No announcement yet.

I Throw Up My Hands in Defeat: The Triangle IS Poorly Written

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I'm almost afraid to post here but this just smack me right in the face and after reading all the post I couldn't help but jump in..I know its a sickness

Originally posted by Brain_Child View Post
    Oh come now peoples!!!

Writers needed to get Ronon into the show somehow, and he was obviously going to be in the wraith plot, not the secret lab plot. Ronon also needs a sub plot, he has nothing going for him atm that the writers can use. That little exchange with rodney as they walked past eachother was nothing really, just a way to make a smooth transition from the Wraith story to the secret lab story as the next few scenes involve Rodney and Daniel I believe.

Dont read into it too much, it will prolly be over very soon. Just be thankful that the writers didnt try to include Teyla in the love triangle in some way just to get her into the episode
    LOL, well put..sometimes I think we all over react to some of the little scenes when TPTB has no intentions of sending any messages
    Spoiler:
    ..I'll give an example, I was sure there was some other meaning to Shep and McKay's conversation about him going off world with Keller..Carl answered on Joe M's blog that there was no sub text..only that Shep was suprised..I wouldn't have believed that if it wasn't Carl B. that said it.

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
    At this point, I've ceased wondering if he does love or doesn't. I'm equally ambivalent about whether Rodney loves her. What I am becoming more and more frustrated about is the lack of writing concerning Jennifer's feelings.
    I'm with you on this one Pandora..what are Jenn's feelings. I doubt she is that oblivious to Ronon and McKay's behavior. I want to see some indication from her as to who she wants to be with (since I'm a a Ronon/Jenn shipper I would have to say she seems to favor Ronon) But this love triangle can't continue.

Overall, I still don't know what to think about how this love triangle is written since its harldy in the show and only few lines are used to address it.

As far as the characters - OCC, I don't see that at all. McKay isn't sitting around not working and crying over Jenn and Ronon leaving together. He is human and of course we've all been there when we see the person we have a crush on walking/talking/leaving with someone else..and it feels like a kick in the gut...McKay is human he had his personal moment and then went right back to work. OCC would have been him crying on Daniel's shoulder instead of doing his work

As for Ronon I feel if you don't like the character you will take what he does in a negative way. I for one don't see how him liking Keller and acting like he likes her when he is around her as OCC. He isn't walking around dancing and singing in the hallways in Atlantis and he isn't stopping in the middle of battle so he can stare at Keller. OCC to me would have been if in
    Spoiler:
    Tracker while walking to the gate he decided to hold Keller's hand or stop and make out with her because he was so relief she was safe..no instead he continued on as expected.
    Now if he wants to hold her hand or make out with her while in the comforts of his or her quaters then thats fine and not OCC..but some might think it is since he is a warrior/caveman and not capable of having intimate feelings.

As for the smirk..I don't think it was a smirk to insult McKay or even rub it in his face. Ronon was all smiles when he was walking and talking with Jenn (again I don't see this as OCC because they were on Atlantis and having a conversation) and I'm sure they did not plan to see McKay.

He was just all smiles..Dang people! haven't you ever liked someone that you just smiled..so he was smiling and just continued smiling...and notice it wasn't Ronon who called to McKay..it was Jenn.

I've been going off on a rant..sorry if its confusing and nothing I said make any sense
    Sig made by DG. Thanks DG sigpic

Comment

I guess I'll just have to disagree with you on that.
      I appreciate you saying this...so lets agree to disagree
      "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Originally posted by mellow yellow View Post
        As for Ronon I feel if you don't like the character you will take what he does in a negative way. I for one don't see how him liking Keller and acting like he likes her when he is around her as OCC. He isn't walking around dancing and singing in the hallways in Atlantis and he isn't stopping in the middle of battle so he can stare at Keller. OCC to me would have been if in
        Spoiler:
        Tracker while walking to the gate he decided to hold Keller's hand or stop and make out with her because he was so relief she was safe..no instead he continued on as expected.
        Now if he wants to hold her hand or make out with her while in the comforts of his or her quaters then thats fine and not OCC..but some might think it is since he is a warrior/caveman and not capable of having intimate feelings.
        It's not that I see it in a negative way. I just don't see these actions as ones that the characters would engage in.

I don't know. Maybe it's my hatred of men generally fighting over women that has me despising the development of this triangle, but I can't help but think that this could have been written better.

He was just all smiles..Dang people! haven't you ever liked someone that you just smiled..so he was smiling and just continued smiling...and notice it wasn't Ronon who called to McKay..it was Jenn.
        Further proving my point that TPTB have apparently decided that she lacks any semblance of a compassionate bone in her body.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
          I appreciate you saying this...so lets agree to disagree
          Well that's....succinct. And a bit of a downer. No pithy comebacks or retorts or opposing arguments?
          sigpic

Comment

Well that's....succinct. And a bit of a downer. No pithy comebacks or retorts or opposing arguments?
            *shrug* I said my peace...I try not to be pithy and my arguments have been said...

In closing I suppose I could say I am really hoping for McKay
            "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

*shrug* I said my peace...I try not to be pithy and my arguments have been said...

In closing I suppose I could say I am really hoping for McKay
              YES!!!

Score another one for McKay. :: nods head respectfully :: Nice talking to you too.
              sigpic

Comment

It's not that I see it in a negative way. I just don't see these actions as ones that the characters would engage in.

I don't know. Maybe it's my hatred of men generally fighting over women that has me despising the development of this triangle, but I can't help but think that this could have been written better.

Further proving my point that TPTB have apparently decided that she lacks any semblance of a compassionate bone in her body.
                Yes, I agree with you 100% that this triangle could have been written better..or better yet no triangle at all..just develop one relationship and leave the 3rd party out of it. This triangle thing just started so lets just see how it goes in the next couple of episodes.....
                Sig made by DG. Thanks DG sigpic

Comment

Of course if Teal'c joined the fray...I might have to reconsider

Comment

Of course if Teal'c joined the fray...I might have to reconsider
                    Sacrilege!
                    sigpic

Comment

Sacrilege!
                      Bah now thats just silly

Comment

Sacrilege!
                        lol, yeah.

I am also voting/rooting for McKay.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
                          I think she just has much more pressing matters on her mind than deciding between two guys. And imagine the fallout if she just all the sudden picked one over the other. If she picked Ronan, McKay would be either devastated or whiny, or both. If she picked McKay, well, who knows what Ronan would do. This is to not even mention her feelings for either of them.
                          The fallout will be less bad if she strings them both on for weeks or months and let their feelings deepen?

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
                          I only meant by "friendly competition", that McKay and Ronan are not at each others' throats, poisoning each others' food, and trying to eliminate the other one from the "race" completely, a la, a soap opera.
                          I'm sorry, what part of "Love is not something you have 'friendly competitions' over" was too Southern American Spanish para ti para aprender?

Haha oh for pete's sake...I have responded I've said my peace but your just being silly because McKay seems to be losing to Ronan...I know it must be a very offensive that someone disagrees with you so...I'm very sorry but I don't agree
                          Funny, you haven't responded to my two last posts to you at all.

I'm not "being silly" just because Rodney is losing to Ronon. I don't even like Jennifer. If I had my way, neither man would be vying for her. Your baseless accusations to throw people off the subject aren't working.

Also, I'm a passionate debate. In debates, you enter with opinions or stances and prove or support them with evidence. I do this all the time and so can you.

It is, however, bad form to throw out "evidence" and then running and hiding when called upon it by saying "Let's just agree to disagree" and "You're just being silly because your favorite is losing".

Comment

O.k I'm throwing this out there because I'm curious to know if anybody thinks the same. Does anyone think that maybe Keller enlisted Ronon's help to get Rodney out of his shell. Ronon seems to be the confident, he knew about Teyla & Kanan when John didn't. Could it be that Keller confided in Ronon during their sparring lessons about Rodney's declaration and that he is helping her. What do you think, I just don't buy the whole competition thing, either that, when Keller finds out what the two of them are doing, she might just dumb them both.

Comment

I saw the love triangle coming this way a longtime ago. Like FAII said, Stargate has a horrible track record when it comes to shipping.

And, I don't put that much faith in the writers.

Originally posted by DrJenniferDex View Post
                              Alright, what some people don't seem to understand is, the writers are the ones writing the characters, and they can do it how they want, it's not out of character, as much as you want to think it is.
                              When it contradicts the original canon? Yes, it is. We've had Rodney for more than five years and Ronon a little over three. We've only had Keller for two, and with writing all over the board it's definately not helping her at all. It's a lose/lose situation for all of them.

Comment

I will add my nickle's worth... I STILL haven't seen anything that proves to me that this triangle isn't all in Rodney's head. By that I mean, it's obvious Jennifer and Ronon are spending time together, seeking each other out, and mckay really isn't in the picture in jenn's mind. But then most of his relationships have been in his head, except for Katie that is, (see SGA, s2- grace under pressure and various other comments to sam over the years) and besides being simply friendly I haven't seen Jennifer show any overt interest in him. So the triangle is merely another reason for mckay to WHINE, which he does so well! that is IMHO so take it for what it's worth

Comment

Working...
                                X