This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Never mind... just continue with the thread... we're going around in circles otherwise.
    Lol agreed

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
      I'm liking Season 5 very much also.

Only seven eps left.
      Yes, its sad that they cancel Atlantis after its best season
      Hopefully the movies are good

Comment

It's never my fault, I swear. *adjusts halo*
        uh huh
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
          Yes, its sad that they cancel Atlantis after its best season
          Hopefully the movies are good
          I hope the movies are good but if the're anything like season 5 then I won't be tuning in.... just wondering what you find so good about season 5 and why you think it's the best season.
          sigpic

Comment

It's never my fault, I swear. *adjusts halo*
            FH, there reality and there is fantasy. Your in the latter
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
              I hope the movies are good but if the're anything like season 5 then I won't be tuning in.... just wondering what you find so good about season 5 and why you think it's the best season.
              I think the episodes of this season have been at their best
              I have loved every single one of them
              I dont even mind about the McKay Keller relationship
              But to say that, the one thing I havent liked this season is Weirs ending. Ghost in the Machine just didnt end her storyline for me and anyway, I didnt like the ending lol
              I do believe that Season 5 is the best season but Seasons 1 and 4 are particularly close and are my second favourite seasons

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                FH, there reality and there is fantasy. Your in the latter
                And I try so hard.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

For me personally, I think Atlantis's hey day were seasons 1, 2 and 3. Although there were some good episodes in season 4 and 5, the stories were better in the first 3 seasons. Once Weir was gone the show just hasn't been as good. I still watch and enjoy very much, and will miss Atlantis very much once it is finished.

But I can't help feeling a little dissapointed with the last 2 seasons of Atlantis. That is just my feeling.

Comment

Let's see if I can be brief. Ha! Disclaimer: these are my opinions only.
                    I have loved or liked a few of the episodes - S&R, The Seed, BT, TDV, GitM and Whispers. As has already been said, there were a couple of iffy moments in each, but I thought that such a strong start, we were in for a fabulous season. There were even some good team moments in several!

I liked some parts of The Shrine, but found the need to fall back on a babbling McKay, even if it was because of, well, what happened, to be repetitive.
                    Spoiler:
                    McKay having a near fatal brain fart for the third time is two too many times. (Duet - two heads are not necessarily better than one. Tao of Rodney - having a brain the size of a planet is not all its cracked up to be. The Shrine - having a second childhood is not as fun as we thought.)
                    Heaven forbid TPTB don't decide that a fourth time at the well is a good idea for the movie! Yikes!

And, the need to have McKay babbling on for the umpteenth time is beyond boring to me. I love the character, but, please, give it a rest! TPTB seem to go to that instead of bothering to write story or a line or two for the other characters all too often. Same thing in Tracker -
                    Spoiler:
                    oh, let me count how many ways we can kidnap Keller, because once isn't enough
                    - and TLT. Couldn't a line or two be written for Teyla and Ronon instead of McKay babbling on at empty suits?. We all know they love to write for McKay, but trying to broaden one's horizons might be nice.

Speaking of other characters, I see Teyla and Ronon, but they are not children, they can be seen and HEARD! I am given to believe the actors are quite good at learning and delivering lines, too. Even Sheppard/JF could use a story that gave him something to do beyond looking ridiculously gorgeous. Er, sorry.

Inquisition
                    Spoiler:
                    Now, I know Inquisition had a lot of Sheppard, but it was one of the worst clip shows I have ever seen. I've been a TV watcher for a very long time, and I've seen a lot of clip shows. Letters From Pegasus was much better. the clips supported the story. Inquisition looked like everyone was to busy to write an actual story, so they threw a few lines together to connect a whole slew of very long clips. This should have been a great, dramatic story, bringing home to our heros the heavy and tragic toll their presence in Pegasus has taken. Then it should have explored the good they have done and the progress that has been made. For all the planning that went into putting the team on trial, to have a 3 judge court representing a growing coalition with one member so completely biased, and the other two not seeming to know it? Give me a break. It could have been so good. Instead, it was blah. Not meh, blah. I'm so sad about that.

Outsiders
                    Spoiler:
                    I shouldn't even mention Outsiders. That was so full of holes I was wondering who the heck wrote it. It was messy and the characters were out of character, the dialogue was dreadful and what the heck was Carson doing packing up all of his equipment and having a good ol' chat with Rodney when they knew the Wraith were supposed to arrive en masse any second!? Good grief! Blech. Not blah, blech!

Identity & Brain Storm - no real spoilers, but just in case
                    Spoiler:
                    I see in Identity we have Keller getting sick and/or being kidnapped or hijacked or whatever yet again. In Brain Storm, McKeller go to Earth so that Rodney can be all jealous of someone else that threatens his manhood, read intelligence, and then be all juvenile about it. Again. Please don't tell me he has another brain fart.

Prodigal - no real spoilers, but just in case
                    Spoiler:
                    In Prodigal, Teyla gets menaced/threatened/kidnapped (or is that just the kid) by Michael yet again. OMG, is that something we have to look forward to in the movie?! It seems that's the only plot the poor girl can get. Well, it's more than Ronon, I suppose. He only gets to shoot his weapon and run about the place with dreads flying. Mind you, he looks delicious while doing it. However, it would be nice to have a story for him that involves something more.

I'm skeptical about the rest of the episodes. We're getting 3, count 'em 3, storylines in Remnants. How much justice can one do to any with only 43 minutes total screen time? The others, who knows. I only hope that I will be pleasantly surprised.

I love this show, and the franchise so far. I love the characters, actors, the premise, the effects, music, and everyone involved. They've given us some great entertainment. I'm waiting to see what horrors, sorry, delights SGU holds in store for us. I am as heartbroken as one can reasonably be about a TV show over its cancellation. I am even more sad that so much of the last season has been as disappointing as it has been.

Sorry, not brief. I'm a passioante type and you asked. Thanks for letting me vent.
                    Last edited by Lorr; 31 October 2008, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorr View Post

Sorry, not brief. I'm a passioante type and you asked. Thanks for letting me vent.
                      Lol as you said, I asked if people liked Season 5 and you have responded with your views, however large they are

Comment

*sigh* Am I liking Season 5. The short answer no. I think the storylines are weak and uninteresting. Too much screentime has been devoted to the recurring characters (I couldn't give a rats arse about them either) and I hardly seem to see a lot of "substance" from the main characters. When there is, it's the same ole same ole - McKay's constant babble and meaty stories, Ronon shooting and grunting, and Teyla in the background. Don't get me wrong, they all did have some great scenes this season, but not enough. Then again, maybe I just miss the whole team dynamic we had in earlier seasons and seems to be sorely lacking in S5.

But what's really telling that I'm not liking S5....if I'm not around to tune in for a new episode on Fridays, it doesn't bother me in the least. And I never missed an episode! And well, when I heard Atlantis was cancelled, I was actually relieved it was ending. *ducks rotten fruit*
                        sigpic

Comment

Generally I like season 5. SGA is the best show ever for me and as long as I have Sheppard and McKay I can overlook more bad things than in other shows.

I wouldn't say it's the best season (but the last ). I don't know which season I like the most, they are all different. It happens so much in 20 episodes. Every season has brilliant and bad ones.

The same with season 5. There are episodes I wouldn't have needed. And one or two (till now) I probably won't watch again - very often. On the other hand there are fantastic eps - definitely among the best ones ever. I always like it when they show character development and a deeper interaction between the characters.

And than there is the one romance storyline I just can't stand. I hope this won't ruin the last episodes for me. I just want to enjoy watching them.
                          sigpic

Comment

I like S5 but not as much as I liked Seasons 1-3. I watch an episode and forget it, I can´t remember what were the previous episodes about. I remember only The Shrine which was one of the best for me. I miss the old team chemistry - there are no bonds, no emotions, even Sheppard/McKay friendship isn´t what it used to be.
                            But if S5 was S4, which I really hated, then I would probably like it more. There would probably still be no Weir but it would be better with Woolsey than Carter (who wasn´t written very well). So if Woolsey came already in S4, I would be happier....OK, I don´t think I make any sense here....

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I beg to differ Klenotka. You made perfect sense.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

I want to like it I really do as I was such a huge fan of seasons 1-3 and half of season four (the half without Keller ) but I just don't like it. I think the stories are boring and the whole team dynamic that I loved seems non existent this season. And everythings so dark, look back on the episodes so far and they are all in some way or another without light, have they run out of money to light the sets?!

I did like the Shrine (again the bits without Keller) but that is all this season, I just can't get on with it, i've not even bothered to watch the last three episodes i'm just not interested. And the one thing that will stop me from watching the rest of the season? The big no-no and the worst mistake (imo) that they could possibly have done, yep you guessed it MCKELLER. The thought of one of my favourite characters (who I ship elsewhere) getting romantic and lovey dovey with a character I absolutely hate is more than enough to make me switch off i'm afraid.

If you had asked me the same question about season 1 or 3, I wouldn't have found a single bad thing to say about SGA because it really was my favourite show, can't believe it's changed so much from those great seasons.

So no, i'm not liking it!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X