• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Broken Ties' (503) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON FIVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 503

Ronon once again comes face-to-face with Tyre, one of his people who became a Wraith worshiper -- but who now claims he has broken free of their influence.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 12:11 AM.

I just love how Woolsey's idea of "more comfortable" is a suit and tie. That and how he can't open the doors to the conference room.

Comment

I am so glad this episode finally addressed Teyla's return to active duty. Hallelujah! The fact that Kannan sort of helped her make her decision to go back was pretty sweet.

I liked John's strictness with Teyla, he in essence said, "Make a freaking decision" hehe. John is a military man he's not there to coddle anyone, not that I don't understand Teyla's plight, I do sympathise with it

Woosley is actually a delight to watch now, when he got trapped in the conference room after the others left was hillarious. As well as the scene when Teyla dumped the baby on him. And I just sort of liked the scene when John was going to rescue Ronon at the first location, he looked up at Woosley and said "well bring him back," and woosley said something to the exent of, "see that you do!" It seems so very right.

To tell you the truth I was more concerned about the character development than what was going on than what was happening with Ronon and Tyre, overall a great episode.

Final note, Ronon's new locks wig is atrocious. they should have just written in his shorter'do.

Comment

Great episode I liked what they did with Woolsey in it Made him more.....Identifyable
        Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

So weird. The A plot was kind of subpar, but the rest was pretty good. I'm a little disappointed in the A plot, but I enjoyed all of Woosley's interactions.
          And the Teyla subplot wasn't bad either.
          My Livejournal
          I watched all of the first four seasons of SGA last May. Here are my newbie impressions.

Comment

I liked this ep, mostly for the Woolsey moments and for Teyla finally coming back to the team!

But, umm... can someone explain to me how they got around the fact that the whole reason Ronon was a runner was because the Wraith can't feed on him? They clearly showed life being sucked out of him.

Comment

i thought this episode was pretty well made, the only thing that bugs me is that another good enemy went down the drain...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dpil236 View Post
                i thought this episode was pretty well made, the only thing that bugs me is that another good enemy went down the drain...
                Well atleast he went out in a pretty cool and diginfied way. Better then Ford IMO
                Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by operagrrl View Post
                  But, umm... can someone explain to me how they got around the fact that the whole reason Ronon was a runner was because the Wraith can't feed on him? They clearly showed life being sucked out of him.
                  ronon isn't immune to being fed on. in "runner", the wraith sensed ronon's strength and he was made into a runner instead.

this episode has it weak moments (the teyla "soap opera" in some parts), but overall, I love it. jason/ronon and mark/tyre have a great dynamic to me, and even woolsey was enjoyable, but the ending is a waste of a good villain.

Comment

I don't think it was ever stated that they can't feed on Ronon or runners. I liked the episode, got to see a bit of a different side of Ronon. I thought he was crying for a minute there when he was being tortured but I didn't see any tears.

Comment

Next time I need to open a door, I'm going to stand there flailing my arms wildly.
                      "If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago..."

Comment

Oh, and that was the Worst. Wraith. Ever.

What was with the voice? He sounded like a stock broker.
                        My Livejournal
                        I watched all of the first four seasons of SGA last May. Here are my newbie impressions.

Comment

It's called "I've got a great story idea, so let's throw continuum out the window!" . Or they have really bad plot-editors that couldn't catch that.
                          What's life? Life's easy. A quirk of matter. Nature's way of keeping meat fresh.
                          --Ninth Doctor

Comment

I liked this ep, mostly for the Woolsey moments and for Teyla finally coming back to the team!

He's not immune, never has been.

Comment

I could be misremembering (and I must be because that's just too much of a continuity error), but I thought I remembered a scene in season two (in a flashback) that showed a wraith being unable to feed on Ronon.

Comment

Working...
                              X