No announcement yet.

worst season 5 SGA episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saw it. 'Vegas' was very well done. One of the best of the season. Very original, a kind of
    Spoiler:
    Enterprise 'In A Mirror Darkly'
    . And the MUSIC!!!
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Okay, little update:

Spoiler:
      SGA Contest for worst affronts to physics in S5:

3rd prize goes to Joe Mallozzi and Paul Mullie for Enemy at the Gate
      2nd prize goes to Martin Gero for First Contact
      And the greatest affron to physics in S5 also goes to Martin Gero for Brain Storm
      Last edited by Pajus; 06 January 2009, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
        Just saw it. 'Vegas' was very well done. One of the best of the season. Very original, a kind of
        Spoiler:
        Enterprise 'In A Mirror Darkly'
        . And the MUSIC!!!
        See, told ya. Again I can understand people wanted something different for the 2nd to last ep of the series, but again if you read the RCC interview, they were brave thinking there would be a 6th season.
        sigpic

Comment

Having heralded its brilliance... Wasn't someone supposed to be gay? I was listening for the sex of the medic Shep went back to get, but I heard 'her'. I'm guessing Rodney and Radek. Their fight felt very personal. "Why do you do this in front of people?!"

Another question... When they found out the show had been cancelled, pre-production had already begun on the rest of the season and there was no chance of changing the stories told?
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Having heralded its brilliance... Wasn't someone supposed to be gay? I was listening for the sex of the medic Shep went back to get, but I heard 'her'. I'm guessing Rodney and Radek. Their fight felt very personal. "Why do you do this in front of people?!"
            Joe said
            And so, heading into the show’s fifth season, we were faced with the prospect of a love triangle, with two very different suitors vying for the gal. Further complications were suggested in the first draft of Search and Rescue with the introduction of Captain Alicia Vega who, in the episode’s final scene, essentially asks Keller out. The prospect of introducing a gay character to the Stargate universe was always an interesting possibility, but one that would require the right circumstances. In fact, for several years now, there has been one recurring character who, in my mind, is gay but there has never been an opportunity to confirm the fact. While I feared that suggesting it in a throw-away (“I’m heading back to Earth to spend time with my boyfriend. See ya!”) would seem like a truly forced WTF moment for fans, alternately, making a big deal of it felt wrong as well. So, unless the right circumstances present themselves for this character, the fans can simply go ahead assuming he is heterosexual until such a time that, in a Rowlingesque postscript, I can add: “And, oh yeah, by the way - he was gay.” The character of Alicia Vega, meanwhile, did offer an opening that an established character did not: she was new and the final scene of the season five premiere felt neither forced nor insignificant. Of course, as Paul pointed out: “Do we really want to make this love triangle a love rectangle?”. Well, again, the decision was made for us when the episode ran waaaay too long and a good portion of Vega’s scenes, including the last one, had to be cut for time.
            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-and-what-ifs/

Another question... When they found out the show had been cancelled, pre-production had already begun on the rest of the season and there was no chance of changing the stories told?
            correct
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Thanks, Jumper.
              Funny how SGA's ending much like Enterprise. People either loved or hated the Mirror episodes, and it seems the same with Vegas. I rate it as one of the best, others seem to be rating it as one of the worst.
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Thanks, Jumper.
                Funny how SGA's ending much like Enterprise. People either loved or hated the Mirror episodes, and it seems the same with Vegas. I rate it as one of the best, others seem to be rating it as one of the worst.
                huh? people actually hated the Mirror eps? wow I thought they were awesome! as was Vegas imo
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Thanks, Jumper.
                  It seems like 75% of the fans loved this episode and 25% either thought it was awful or just average.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    It seems like 75% of the fans loved this episode and 25% either thought it was awful or just average.
                    Would you please stop this false generalizations
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Would you please stop this false generalizations
                      I am going by multiple polls, buddy. Including GW's! I tried to vote more than once just to see and cannot, so it is pretty concrete.
                      sigpic

Comment

Because polls are so accurate
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                          Of which fans? The fans who frequent the forums and the MGM site? That's how many people who actually care enough to vote? 100 000, if you're lucky.

I'm a huge fan. I frequent forums and post on them and even I don't click on those polls.

Polls tell you....a word I can't say here...all about anything.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Because polls are so accurate
                            Some of them are.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                              huh? people actually hated the Mirror eps? wow I thought they were awesome! as was Vegas imo
                              I thought the 2 parter was great, but if you look at some of the comments on youtube re: those episode clips, people're very bitter. I've encountered the usual 'ENT continues taking a steaming whizz on Trek continuity' in other places.
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

The episodes I did see, Whisper is the worstes, baddest, horriblester, stupidester episode!

POINTLESS!!!!
                                Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Working...
                                X