Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning Contains Major Spoilers: Who will not Survive Enemy at the Gate?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am thinking Michael now just a feeling
    sigpic
    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
      also remember BW said he was writing a shall we say romantic scene (S/J)
      Don't remind me. I might get sick watching that scene.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm going to say Keller. She died in the alternate timeline anyway so maybe it's fate she dies in this timeline too.

Keller dying will allow for some great angsty scene chewing for McKay, because goodness knows he hasn't had enough of those this season, as well as freeing Rodney up to find yet another girlfriend/romantic love of his life in the Atlantis movie!

It's win win.

Comment

Just because it's a significant death of a familiar face doesn't mean it's a person. Remember "Ethon"? I'd consider that a significant death of a familiar face (OK, Pendergast counts too, but I'm thinking about the ship). I was sure Daedalus was going to get it in Lost Tribe, but at the last minutes, it was saved. Could be a teaser maybe? Daedalus being destroyed would leave a massive impact without any major plot effects to the show.
          When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
          Zatnikitelman

Comment

I Hope Its Not Ronon, He's One Of The Best Characters.
            Keep Him In And Kill Ummmmm.... Woolsey !
            Altought That Wouldn't Be A Big Draw Back As He Has Only Been IN It For Like 10 Or 11 Ep's

Keep Ronon In

Lynx

Comment

Originally posted by ponycake View Post
              Spoiler:
              In the picture he also looks to be wearing hospital scrubs. Maybe they drag him out to the balcony so he can look on at McKeller smooching one more time until he decides to tumble over the balcony to his demise and get eaten by space whales to end his suffering?
              I would do it to end my misery. Ronon, I'll wait for ya buddy.

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
              I'm going for Zelenka (my favourite character) because

1) He's a firm favourite with all the fans
              2) TPTW have an intense dislike for any character who's loved by the fan's
              3) He's more popular than their Beloved Jennifer and no-one is allowed to be more popular than Beloved Jennifer
              4) The outcry that will follow the killing of Radek will allow them to feel smug, in some weirdly perverted way that I've yet to fathom. They seem to delight in fan outrage, it's the only explaination or it's attention seeking
              Spot-on. I predict smug feelings as well. (See: Gero after Sunday.)

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

Spot-on. I predict smug feelings as well. (See: Gero after Sunday.)
                Or Gero in the commentary for Trio regarding all the characters actually hating Radek. Um...because it was a hilarious inside joke for the writers on the fans knocking over a favourite character?! Yeah, you could be right then about Radek getting the chop.

Sometimes I wonder if the writers even like the characters/show. Or maybe it's just the audience they're not fond of.

Comment

Or maybe they're able to separate fiction and reality, and realise that what makes a good character has nothing to do with how much you like them...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    Or maybe they're able to separate fiction and reality, and realise that what makes a good character has nothing to do with how much you like them...
                    Well, that is why I used the term characters which does signal that they're a fictional creation. I really don't think that I was suggesting that they were real people, just that I'm not sure about the writers motivations are sometimes. You don't have to consider your characters likeable, but I would think that as a writer you should at least understand them and hopefully be a fan of your own work.

The revelation in Trio regarding Radek didn't lead any where plotwise etc, it was just suddenly thrown in that a character that had previously been well liked by fans, and supposedly by the other characters going by past shows, was apparently dislikable and a weirdo to boot, and then dropped and never referenced again. That's not good characterisation, that's undermining your own creations and all apparently for an inside joke for the writers to laugh at.

Comment

Well, that is why I used the term characters which does signal that they're a fictional creation. I really don't think that I was suggesting that they were real people, just that I'm not sure about the writers motivations are sometimes. You don't have to consider your characters likeable, but I would think that as a writer you should at least understand them and hopefully be a fan of your own work.

The revelation in Trio regarding Radek didn't lead any where plotwise etc, it was just suddenly thrown in that a character that had previously been well liked by fans, and supposedly by the other characters going by past shows, was apparently dislikable and a weirdo to boot, and then dropped and never referenced again. That's not good characterisation, that's undermining your own creations and all apparently for an inside joke for the writers to laugh at.
                      Actually the wierdo thing had been hinted at on a few occasions, they just never really pushed the envelope. The "You are the loop" comment springs to mind...

Comment

Sometimes I wonder if the writers even like the characters/show. Or maybe it's just the audience they're not fond of.
                        Yes, it's like laughing at the people for whom they create it's fun.

Of course, they may be creating for themselves not us, the audience, but considering their line of work it would be just too weird.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          Actually the wierdo thing had been hinted at on a few occasions, they just never really pushed the envelope. The "You are the loop" comment springs to mind...
                          There's a difference between being a lovable but eccentric scientist, to someone who is disliked by their workmates and sexually harasses them.

Passive aggressive jibes is also a comment that springs to mind. We have a difference of opinion, no need for it.

Comment

There's a difference between being a lovable but eccentric scientist, to someone who is disliked by their workmates and sexually harasses them.

Passive aggressive jibes is also a comment that springs to mind. We have a difference of opinion, no need for it.
                            To be fair, there was only McKay who said he didn't like him, eccentric was actually the word Keller used to describe him, and telling someone their hair smells nice is hardly sexual harassment. He's just a bit weird, and the writers wanted to expand on that, it's nice that characters have these little quirks, makes them more real.

Comment

My vote is Lorne. He is the most likely to bite the bullet so to speak. Though it also could be Caldwell or Ellis if one of our ships bites the dust.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

All I know is, I will probably be upset no matter who ends up dying.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X