This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Corona View Post
    Some of this does seem rushed. I don't recall having as many holes in SG-1 throughout its RDA years.
    Indeed. I suspect that there are a lot of things that occurred within the last few years that wouldn't have been tolerated during the RDA years.

They seem to have run a much more cohesive show back then.
    sigpic
    Sig by Luciana

Comment

So, Chair is destroyed, Area 51 is destroyed. Not too bad an episode, interesting ending. One thing however. Who the hell was that woman talking to Ronon at the end? It's like some civilian just walked aboard, then became well known to everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Corona View Post
        Not to cross shows here but remember Independence Day?

Area 51 was massive underground. Where was the chair? In a shed above ground?

Some of this does seem rushed. I don't recall having as many holes in SG-1 throughout its RDA years.
        Independence Day's Area 51 was very different than Stargate's version. Most of Stargate's version is above ground but there are places that are underground likely the chair. However if the bombardment was strong enough the ground would collapse crushing the chair.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Um the Hive was in orbit of Earth when they dialed so that gate took presidence. The reason they couldn't do it in Adrift is because they were not in orbit of a planet. In EATG the ship was in orbit of Earth so it would work.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
            Um the Hive was in orbit of Earth when they dialed so that gate took presidence. The reason they couldn't do it in Adrift is because they were not in orbit of a planet. In EATG the ship was in orbit of Earth so it would work.
            No, in EATG they were on the outskirts of the Milky Way when they first dialled Earth?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
              It doesn't work that way. You need to know the point of orgin where Atlantis is located not Earth. That said we don't know how far Atlantis was from a solar system. It would be very easy to get into a planet's orbit and then dial Earth
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Just watched enemy at the gate and I feel the need to discuss it, I realise a lot have already with the UK airing it later than other countries.

How cool was that! Atlantis flying and landing on earth!
                It went through me to see Ronon get killed, glad he came back!
                It was good to see Ronon with someone at last.
                Keller didn't do much which was surprising.

Seeing that episode makes me sad that there won't be a sixth season! But even more excited about the upcoming Atlantis film.

A Great episode to watch on my birthday. Thanks to all those who have produced stargate over the past 5 years!
                sigpic

Comment

Bitter Sweet episode for obvious reasons, always like a dog fight

Also didnt realise theres an Atlantis 'Film' being made

Im guessing its a straight to DVD film thats being made ?

Anyway as has been said in the original post thx for the work and effort put in on the show over these 5 years

Comment

I can't wait for the atlantis film! I recorded it on sky+ so im gna watch it another day.

Comment

Now *THAT* was a series finale! Excellent! Far, far better than the finale that Stargate SG-1 got! Just doing that makes me very happy with the episode! It definitely gets a 10-vote from me!

Thank you to the cast and crew of Stargate: Atlantis for 5-great years! I can't wait to see them all back together for the movie which this finale episode has got me all the more eager to see!

Last edited by Alan; 13 January 2009, 05:20 PM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

You're right, it was pretty poor - even the gate effects in SG1 season 1 were better and that was 12 years ago

I bet they had a few pennies left in the "CGI Piggybank" (patent pending), which is probably why we got this shot and also no wormhole drive shots.
                        I hope you like Guinness sir, I find it a refreshing substitute for.... food

Comment

Someone posted that the finale felt less like an actual finale and more like a clip show of a finale. I found that description quite fitting.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                            Someone posted that the finale felt less like an actual finale and more like a clip show of a finale. I found that description quite fitting.
                            I would agree with that assessment.
                            sigpic

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/brettsuddreth

Comment

The CGI of the SGA gates (the effect of entering/exiting, mainly) has almost always been terrible; it just hasn't been much of a noticeable problem because the stargate is hardly ever seen in SGA. They just had to stick a couple in in this episode 'cos it's the last.
                              Last edited by brains12; 13 January 2009, 02:01 PM.
                              -- Brains12

Comment

Probably the worst gate effects EVER!

Comment

Working...
                                X