This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nsb2008 View Post
    Another comment I want to make as well. I've seen certain posts and members in the forum attack the addition of Jewel Staite as Dr. Keller to the cast, owing to the departure of Paul McGillion's excellent portrayal as Carson Beckett. I'm a McGillion fan as much as the next guy, but to attack a very capable and excellent actress who portrays an interesting and very likeable character is just wrong... I sometimes think people forget that Daniel Jackson left SG1 half-way through the ten-year run only to return a season later... The writers can certainly find a way to bring Beckett back into the fold and keep Jennifer Keller as a vibrant character... look at how Cameron Mitchell and Vala brought a new dynamic to SG1, as did General Landry??

Looking forward to many more episodes of Stargate Atlantis...
    A lot of the people who critiscise Keller have said that Jewel is an excellent actress and that it has nothing to do with Carson leaving, they just don't like the character.

Personally, I like Jewel very much and was never a big fan of Carson but Keller is nothing to me, I'm not anti Keller, I don't campaign for her to not be on the show but I don't care about her and definately don't see her as vibrant. Also I would have much preferred it if Daniel Jackson hadn't have come back
    What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Nicely put, Cazz. She can act, but she has to be given something to act. Like I said above, Jewel did great in the finale because she was given great stuff to do, but tptb undid much of that in this episode.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I liked Keller in S&R. She put up more of a fight against Shep than anybody else. Except maybe Ronan when they were blowing up the hyperdrive.
        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

She's also the only one who truly knows and understand the extent of his injuries and how they might complicate a rescue attempt. If Shep had passed out at the helm of the dart and it crashed, who's at fault? Shep for being dumb enough to do it or all the people who were dumb enough to allow him to do it, because he feels he has to. If Lorne felt he had an obligation to get Teyla, would he have been given some painkillers and a crutch and sent off to save the day? He had a broken leg, but still... Everyone was at fault in this one, and I'm quite dismayed at the extent of action hero to which tptb have pushed Shep.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Then there is the simpler answer that he was either treated a bit (patched up) so he can go on this mission, or he was just never that badly damaged in the first place.

Comment

That's my thought, as well, and Keller was just being cautious, but he did need a transfusion and a few hours of surgery. To me, Shep looked like he was a few steps away from passing out most of the time post-teleport rescue. It just felt like too much to me, like too much was being laid on Shep as the saviour of Teyla when Rodney, Dex and random soldier [perhaps ms Vega] could have easily done the job.

I'd love to see a similar situation happen in the future but with a realistic outcome: people die.
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                That's my thought, as well, and Keller was just being cautious, but he did need a transfusion and a few hours of surgery. To me, Shep looked like he was a few steps away from passing out most of the time post-teleport rescue. It just felt like too much to me, like too much was being laid on Shep as the saviour of Teyla when Rodney, Dex and random soldier [perhaps ms Vega] could have easily done the job.
                I agree it seemed like a bit too much of pushing Sheppard to be the hero, especially with him calling himself 'The Guy' earlier, though I understand why the writers would want their main lead to be part of the rescue.

Personally, I think it would have been a good character moment for Sheppard if he wasn't allowed to go on the mission and was forced to realize that he couldn't always be 'The Guy'.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                  I agree it seemed like a bit too much of pushing Sheppard to be the hero, especially with him calling himself 'The Guy' earlier, though I understand why the writers would want their main lead to be part of the rescue.

Personally, I think it would have been a good character moment for Sheppard if he wasn't allowed to go on the mission and was forced to realize that he couldn't always be 'The Guy'.
                  That's how I saw the scene with him and Ronon in the engine room. Keller, Carter, McKay and everybody kept telling him he didn't have to do everything until Ronon finally said "give me the damn thing"
                  || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

i am sorry, but i am a little confused , but did Rainbow Sun Francks guest star in this episode?? well they showed in that one scene , but i didn't see his name in the guest starring list of gateworld, so did he if someone could please let me know ? thanks
                    sigpic
                    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                      i am sorry, but i am a little confused , but did Rainbow Sun Francks guest star in this episode?? well they showed in that one scene , but i didn't see his name in the guest starring list of gateworld, so did he if someone could please let me know ? thanks
                      He had exactly 6 seconds of screentime, which to me equals a cameo.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                        His name is in the end credits.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Luciana
                        My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

WOOHOO......SGA starts tomorrow in the UK.....Now i can see it on the TV instead of a measly computer screen
                          sigpic

Comment

I know what you mean, it was soooo good seeing The Kindred on telly over here!

That was last week and the week before. I had to tape The Last Man during my trip, and I still have to watch it.

It's strange, having it on tape.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Did ya see it then spikey

I loved the beginning scene with the dinner....Looks so much better on the TV Then the flying through space is still really cool.....Mised most of the rest because i was kinda busy but i caught bits and pieces....Rodney delivering Teyla's baby was still priceless....Rachel and David done a fab job here... I can't believe i just praised Rodney...And the infirmary scene..John's face when Teyla said the same thing as she did in his dream....

Oh and i couldn't help but laugh at the line from Keller about playing with his insides

I still think however that Shep should never have been allowed to go on the rescue mission...He was in no fit state to go and Keller and carter should never have allowed it...Anything could have happened,he could have passed out then they all would have been up **** creek without a paddle...

It wouldn't only be a heavily pregnant Teyla they would have had to worry about but an unconscious John too....I think this was a big mistake and they are lucky nothing happened!
                              sigpic

Comment

Great opening episode to a season in a few years I think, loved Caldwell's line 'Please make that ship go away'.

8/10
                                STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                                legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                                X