I Throw Up My Hands in Defeat: The Triangle IS Poorly Written

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
    The reason why I was against this was because I foresaw exactly all of this happening somewhere down the line.

Previous experience with the PTB's writing and shipping made me predict that it'd go down exactly like this. Now no one's happy. Rodney's been reduced to a flustered geek without the ability to express himself when it comes to emotions or go for the woman he wants (5 years and we're still on this?), Ronon has for whatever reason become very un-Rononlike with a strange new competitive attitude and Jennifer seems kinda sluttish (or really, really dense).

So, there you have it Rononites, Kellerites and Rodneyites. A manure triangle where all sides are badly written.
    Slutish would only be if she was doing something with both of them (eg Kissing, having sex) but she seems to be completely ignoring both McKay's and Ronon's odd behaviour around her which should send signs that something is up.

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
      Slutish would only be if she was doing something with both of them (eg Kissing, having sex) but she seems to be completely ignoring both McKay's and Ronon's odd behaviour around her which should send signs that something is up.
      By sluttish, I mean that she's encouraging both men either explicitly or tacitly. That is if she knows what's up. If she doesn't, then she's just really, really oblivious and naive.

Even I would take note if someone was acting the way Ronon was acting around me and I'm very oblivious or at least cautious to assuming that people are interested in me romantically.

Comment

Heh. And people wonder why some of us are worried about SGU. The writers simply cannot do this sort of stuff with any level of competence. If you're going to put relationships in the show, at least do them right. This little triangle is utterly stupid.

Comment

Oh come now peoples!!!

Writers needed to get Ronon into the show somehow, and he was obviously going to be in the wraith plot, not the secret lab plot. Ronon also needs a sub plot, he has nothing going for him atm that the writers can use. That little exchange with rodney as they walked past eachother was nothing really, just a way to make a smooth transition from the Wraith story to the secret lab story as the next few scenes involve Rodney and Daniel I believe.

Dont read into it too much, it will prolly be over very soon. Just be thankful that the writers didnt try to include Teyla in the love triangle in some way just to get her into the episode
          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Brain_Child View Post
            Stuff.
            "Ronon needs to be written into the episode somehow!" - Yes, and? Good writers would write his plotlines well, not shoehorn him in with a little BS romance on the side.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
              "Ronon needs to be written into the episode somehow!" - Yes, and? Good writers would write his plotlines well, not shoehorn him in with a little BS romance on the side.
              Agreed. They should also be able to write Woolsey as something other than a clown and Teyla as something other than wallpaper.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                Agreed. They should also be able to write Woolsey as something other than a clown and Teyla as something other than wallpaper.
                Exactly. When I started my thread about Woolsey not getting enough character development or meaningful screen time, people are going "What? He's in 14 episodes, bla bla!" as if that meant anything when he's mostly just there as the token base leader during meetings pretty much just saying "Make it so!" while the rest of the time is spent mostly being the comic relief, i.e. clown.

That's the same BS over and over again. It was funny the first time. Then it got repetitive and boring.

Comment

Just be thankful that the writers didnt try to include Teyla in the love triangle in some way just to get her into the episode
                  Oh thank goodness for small mercies
                  sigpic

Comment

Dont read into it too much, it will prolly be over very soon. Just be thankful that the writers didnt try to include Teyla in the love triangle in some way just to get her into the episode
                    I personally think a Keller/McKay/Teyla love triangle would have been far more interesting

Comment

I personally think a Keller/McKay/Teyla love triangle would have been far more interesting
                      sigpic

Comment

Never even thought of that....wish I had.

I don't know PB. It all seems so haphazard and cavalier. I guess we're going to have to turn to fanfics after all.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJenniferDex View Post
                          Thank you very much, Klinjon. It's like the Twilight fans who didn't enjoy Breaking Dawn(I did, personally, so did everyone I know who's read it) claiming it was basically just a giant fanfiction.

Also, I think people need to stop claiming definitively, as though it's a known fact, that Ronon has no feelings for Jennifer at all, and only Rodney deserves her based on that. We. Don't. Know. We're not the writers, we don't know if Ronon is in love with her or not. I, personally, think he is, because he opened up to her more about Melena than he's done with anyone at all, including Sheppard, who is his best friend.
                          At this point, I've ceased wondering if he does love or doesn't. I'm equally ambivalent about whether Rodney loves her. What I am becoming more and more frustrated about is the lack of writing concerning Jennifer's feelings.

It's not a triangle until all 3 are involved and so far she's simply been written as the female standing between Rodney and Ronon and I personally think that's a horrible place for TPTB to put her.

As for your earlier point about OOC behaviour, just because the writers of SGA write doesn't make it universally in character. Every character has an outline, a basic set of personality traits that hold fast no matter what.

If that weren't the case then there would be no point in every introducing new characters or worrying about continuity because you could just change their personalities at will to suit the story. It'd be like multiple personality disorder run amok on SGA.

Where's the challenge in writing if you don't have to be concerned with writing characters well and honestly?

Originally posted by Dwparsnip View Post
                          Never even thought of that....wish I had.

I don't know PB. It all seems so haphazard and cavalier. I guess we're going to have to turn to fanfics after all.
                          Yeah well. I'd hoped (apparently against hope) that that wouldn't be true in this case, but alas I hoped in vain.

It's sad though because so much of this Season is turning into the best season ever....and then there's this.
                          sigpic

Comment

FAII, what kind of world has it become when I begin to agree with you?
                            sigpic

Comment

Haha, i mess with my friends alot worse than what Ronin is doing. I outright proposition their girls infront of them sometimes just to get a rise out of them. XD

She knows how both of them are and she probably dosent even know what she wants, sounds like a woman to me. She was obviously amused by Ronin following her like a puppy, and she made a point of saying bye Rodney WERE leaving. Breaking news: Women Vamp. More @ 11.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                                Haha, i mess with my friends alot worse than what Ronin is doing. I outright proposition their girls infront of them sometimes just to get a rise out of them. XD

She knows how both of them are and she probably dosent even know what she wants, sounds like a woman to me. She was obviously amused by Ronin following her like a puppy, and she made a point of saying bye Rodney WERE leaving. Breaking news: Women Vamp. More @ 11.
                                She sounded quite annoyed at Ronon following her around when she was talking to Woolsey.

Comment

Working...
                                X