though, a good ep. Not as good as Broken Ties, can't wait to see that on telly instead of my laptop!

sigpic

Comment

1. Ford! Fricking hell!

2. Liked the beer bluff.

3. I can't say I'd be much better at delivering a baby than McKay.

4. Liked the Sheppard-Dex interaction here.

5. "Please make that ship go away".

6. Sam getting relieved of command didn't feel that bad - particularly as, let's face it, AT was replaced by RP in the starting credits, it doesn't take a genius to work out what's going to go down even without spoilers.

Solid ep(though with the Olympics going so well, everything else is feeling anti-climatic).
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeBad View Post
          At least we get to see Carson again next week.
          But then he leave atlantis

Comment

i think my favorite scene of this ep was when john comes with teyla's child in his arms in awrait ship,and when he tells sam that he don't care about martial court if he saves teyla and her baby.And the end scene

Comment

Originally posted by Anda View Post
              But then he leave atlantis
              Yeah but he's back soon!

sigpic

Comment

thats because carter hasn't fully left yet they planned to write her in for more episodes . even with the change of plans the show has taken there still writing her into the last episode "Enemy at the Gate" and she's said to have been given a very large promotion

Comment

I managed to watch this episode when it aired, what, four months ago? And watched it before seeing The Last Man.
                  I loved S&R, even if some of the characters were kinda stupid*Cough*SheppardKeller* But, what can I say, I’m a sucker for episodes with good recurring characters (*Cough*CaldwellLorneMarksMichealFord*Cough*) Pity no Zelanka…
                  I found the dinner scene surprisingly enjoyable (Upon seeing this episode I still wasn’t into Sheyla, though I enjoy them together now) And that surprise appearance with Ford was wonderful.
                  I liked Ronon and Sheppard’s conversation whilst buried, and liked Sheppard’s line “You keep adding things to this deal.” McKay and Lorne’s conversation was very funny, and the sets were well done and gave it sort of a claustrophobic feel to it.
                  I still hate the leather outfits, they’re ridiculous.
                  I will admit to paying way more attention to the episode when the Daedalus dropped out of hyperspace. Yay, Marks has transferred to the Daedalus, he has now served on 4 out of 5(not counting the Phoenix cause it technically doesn’t exist yet) of the Earth commissioned Battle Cruisers. Caldwell was his calm and composed self as always, and this time with a little more humor.
                  And now for a stupid part in the episode, dropping the shields. Plot hole. In Lifeline, Sheppard takes his PJ into the Apollo’s hanger bay whilst the 304 was being fired upon by a Replicator ship. I doubt they dropped their shields. As for beaming, I’m pretty sure they’ve done it before, can’t think right now though.
                  Keller letting Sheppard go was just plain stupid, he could easily be a liability, and Keller has the authority to keep Sheppard in the infirmary due to his injuries.
                  Steven is on a first name basis with Sam.
                  Sheppard should have been just to the side of the hanger bay doors of the Cruiser when the 302’s were launched, then they could have easily slipped in without having to do the hero’s slip through the crack of the closing door.
                  The birthing scene was absolutely hilarious, Teyla calming Rodney as she went into labor, lol. But it was also very touching, especially when Rodney held little Torren-to-be and was babbling about how he didn’t let the boys head touch the ground.
                  Always remember to lock your secret invisible PJ. Guessed they would take the dart.
                  I just had to “awww” when I saw Sheppard holding little Torren-to-be in the Dart.
                  “Major Marks, please make that ship go away.” Best line of the episode.
                  I will not go into Torren John’s name. It’s been discussed to death.
                  I didn’t really mind the way Woolsey told Carter, it didn’t bug me but it could have been done better.
                  Overall, a very good episode, and so far, (after seeing up to Outsiders), still my favorite. With DV, TLT and FC close behind.
                  "For the record, I'm always prepared - I just have to press this button." Kevin Marks - Stargate SG-1
                  "How many times have I told you, boy. You don't fence knights. You drop large objects on them from atop castle walls." z'Accato - The Briar King
                  "When you play the game of thrones, you either win, or you die." Cersei - A Game of Thrones

Comment

The sets were awesome and i was glad to see some of vega, great story and special and visual effects. 9/10
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh and the birth scene was hilarous.
                      sigpic

Comment

Having just watched this episode for the first time on DVD I just wanted to remark on how amazing the overall look of the shows has dramatically improved this season.

Besides the jaw-dropping CGI cross-galaxy reverse-zoom in the teaser, the episode seemed to have a more "filmic" look and reminded me more of the SG-1 movies than any previous episodes. This is most evident in the scenes on the Daedalus, which was lit completely differently and darker like the Odyssey was in "Stargate: The Ark Of Truth".

Anyway, I really love the new look and can't wait to see the rest of the season.

BTW, is this the first episode the Daedalus has the "U.S.S. Daedalus" plaque on the bridge wall? I seem to only ever recall seeing something like that on the Apollo.

Finally, I was surprised by the surprise cameo in the teaser. Nice touch for long-time fans of the show. Although considering the importance of the character, I was surprised he didn't feature more in the episode. They could've done several "dream-sequence" scenes with him in.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John W View Post
                          Finally, I was surprised by the surprise cameo in the teaser. Nice touch for long-time fans of the show. Although considering the importance of the character, I was surprised he didn't feature more in the episode. They could've done several "dream-sequence" scenes with him in.
                          Who was that again? .... Oh wait, Ford. Nevermind.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Who was that again? .... Oh wait, Ford. Nevermind.
                            I do wish that they had more Ford. He wasn't my favorite character, but it would have been interesting. Michael, however, is one of my favorite characters. I was glad to see another episode with him in it!

Comment

Originally posted by John W View Post
                              Having just watched this episode for the first time on DVD I just wanted to remark on how amazing the overall look of the shows has dramatically improved this season.

Besides the jaw-dropping CGI cross-galaxy reverse-zoom in the teaser, the episode seemed to have a more "filmic" look and reminded me more of the SG-1 movies than any previous episodes. This is most evident in the scenes on the Daedalus, which was lit completely differently and darker like the Odyssey was in "Stargate: The Ark Of Truth".

Anyway, I really love the new look and can't wait to see the rest of the season.
                              Yeah, I just watched it too and loved that shot (thought the building collapse that they replayed from last year is one of the worst CG shots I've seen in recent years.)

Comment

Just rewatched this episode since its original airing(got Season 5 DVD today). This almost felt like a new series, the camera work seemed different from the past (and a little too special effect heavy). This has my favorite space scene, Michael's Cruiser entering hyperspace as its hyperspace is taken offline from the Daedalus adds a cool effect to the hyperspace window. A pretty good episode, the teaser was pretty long. The zoom-out effect into space towards Michael's cruiser was awesome but a little unnecessary. The first half of the episode was much better than the second half. Sheppard showed a heroic Ronon-like side of himself never seen before, which was nice. Carter, in my opinion was at her best as leader of SGA. Mckay seemed to gotten a lot tougher than last season. Liked the reference to Continuum. And a nice ending with Woolsey revealing the news to Carter.
                                Last edited by Replicator Todd; 02 November 2009, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X