This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
    You clearly know nothing about the male mide. It would have been ALOT worse (from McKay's perspecitive) if Keller did stand up for him as it would be like that she is fighting his battles for him.
    If she cared so much about McKay's perspective, she shouldn't have told him to be "humble", to stop disliking the plane, and to stop telling Moron not to turn on a very dangerous piece of machinery. The combination of all three and her not even trying to stick up for McKay makes it look like she either doesn't know Rodney or is in love with the potential of turning him back into to "kindler, gentler" McKay of The Shrine.

If they had written Keller sticking up for McKay and McKay telling her off for it -- fine. That's believable and actually would have made me respect Keller for a few minutes. Besides, Rodney has never had a problem with Ronon or Sheppard sticking up for him.

DragonLady
    "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
      Not only was it not her place, but Rodney's a big boy. He can handle it and take care of himself. Plus, Rodney was supposed to be on a humble kick that day, right?
      To just sit there and allow two people to bash someone you love when they are so far off-base they can't even see the light of day is displaying a lack of loyalty. I don't have any respect for that. Furthermore, he wasn't handling it fine -- he was angsting about it all on the plane ride and her whole purpose being there was to be his wingman.

It's a far cry from Sheppard's "you mess with one of us, you mess with all of us" and Ronon's "I may mess with Rodney, but you'd better keep your paws off or I'll slam you up against a wall and remind you quite forcefully not to touch him."

DragonLady
      "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

Originally posted by DragonLadyK View Post
        If she cared so much about McKay's perspective, she shouldn't have told him to be "humble", to stop disliking the plane, and to stop telling Moron not to turn on a very dangerous piece of machinery. The combination of all three and her not even trying to stick up for McKay makes it look like she either doesn't know Rodney or is in love with the potential of turning him back into to "kindler, gentler" McKay of The Shrine.

If they had written Keller sticking up for McKay and McKay telling her off for it -- fine. That's believable and actually would have made me respect Keller for a few minutes. Besides, Rodney has never had a problem with Ronon or Sheppard sticking up for him.

DragonLady
        Thats completely different as Sheppard and Ronon stick up for him in a military way. They are supposed to protect him because fighting isnt his speciality (even though he has gotten better at it). In the situation in "Brain Storm" was purely intellectual and McKay does NOT need anyone to stick up for him in a intellectual way as he is more than capable of doing it himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
          why would they invite Carter, a USAF Colonel, when they didn't want any involvement of the government/military because they knew they would most likely get shut down?
          And yet they invited McKay..
          The point is, it was supposed to be a meeting of the best Earth scientists. So Sam should have been there. Not because she's in the Air Force but because she's the leading expert in astrophysics. I do get why she couldn't be there, but it struck me as very odd that nobody, including Rodney, asked about her.
          There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
          sigpic
          awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by col aga View Post
            And yet they invited McKay..
            The point is, it was supposed to be a meeting of the best Earth scientists. So Sam should have been there. Not because she's in the Air Force but because she's the leading expert in astrophysics. I do get why she couldn't be there, but it struck me as very odd that nobody, including Rodney, asked about her.
            They didnt know McKay was working for the military. If they did them they probably wouldnt have invited him.

Comment

Very high school. Beardless nerd boys' w*t dream.

Well, TPTB said they needed to aim for that demographic, didn't they?
              Last edited by Lorr; 23 November 2008, 08:58 PM.

Comment

This was a so-so episode. It's not as if it was really bad, it's just that it could have been so much better.
                1. Maybe they could have had Daniel in the Earth control room and then have something happen as McKeller walked through the gate to point out that they are dating, then maybe have DJ say something in passing to Rodney, like "How did you manage that?" or something such as ().
                2. Some kind of split story would have been nice. Instead, 45 minutes was focused on McKeller. I don't hate the 'ship, but we could have used a little less.
                3. Along the same lines, the whole "we're in the back of a private jet, lets have sex" thing on a first date seems really, really unlikely obviously. The relationship needed to go a little (or a lot) slower.
                4. For an episode on Earth, I would have liked to have seen some of Carter/DJ/Jeannie's interaction with Rodney, if only in passing.

Are you serious!?!? Bill Nye the freaking Science Guy!! I wonder how TPTB pulled that off. Just awesome. "I got dibbs" <-- HILARIOUS!

Yeah, McKeller was good up until the last scene. Then, UH OH!(Jim Rome inside joke)

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

HELLO ellabooray! Welcome to GW!

Wow If you stick up for a friend then your treating them like a baby, but if you don't stand up for him then you are a loser!

I'd rather have my friends stick up for me and tell people who are mocking me or putting me and my work down telling them to shut the <snip>UP! Then to stand there and do nothing and make me feel even MORE pathetic than the people putting me down!
                  Last edited by Skydiver; 24 November 2008, 04:02 AM.
                  Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    What you think about Weir is irrelevant here. She's gone. Can't you give it a rest? Why does this still matter to you?
                    It doesn't in the least. I was just responding to your post. Someone else interjected Weir into this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Ncc-72452 View Post
                      You have a STRANGE age perception. IMO, she looks nowhere near 10 years older than him. Comparing these two pairs is not even in the ballpark, IMO. You are welcome to your opinion, but I didn't get the impression that Weir ever mothered Sheppard. She was still his boss and gave him orders, if that's what you mean... But I agree with you that Keller seemed to be mothering McKay, as in correcting socially deviant behavior, but Keller kinda does that with everyone.
                      <shrug> I guess it's a matter of perception. Sheppard always looked about 35 to me, Weir about 45.

And I think Weir was into correcting "deviant" behavior too--at least, behavior she disapproved of. She often responded to McKay and Sheppard as if they were six-year-olds. Granted, they often acted that way--but she could have responded to them differently. She was written to reproach them and scold them. It came across, to me anyway, like mommying. YMMV.

Most of the women of Stargate are like that. Vala was the one exception. The women were the grown-ups, smiling in benign reproach when the boys got rowdy. Sam and Jack were that way, too. So are Teyla and Sheppard.

I miss Vala.

Comment

i loved this ep. I loved bill nye, especially when he goes " why do you think i've been standing here!" I can't believe they got him.
                        I have never been a keller fan or a mckay/keller fan but I am a HUGE mckay fan and i do think they were cute together even though there wasn't much chemistry in other episodes. For the comments about how she kept trying to change him and how that's bad, I think he wants to change, especially after his last relationship. I believe he basically said he wasn't good enough for the girl when he ended it. Also in "trio" he gave off that attitude when he talked about the relationship ending. The fact that keller can help him with that is awesome.
                        I think there was great character development in this episode. He did become more humble and not just to please keller b/c he did it when she wasn't around. He let malcom save the day, and when malcom said "she's your sister right?" he didn't say anything! I was so shocked. I think normally he would be quick to say she's not. He used to be very petty like that and would interrupt people a lot.

I am surprised they got so far on the first date that was a little much, but...
                        All in all, awesome.

Comment

Just catching up and an ep of SA popped into mind, The Long Goodbye. I think the McKeller war will end something like that, with two of us left trying to kill the other with any means possible.

Just saying.
                          sigpic < Look what happens when you cancel stargate atlantis.

Mirror Mirror is a great maybe a little complicated but great.

Comment

LOVED it. I was voting for Ronon while the shipping wars were going on but ill admit i think Keller and Rodney balence one another out.

also bill bill bill bill bill bill bill bill bill bill bill bill bill
                            nye the science guy
                            bill bill bill bill bill bill bill bill bill

oh and Walter.

Comment

Don't normally respond to these threads, but on a flying visit from the John Sheppard Thunkers, I have to say that this episode really disappointed me. There's so little time left to have some wonderful team episodes with the great dynamic that has developed. Keller's silly childishness and whining just get on my nerves. I agree that we could have had some of the shipping thing, but it really needed a split storyline, maybe something happening with Ronon and Sheppard. And, given the lack of romance for our leading man, this just seems like a sickly waste of time, but then I am biased!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fifi View Post
                                Keller's silly childishness and whining just get on my nerves. I agree that we could have had some of the shipping thing, but it really needed a split storyline, maybe something happening with Ronon and Sheppard. !
                                I'd would have liked to follow another storyline at the base with the rest of the team members. That would make the episode lighter, more interesting and give us the opportunity to know a little more about the team, before the end. My problem with this episode was it had a very weak story. Not the McKeller shipping. I don't think the two have much chemistry together, but I was getting used to it. The storyline did not make sense: an interdimemsional bridge to solve Global warming? By removing heath? Isn't global cooling a consequence of Global warming (as oceanic currents and streams will stop)? Some sort of green house gases removal method would make more sense. But heath removal? Give me a break. Don't insult my intelligence.
                                sigpic
                                Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                                Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Working...
                                X