Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's up with Jennifer's make-up in this episode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
    (This is not Keller-bashing)

What's up with her make-up? Her eyeshadow is really thick and her lip-gloss thick as well. I don't remember it being this thick in past episodes. What, she thought it'd be nice to doll herself up for her meeting with Todd?

Ouh, do I smell a little Jennifer & Todd shipping hints?

Seriously, though, the make-up artists must've been playing a partical joke on Jewel Staite or something. It's just... weird.
    The smell of luv is in the air...it's TODDIFER!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
      Except for the most part its the girls who notice and the guys dont. I for instance never notice things like makeup and hair styles.
      I didn't notice either, but I did notice she was wearing an interesting jacket.

Comment

I thought I was the only one who noticed how thick everything was laid on! Geez...
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

It's not fashion, it's just an eye for changes in people's looks. Jennifer generally doesn't wear that much make-up. After an entire season of this not happening, she all of a sudden getting tons of it leaped out at me and slapped me in the face.

It was so obvious because it was so unusual.
          well if you had a hot sexy guy like ronon after you, wouldn't you go the extra mile to look nice?

Originally posted by Womble View Post
          We notice. We just don't always realize we've noticed. Our male noticing is a less aware kind of noticing- less about the details and more about the combined effect created by those details.

As for the original poster's observation- the gal has realized she is being actively pursued by two handsome males. I imagine it'd make her a little more self-conscious, hence the make-up and the general flirtier-than-average behavior.
          as a former single young lady (was single over 25 years ago, not commenting on the young part, am still alady though....), yep yep you nailed it! even us nerd girls know to get "dolled up" when we want to
          Last edited by Rac80; 30 September 2008, 12:43 PM. Reason: typo queen rides again!

Comment

I have also noticed that! I thought: "Gosh, her lips are shining as if they could say- kiss me, kiss me Todd" On purpose or not someone watches here 'Beauty and the Beast' too much times Haha this ship will be darn HOT
            sigpic
            sig thanks to Luci

Comment

Originally posted by Achaja View Post
              I have also noticed that! I thought: "Gosh, her lips are shining as if they could say- kiss me, kiss me Todd" On purpose or not someone watches here 'Beauty and the Beast' too much times Haha this ship will be darn HOT

I'm not sure Wraith would kiss...not with their mouths, at least. Maybe with their palms.

Look, she made herself all pretty because of the boys, FORGETTING, perhaps, that the make-up and all wouldn't be sexually appealing to Todd, but appetizing...like putting a parsley garnish on the plate with steak and potatoes. All Todd would see is a young, tasty meal...with shiny lips. God...it must have been TORTURE for him, especially after his 'what would we do? Who would we be?' bit. Just the thought of giving up human feeding must make him want it more - like how we might binge on sweets before starting a diet.

Poor, hungry Todd...

das
              sigpic

Comment

LMAO! Oh Das, you're too hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
                  LMAO! Oh Das, you're too hilarious!
                  Well, just think about it. What's more appetizing - a plain, dry piece of pound cake, or a moist piece of angel's food cake, with thick, rich icing? In the past Todd's been sequestered in the lab with a plain ol' slice of pound cake (McKay), but now he's in there with a yummy piece of rich, moist cake, complete with silky icing and buttercream roses, and he's not even allow a little taste.

I always thought he walked away from Keller because he caught himself 'confessing' his concerns to her, but now I think he walked away because he was on the verge of ruining his diet.

das
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                    Well, just think about it. What's more appetizing - a plain, dry piece of pound cake, or a moist piece of angel's food cake, with thick, rich icing? In the past Todd's been sequestered in the lab with a plain ol' slice of pound cake (McKay), but now he's in there with a yummy piece of rich, moist cake, complete with silky icing and buttercream roses, and he's not even allow a little taste.

I always thought he walked away from Keller because he caught himself 'confessing' his concerns to her, but now I think he walked away because he was on the verge of ruining his diet.

das
                    Sounds like he'll need to join "Wraith Watchers" pretty soon.
                    Can a Wraith become overweight from indulging in too many juicy people?
                    sigpic

Comment

I move that we create a new crack!Pairing and a group of supporters to go with it!

Toddiffer (not mine)! Who's in? We'll have special badges and everything!

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                        Sounds like he'll need to join "Wraith Watchers" pretty soon.

I don't think they can...all the male Wraith are very thin. Those big warriors are a bit more beefy, but still, not fat.

Hmmm....

Maybe I should start eating people!

Spoiler:
                        I keed! I keed! don't go calling the cops on me or anything...

das
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                          It probably just makes them really hyper.

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post

das
                            I think mckay was probably more appetizing, he is a bit on the err chubby side... juicier to a wraith I am sure! you know how a good steak is supposed to have a bit of fat marbelling so it will be juicier and better tasting.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                              I think mckay was probably more appetizing, he is a bit on the err chubby side... juicier to a wraith I am sure! you know how a good steak is supposed to have a bit of fat marbelling so it will be juicier and better tasting.
                              Ahh, but the Wraith must still be attracted to women, shouldn't they? Then again I guess their only women are Queens, and they tend to be... Cold.

Wasn't it established that the Wraith enjoy feeding on the proud the most? And sure, McKay has quite the ego, but I imagine they would find someone like Ronan to be the best meal. I don't think it actually goes by their mass and composition lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
                                Except for the most part its the girls who notice and the guys dont. I for instance never notice things like makeup and hair styles.
                                I'm a guy. I'm also gay so I don't even look at girls "like that". I've just got a good eye for details. And it's not really hard to notice as long as you've got your eye on her and remember how she usually looks.

I just looked at her square in the face when she talked and was immediately blinded by her copious amounts of purplish eyeshadow.

Green for you!
                                So where does it say that ykickamoocow said that he was gay?

Or did you mean "I'm a guy whose gay"?

Comment

Working...
                                X