This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlexG2490 View Post
    I really enjoyed the episode but I can see where the other opinions are coming from. What really made it for me was the people who were in it. McKay is my favorite character by far and away, so already I was predisposed to like it.
    Agreed. McKay is one of my favorites too.

Then, before I watched the episode I heard Bill Nye was making a cameo, and I absolutely ADORED him when I was a kid. The fact that, unlike most appearances by celebrities as themselves on TV and in movies, he had a measurable part instead of just a thirty second section make it all the better.
    Same here.

And finally it was awesome to see Dave Foley again. That was a complete surprise when I started watching but it brought back so many awesome memories of other things he's been in... to the point where I had to go to Amazon mid episode and order the complete series of News Radio!

The story may not have been great but the people in it (especially people I haven't seen for a long time) made it a huge entertainment piece for me.
    Agreed. The story did have a few flaws but overall it was very enjoyable IMO.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Really great episode! This season has been nothing but good episodes and too bad it's going away. DAMN YOU EXECUTIVES!!!!

Comment

a) McKay is not one of my favorite characters and at times he seriously annoys me - but a whole room full of McKay's is quite funny.

b) Australia fell off the map - Global warming already hit and they got flooded

c) Jack Dawson also originated from Chippewa Falls according to the Titanic script and he too suffocated in icy cold water - except his Rose wasn't able to safe him since she too was well on her way to join him.

d) McKay going all panicky - the hypochondriac thinking about someone else for a change, now that was quite the progression for his character - if only we had gotten this sooner in any of the other 90 McKay heavy episodes.

e) Keller may have redeemed herself as a person in this episode, but as a Doctor she's still as incompetent as ever. Now, I'm not sure how this personality will continue, or whether they'll change her around again to suit the plot better - the probability is quite high. A shame.

f) I humbly ask SciFi and MGM never to do a green episode again - just don't.

g) Even though heavy on the McKeller, I didn't seem to mind much. Like Ronon, I probably don't care anymore. It's not like it'll change any time soon cause TPTW just love them together, to the detriment of it all.

h) I played videogames on my Xbox (not the 360) that have better graphics than that building.

i) It wasn't bad, but I could have done without it. Really, don't do this again! I don't care which characters you stick in there next time - JUST DON'T!

j) Seems I have a lot to say about this - I'm genuinly surprised.

Signing off now...
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

IMO probably the weakest episode of all SG related episodes.

McKeller annoys me. Ronon was always the better choice for *something* going on. But instead McKay gets a woman again, just after messing up a proposal??? I seriously don't get that at all. He had his romance part, now let others take over.

Really bad building CGI. Cliches all over the place.

Comment

Just watched this , i really like it,
            im sooo sad only 4 Atlantis' left
            yayish for mckellar but sad for Ronan, he has kinda been ignored

: )
            SGA is cool.

Cancellation is not

Comment

It was an ok ep. Better than i thought though
              sigpic

Comment

Honestly, this is one of my favorite SGA episodes. One reason is I enjoy every one of Martin Gero's episodes, I think they are all good! Its great to see Bill Nye in a sci-fi show. It was a little odd, but it was really fantastic in my opinion! Great episode for McKay.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                  Great episode for McKay.
                  Yes, because he's so underdeveloped. He really needed another episode all to himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    b) Australia fell off the map - Global warming already hit and they got flooded

<snip>
                    LOL! Indeed!

f) I humbly ask SciFi and MGM never to do a green episode again - just don't.
                    My all point about it: it's so terribly bad the message got completely lost!
                    Spoiler:
                    NO MORE GREEN EPISODES EVER AGAIN!
                    sigpic
                    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Yes, because he's so underdeveloped. He really needed another episode all to himself.
                      Every episode was somewhat a McKay episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                        Every episode was somewhat a McKay episode.
                        There's the understatement of the century ... no wait, the millenium.

Comment

I shall maintain that Brain Storn is the result of me eating some spaghetti sprouting green stuff before bed
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            I shall maintain that Brain Storn is the result of me eating some spaghetti sprouting green stuff before bed
                            That's never good.

Comment

This is how this started:

Sgt. Andrews: "Hey Capt.! We're watching Stargate with the Marines! Wanna watch?

Me: "Sure! It must be a Keller episode, you know how those Marines love their Jewel Staite!"

Sgt. Andrews: "Yeah, it can't be that bad. It's Stargate after all."

Well, now after viewing that I'm considering the thought that the Taliban might have had it right after all. It is unfortunate that Bill Nye had to be in the worst Stargate episode ever. I wonder if I could behave like a giant jackass and then save the day and have women swoon over me. Oh, wait, I already do that and so far there's no mile high club for me.

I'm pretty sure this episode was the writers giving us a reason to not be sad that Atlantis was gone. "Well I'm sad that SGA got canceled, but on the bright side we don't ever have to sit through Brainstorm again."
                              sigpic
                              In Islamofascist Afghanistan, pain experiences you!
                              "The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get." ~ AFSOC MOUT Instructor

Comment

Loved it! Love McKeller. Loved the strawberry reference to Firefly. Loved the room full of geeks. All my favourite things!!

Comment

Working...
                                X