Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's up with Jennifer's make-up in this episode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amb. Shepphard(ARC) View Post
    So where does it say that ykickamoocow said that he was gay?

Or did you mean "I'm a guy whose gay"?
    What part of "I'm" looks like "ykickamoocow's" to you?

Comment

I noticed her make up right away and I'm straight, 26 and not single. It was a bit too much, felt out of place, but at the same time, they did it right, it suited her.

Comment

Originally posted by MatroxMeteor View Post
        I noticed her make up right away and I'm straight, 26 and not single. It was a bit too much, felt out of place, but at the same time, they did it right, it suited her.
        "Her" as an attractive young woman, or "her" as the CMO? Personally, I hate it when they suddenly pouf up the hair and slather the make up on professional women in TV shows - she was going to do medical research with Todd, not the prom. Sure, some professional women do go overboard, but Keller never did and to pull something like this out of the blue because it's another love triangle episode is demeaning to the character. I wish TPTB would let her just do her job for a change, and allow the audience to take her seriously.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
          Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
          Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
          Except for the most part its the girls who notice and the guys dont. I for instance never notice things like makeup and hair styles.
          I'm a guy. I'm also gay so I don't even look at girls "like that". I've just got a good eye for details. And it's not really hard to notice as long as you've got your eye on her and remember how she usually looks.

I just looked at her square in the face when she talked and was immediately blinded by her copious amounts of purplish eyeshadow.

Green for you!
          So where does it say that ykickamoocow said that he was gay?

Or did you mean "I'm a guy whose gay"?
          What part of "I'm" looks like "ykickamoocow's" to you?
          You said " I am also gay" which is saying that ykickamoocow is gay. But did you mean to say " I am a guy whose gay"?

From the way I read it says that both of you are gay.

Comment

You said " I am also gay" which is saying that ykickamoocow is gay. But did you mean to say " I am a guy whose gay"?

From the way I read it says that both of you are gay.
            It depends on the intonation.

"I'm also gay" vs. "I'm also gay". I didn't bold "also" nor did I intend for it to be intonated. It was just another way of saying "I'm a gay guy". Obviously, ykickamoocow didn't misunderstand me.

You're also not reading the entire sentence out:
            I'm also gay so I don't even look at girls "like that"

For this to imply that ykickamoocow is gay, it'd require a "neither" at the end. "Also" here is referring to that "I'm a guy who's also gay, so I don't look at girls 'like that'".

The "also gay" is to tell you why I don't look at girls "like that". Using the popular Republican strategy of plucking out select parts of what people say, be it whole sentences or only parts of them, is generally frowned upon.

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
            "Her" as an attractive young woman, or "her" as the CMO? Personally, I hate it when they suddenly pouf up the hair and slather the make up on professional women in TV shows - she was going to do medical research with Todd, not the prom. Sure, some professional women do go overboard, but Keller never did and to pull something like this out of the blue because it's another love triangle episode is demeaning to the character. I wish TPTB would let her just do her job for a change, and allow the audience to take her seriously.
            I thought we've long ago established that the PTB have zero insight into the female mind (either that of their characters or the audience) and that they apparently also have no female advisors to help them deal with storylines that require such insight?

In their minds, it's perfectly OK to have the CMO of Atlantis randomly slather on tons of make-up for a scentific and medical mission just to impress either Ronon or Todd. I mean, why not mix pleasure with galaxy-saving business, right? Why not flirt outrageously inbetween splicing genes?

It's not like she's holding a high office... oh wait. It's not like she's currently off world and on a mission... oh wait. It's not like it'd be totally inappropriate... hmmmmmm...

Comment

ok, I see now.

Comment

Originally posted by ark-of-continuum View Post
                Hahahahaha. Oooh, how adorable it is! Jennifer and Todd romantic relationships to come. They called it something like "whatever syndrome", when patient fall in love to the nurse or even doctor. And looks like Todd will be her first... wraith. In third movie they possibly get married and have beautiful babies! [Awwww!] Because our poor stupid Rodney funked up all with her [again].

btw: Ewwwwwwwww!!! Disgusting couple! Hahahahaha.
                but could you imagine there kids though or even keller takin todd to meet her family

Comment

Originally posted by DaRngATe View Post
                  but could you imagine there kids though or even keller takin todd to meet her family

Oh, taking Todd to meet the parents! LOLOL!

Spoiler:
                  *The parents meet Todd. Todd leaves the room, leaving Keller with her parents...*

Mom (eyes follow Todd as he leaves the room. She whispers to Jennifer): "He looks a little peaked. Is he well, dear?"

Keller: "Yes, mom, he's fine. That's just his complexion..."

Dad: "Green? Green is his complexion? No one is 'green'..."

Mom: "Oh, honey...he's not green. He has an olive complexion. He's probably Italian." (She looks at her daughter) "Italians are nice, dear, but...isn't he a little old for you? He looks a little old for you..."

Dad: "He looks like a goddarn freak, that's what he looks like. Probably in one of those rock bands..."

Keller: "He's not in a rock band..."

Dad: "Well, he looks like a hippie. Needs a damn haircut, too."

Mom: "Your father's right. His hair is a bit long, and you know how your grandparents feel about long hair on boys."

Dad: "And what's with the dress?"

Keller: "It's not a dress...it's a coat."

Dad: "Looks like a dress. Are you sure he even likes girls? I mean..."

Keller: "Yes, daddy. He likes girls. He likes ME. See, where he comes from, everyone looks like that."

Mom: "And where's that, dear?"

Keller: "Uhhhh...France?"

Dad: "Well, that explains a lot. Must be one of those 'artiste' types. Probably paints nudes, and bowls of fruit. Does he even have a job?"

Keller: "Yes, he's, ummmm...a commander...of his own ship..."

Mom: "Oh, wonderful! A sailor! You're father was a sailor when we met! So handsome he was in uniform, too! And that must explain the tattoo. All sailors have tattoos. This is just so wonderful! Another sailor in the family."

Keller: "Well, he's not exactly in the navy..."

Mom: "That doesn't matter, sweetie. A sailor is a sailor - a man of the sea. They speak their own language, they have their own lore. Men and the sea, SO romantic! I read books about them all the time, in fact, I'm reading one now...it's about..."

*Everyone falls quiet as Todd re-enters the room and takes his seat beside Keller*

Todd: "I trust I am not interrupting anything..."

Mom: "Certainly not! I was just telling my lovely daughter here about an enthralling book I'm reading, called In the Heart of the Sea."

Keller (suddenly panicked): "Mom, maybe you shouldn't..."

Mom: "Don't interrupt dear. It is quite a story, one any sailor would enjoy." (Turns to Todd, in earnest) "You see, it's about the survivors of a whaling ship, and how they had to eat one another in order to survive...can you imagine?! Having to eat a human being?! Could you ever??!"

Todd:

~~~~~~~

das
                  Last edited by dasNdanger; 01 October 2008, 07:30 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

I thought Keller's mom was dead
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      I thought Keller's mom was dead

She might be. But this is an AU, seeing as how Keller and Todd would never be dating in the 'real' one.

das
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post

Spoiler:
                        *The parents meet Todd. Todd leaves the room, leaving Keller with her parents...*

Mom (eyes follow Todd as he leaves the room. She whispers to Jennifer): "He looks a little peaked. Is he well, dear?"

Mom: "Oh, honey...he's not green. He has an olive complexion. He's probably Italian." (She looks at her daughter) "Italians are nice, dear, but...isn't he a little old for you? He looks a little old for you..."

Dad: "He looks like a goddarn freak, that's what he looks like. Probably in one of those rock bands..."

Mom: "Your father's right. His hair is a bit long, and you know how your grandparents feel about long hair on boys."

Keller: "Yes, daddy. He likes girls. He likes ME. See, where he comes from, everyone looks like that."

Dad: "Well, that explains a lot. Must be one of those 'artiste' types. Probably paints nudes, and bowls of fruit. Does he even have a job?"

Mom: "Oh, wonderful! A sailor! You're father was a sailor when we met! So handsome he was in uniform, too! And that must explain the tattoo. All sailors have tattoos. This is just so wonderful! Another sailor in the family."

Mom: "That doesn't matter, sweetie. A sailor is a sailor - a man of the sea. They speak their own language, they have their own lore. Men and the sea, SO romantic! I read books about them all the time, in fact, I'm reading one now...it's about..."

*Everyone falls quiet as Todd re-enters the room and takes his seat beside Keller*

Mom: "Certainly not! I was just telling my lovely daughter here about an enthralling book I'm reading, called In the Heart of the Sea."

Mom: "Don't interrupt dear. It is quite a story, one any sailor would enjoy." (Turns to Todd, in earnest) "You see, it's about the survivors of a whaling ship, and how they had to eat one another in order to survive...can you imagine?! Having to eat a human being?! Could you ever??!"

Todd:

~~~~~~~

das

Cant stop laughing!
                        That's hilarious. Love it!
                        sigpic
                        Yeah... I know

Comment

Spoiler:

Todd:

~~~~~~~

das
                          OMFG! That was brilliant!
                          sigpic

Comment

I didn;t noticed the make up specificlly but she did look fantastic. The only thing that would make her look hotter is if she was holding a P-90....oh wait.
                            "Dying doesn't work in our favour!"

Comment

Bwahahahaha! Oh Das, you're so good at writing crack dialogues.

I wish.

By the way, I hadn't noticed Keller's makeup before seeing this thread. But I never really was the makeup/haircut/clothes-observant type.
                              My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                              Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                              sigpic

Comment

Glad you all enjoyed! It was fun to write! I could have gone on and on...

@ Laura Dove - RE: France. I actually put that in for you! At first I was going to have her say 'the Pegasus', and her dad question if that was some kind of club, but then thought, 'Ah! France! All aliens are from France - and Laura will LOVE it!'

das
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X