This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a cool episode!

Very tense! I was nervous about what was going to happen for about 3/4 of the episode! It's weird how this season's 3rd episode was about a similar topic to last season's 3rd episode (Reunion).

Woolsey is actually very nice, I'm starting to like him a lot. I actually hope he stays around at this point! I can't believe I'm actually saying this!

Teyla and the baby and Kanaan, that is something I thought we'd never see, I thought that Kanaan would stay a hybrid or end up dead! It's nice that they're finally saving some people on the show.

I liked that the Satedans living on other planets was touched on again, I always felt that was pretty pointless to show except for Ronon's relief that more of his people survived.

I never thought that Ronon would break down for that reverse feeding stuff, but it turns out that there's more to it than just giving in, it's more of a drug addiction to the Wraith enzyme. How is this different than what happened with Ford? He didn't gain anymore strength apparently and did think normally except he was essentially brainwashed (seems like they're coping the whole Teal'c-Apophis/Ba'al brainwashing thing here with Ronon) and I wished that they would have explained some more how that works.

I was afraid that Tyre had betrayed the Atlantis team but luckily, he didn't. I liked the chopping of the Wraith's hand off part. That was pretty cool. Can Wraith reattach/regrow parts of their bodies? How would he have suvived if he wasn't blown up with the base? It seems he thought that he could. I wouldn't have appreciated the coolness of Tyre's sword if I didn't see the blueprints and details of it on Joe Mallozzi's blog. It's amazing how much detail is put into little and big things on the show. I wouldn't have paid attention to his necklace/pendant if it wasn't for the blog.

The sword fight was cool as well, I was thinking that Tyre would end up dying after that, I'm surprised that Wraith believed the team when they said that they wouldn't blow up the base and such. The last minute "it's not too late" temptation thing was expected of course.

I was surprised given the time constraints that the episodes are under these days thanks to commercials how much time they spent on Teyla's decision to stay on the team.

Were we supposed to recognize the Wraith that captured Ronon? Because I didn't and I know just about everything about the shows.

I had a feeling that "something more comfortable" for Woolsey would be a suit and tie. A Very charming and nice ending. I've never seen a Stargate episode end that way before, classical music and all.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by miniglik View Post
      Oh, and that was the Worst. Wraith. Ever.

What was with the voice? He sounded like a stock broker.
      Well they do both suck the life out of you
      Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by operagrrl View Post
        I could be misremembering (and I must be because that's just too much of a continuity era), but I though I remembered a scene in season two (in a flashback) that showed a wraith being unable to feed on Ronon.
        You could interpret it that way, but what happened was the Wraith put his hand up to feed, and then stopped. It's definitely not spelled out he COULDN'T.

I assumed he didn't because he "sensed Ronon's strength."
        My Livejournal
        I watched all of the first four seasons of SGA last May. Here are my newbie impressions.

Comment

I thought this episode was great. Here's some of the things I liked:
          • It had a nice balance of slow and intense/action scenes
          • Woolsey is more comfortable in a suit
          • Woolsey loved his dog
          • The new male wraith looked and sounded cool and different
          • The webbing that Ronon was tied to was cool looking
          • Jason (Ronon) did a really good acting job
          • Tyre (sp?) did a good acting job, as he did on his previous appearance (much better than Iron Chef America )
          • They showed Kanan
          • The discussion between Teyla and Woolsey
          • The briefing room doors didnt open for Woolsey
          • Woolsey with the baby
          • They came to a decision about Teyla's character and staying on the team
          • Sheppard: "I'm not taking a bath with you"
          • Ronon was scared by the surprise party
          • And it looked like McKay killed a group of three "no-face" Wraith when they attacked the facility

I thought Woolsey was really good and funny on this episode. I only wish that the music he was listening to at the end was the opera he sang on Star Trek Voyager. Now that would have been cool.

Overall: Great episode -> 9/10
          Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Why would he be immune to being fed upon? His race was culled by the wraith, they don't attack worlds to conquer them, they attack them for food. Thats why the wraith all have stunners instead of staff weapons.

Comment

I loved Woolsey. He's fast on his way to becoming one of my favorite characters. In fact, he was one of the few things I liked about this episode. RP is doing a terrific job.

The story felt slow and not at all suspenseful. I like Ronon, I wanted to care what was happening to him, but something just wasn't right. For one thing, the wraith wasn't at all frightening. What has happened to the wraith makeup? Shiny face, greasy hair, the voice sounded odd and something about him using the word "magnificent" threw me off.

I've been a fan of Teyla since season one, I struggled to like her in season four, and I was hoping we were back to the good old Teyla when I saw S&R and The Seed. Tonight's Teyla was season four Teyla and she annoyed me throughout. I don't want to see homelife with Teyla, baby and the ex-zombie. I wish they would just get rid of Kanaan already.

Keller needs to stop with the quavery voice and all of the pauses between *pause* every *pause* phrase *pause* she utters. I just want to slap her head to jog her along. Maybe she needs an inhaler?

On the bright side, John looked exceptionally good tonight.

Comment

I could be misremembering (and I must be because that's just too much of a continuity error), but I thought I remembered a scene in season two (in a flashback) that showed a wraith being unable to feed on Ronon.
                There was an episode where we see a flashback of a Wraith begin to feed but then stop, the Wraith had recognised Ronon's strength and decided to make him a runner. He didn't stop because he was unable to feed.

Comment

I could be misremembering (and I must be because that's just too much of a continuity error), but I thought I remembered a scene in season two (in a flashback) that showed a wraith being unable to feed on Ronon.
                  Yeah that kind of bothered me too.

Comment

» This episode hasn't aired yet where I live, so I don't know what I'm doing here. But what the heck.

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
                    Well atleast he went out in a pretty cool and diginfied way. Better then Ford IMO
                    » Better than Ford, who didn't go out.

Originally posted by Pudding View Post
                    Or they have really bad plot-editors that couldn't catch that.
                    » Or they don't have any.

Comment

Robert of defiantly doing better then people expected

he's so funny

Comment

I liked this ep, mostly for the Woolsey moments and for Teyla finally coming back to the team!

But, umm... can someone explain to me how they got around the fact that the whole reason Ronon was a runner was because the Wraith can't feed on him? They clearly showed life being sucked out of him.
                        It's called "I've got a great story idea, so let's throw continuum out the window!" . Or they have really bad plot-editors that couldn't catch that.
                        They've never said that the Wraith can't feed on him, just that they stopped and made him a runner instead.
                        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          There was an episode where we see a flashback of a Wraith begin to feed but then stop, the Wraith had recognised Ronon's strength and decided to make him a runner. He didn't stop because he was unable to feed.
                          Ok, thanks to those who mentioned this. I had definitely seen it as the Wraith being unable to feed on him (and just Ronon, not all Satedans), but I did watch all of season 2 in one mad rush!

Comment

OMG!!! Rodney in his tub, in a bubble bath! SQUEE!!!
                            HE took out THREE WRAITH with his P-90! WOOHOO! GO RODNEY!!!

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                            I just love how Woolsey's idea of "more comfortable" is a suit and tie. That and how he can't open the doors to the conference room.
                            Those scenes cracked me up!!! LMAO!!! Loved when he reached to the side as if there was a sensor there!

Originally posted by miniglik View Post
                            Oh, and that was the Worst. Wraith. Ever.

What was with the voice? He sounded like a stock broker.
                            That was one BUTT UGLY WRAITH!

It's called "I've got a great story idea, so let's throw continuum out the window!" . Or they have really bad plot-editors that couldn't catch that.
                            I think you meant "Continuity" not the new Stargate movie.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
                              I loved Woolsey. He's fast on his way to becoming one of my favorite characters. In fact, he was one of the few things I liked about this episode. RP is doing a terrific job.

The story felt slow and not at all suspenseful. I like Ronon, I wanted to care what was happening to him, but something just wasn't right. For one thing, the wraith wasn't at all frightening. What has happened to the wraith makeup? Shiny face, greasy hair, the voice sounded odd and something about him using the word "magnificent" threw me off.

I've been a fan of Teyla since season one, I struggled to like her in season four, and I was hoping we were back to the good old Teyla when I saw S&R and The Seed. Tonight's Teyla was season four Teyla and she annoyed me throughout. I don't want to see homelife with Teyla, baby and the ex-zombie. I wish they would just get rid of Kanaan already.

Keller needs to stop with the quavery voice and all of the pauses between *pause* every *pause* phrase *pause* she utters. I just want to slap her head to jog her along. Maybe she needs an inhaler?

On the bright side, John looked exceptionally good tonight.
                              I agree with this. Except I didn't even notice Keller. But that Wraith was such a hammy unimposing baddie. He ruined all of the Ronon + Wraith scenes for me.

Joe's hair was really excellent tonight. I will cling to that and try to ignore Jason's horrible, horrible wig (which was exceptionally obvious tonight).
                              My Livejournal
                              I watched all of the first four seasons of SGA last May. Here are my newbie impressions.

Comment

I also thought it was funny when they showed Rodney in the bathtub at the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X