X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
    Finally! Someone who agrees with me on Season 5 Lol
    Why didnt you like Whispers? I thought it was quite good but not as good as others (Like First Contact and Lost Tribe)

Also, Welcome to the forum
    Always nice to see new members
    I agree with your views on the people here
    I don't know, maybe I wasn't in the right mood but it looked weird to me. I mean the scary, horror parts of the episode.
    They aren't the best in horror businnes, they're the best in the sci-fi gender. I mean they are the best

And thank You for Your warm welcome!!!

sigpic

Comment

The main focus of season 5 I think is the growing relationship between Keller and McKay and the whole cure for the Wraith.
      Yep, but I strongly dislike romantic shows (or I should say they bore me to death). Anyway, both their relationship and the wraith DNA alteration were only very minor parts of episodes which were, themselves, focused on some other story.

I also have to agree with Bluealien that McKay has been used alot this season.
      Teyla is slowly disappearing I think, from being the main focus in end of Season 4 - Beginning of Season 5. She played an important role in The Queen also but has slowly disappeared.
      I agree with that too: I miss the team. While I don't necessarily dislike episodes without the complete team, if there are too many of them, it diminishes the overall interest of the season for me (same with standalones).
      My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
      Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
        I agree with that too: I miss the team. While I don't necessarily dislike episodes without the complete team, if there are too many of them, it diminishes the overall interest of the season for me (same with standalones).
        I am also missing episodes with the whole team together.
        I think there have only been 3 - 4 team focused episodes this season
        Those being Search and Rescue, The Daedalus Variations, Outsiders and Inquisition. Dunno whether The Queen counts because that was Teyla focused but had the team in some bits.
        Looks like there might only be 1 or 2 more team based episodes
        These being Infection and Enemy At The Gate
        Last edited by Teddybrown; 28 October 2008, 02:46 PM.

Comment

I thought all the ones you just mentioned were good
          The Shrine, Tracker, The Lost Tribe were all very good and even Inquisition, which was a clip show was good
          Ghost in the Machine was good, even though i didnt really like the ending.
          The rest of the seasons episodes sound good to
          Well let's just say McKay and especially Keller are my least favourite characters on the show so that might explain why I didn't like The shrine or tracker Plus the fact that Teyla's my favourite character on the show and she's slowly doing the disappearing act

Plus the fact the team are getting split up far too often and this love triangle from hell and now we've got to look forward to McPuker for most of the season that's left

The stargate I once knew and loved seems to have gone bye bye

Oh and I was really pissed that Teyla was nothing more than a babysitter in The lost tribe which put me right off that ep

Ghost in the machine was just boring to me
          sigpic

Comment

I have to confess - I haven't watched since Tracker. I was pretty excited about the season right before the cancellation. Loved Woolsey, was relieved Carter was gone, they seemed to be doing more with the team and with Teyla, and I saw a lot of great possibilities for the season. But since The Shrine, everything seemed to go downhill. And now in retrospect some of those earlier episodes don't even look so shiny. For example, I still adore large portions of The Shrine, largely because it's the only significant John & Rodney interaction we seem to have gotten this season, but there's quite a bit of that same episode that really disturbs me as well.

Part of it is the continual disappointment I think - having some great storyline possibilities out there and continually being let down. Part of it is that my main reason for watching was the John & Rodney relationship, and the writers don't seem to be interested in spending much time there anymore. Not to mention the team itself is continually being split apart. And part of it is that I don't even feel like I recognize half the characters anymore.

Spoilers for aired and future episodes of S5:
            Spoiler:
            Ronon and his caveman act is really getting on my nerves this season, and I loved him in S4. Teyla seems to have lost all her Wraith abilities and sparring skills - she might as well be any soldier on John's team now (The Queen was a HUGE disappointment, and I was really hoping to get more insight on her personal life and Athosian background with Kanaan and the baby in the picture - no such luck). And I can't figure out what's going on with John. He seems to be....drifting, somehow. I can't figure out how to explain it. Oh and there's Carson. I love Carson, and I was all for him coming back back in Kindred 2, but now - I really wish they hadn't brought him back. Be careful what you wish for I guess. Reminds me of the Weir arc. Anyway.

Anyway. That's where I am. My Unbox subscription keeps faithfully downloading the episodes to my computer, and I keep lurking around the episode threads hoping to find something to rekindle my interest in the show, but so far I'm only picking up on stuff that drives me further away. The Mensa comment (which I probably wouldn't have paid any attention to if I hadn't seen MG's commentary on the S4 missing scenes). The "new" aliens. Teyla's vanishing wraith sensing skills. And the apparent disaster that was Inquisition. And I'm not seeing a lot to excite me in the upcoming episodes. My last real hope is for Prodigal. If Teyla doesn't come out fighting and ends up playing damsel in distress again to be rescued by John or Ronon...well, I think that will probably be the end of it for me. I didn't think I'd quit before the end, but....
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
              Well let's just say McKay and especially Keller are my least favourite characters on the show
              I dont really see what everyone doesnt like about Keller. I think shes alright but like Carson better
              I think McKays around my middle point for a character, I dont hate him and I dont think hes brilliant. He has some funny moments but all these episodes hes had are geting quite boring. I still like him though and like his presence on the show

this love triangle from hell and now we've got to look forward to McPuker for most of the season that's left
              Not really...
              Theres only Brain Storm that looks like a McKay Keller episode.
              Maybe a bit in Infection, Identity and Enemy At The Gate but i dont think it will be too much

Comment

Don't like it. Lots of wasted potential, lazy writing, and disappointing character behavior. I've given up defending the characters' and the writing for myself to make sense of it all; working out ways so that that the good guys are doing good things.

The only two characters who still look good in my eyes are Todd and Woolsey. Well, not so much Woolsey after Inquisition, but he was competent. Competence is good.

Comment

Finally! Someone who agrees with me on Season 5 Lol
                  There's a whole thread out there that will agree with you, if that's what you're looking for.

Otherwise, you'll have to get it through your skull that people will disagree with you on this.

I consider season 4 and 5 a different show than what season 1 to 3 was, kinda like SG1 became Command (in a way) in season 9 and 10.

My favorite character was killed in season 4, my second favorite character is relegated to wallpaper-material 3/4th of the time and my third favorite has vanished into space.

Season 5 may have had potential but it's worse than season 4 so far - and I didn't like 4. I've seen up to First Contact, and from what I can remember I thought Search & Rescue was okay, The Shrine was semi-okay. The Hewlett siblings saved it somewhat but even then I thought it was "again McKay". What else - GiTM was a shame and a wasted potential, even though I kinda liked it. The Queen, kinda liked it, but again wasted potential. Teyla was nothing more than a plotdevice instead of an actual character. Whispers - for what it was worth, it was fun to see Christina again after Blood Ties, and Dusty made me grin a few times.
                  Oh yeah, and I thought FS was dumb, dumb, dumb...

I can't even remember half of what happened - Ask me anything from episode titles to summaries to details of the first three seasons, and I know. Season 4 and 5 aren't that memorable, I'm afraid.

The only reason I'm sticking it out to the end is because of my stupid research (counting screentime and words of all regulars - yes, I'm that insane).
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It's funny, because I'm member of the hungarian stargate fan forum, and everyone, okay almost everyone not just like, but love the final season of SGA. And those people are judging... I mean in a good way, I love them!

sigpic

Comment

I liked season one, but for me SGA clicked when they introduced Ronon and the team finally found it's feet with him, Teyla, John and Rodney and I loved the supporting characters that supplemented the stories. But with season five we seem lucky to get a team episode, and even when there is one you're much more likely to get two of the team members together talking than all four of them. Teyla and Ronon seem to be proping up walls in the background and there's little or no interaction any more. Radek, Lorne, Caldwell et al seem to have virtually disappeared.

The only real arc or character development across the season seems to be focused entirely on the McKeller romance (I'm not even sure what was with the supposed 'triangle' that stuttered then fell over, it just served to make Ronon look like an idiot and reinforced Keller's Mary Sue status - McKay just seems destined to become 'kinder and gentler' aka boring) and between that and upcoming spoilers the reasons why I tuned in have gone.

I want my team back, and the only way it looks like that will be happening is by rewatching older seasons. So do I like Season Five? It managed to accomplish the one thing that I didn't think was possible - turning off the tv.

Comment

Personally, I am enjoying Season 5 very much so far. I think it has been a very strong season thus far.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well this may come from a surprise from me. Season 5 has not met all my expectations. I think this season is excellent don't get me wrong, but it had not yet captured the magic of Season 4. To me Season 4 had an excellent Season premiere, mid-season episode, and an excellent season finale. It also took more risks with the characters and really made some of them shine. The stand alone eps were above my expectations like "Midway" and "Doppleganger". Season 5 has had some really great eps so far like "Ghost in the Machine", "Deadalus Variations", "The Queen", "The Shrine", "The Lost Tribe", and "First Contract". I also loved "Outsiders" which doesn't seem to be a favorite here to the fans, a little appalled by that but whatever it's my opinion which matters to me the most.

Some issues with this season.

Whispers put me in a denial phase that it was a good episode. This episode was a nightmare and no not the one they were trying to make. One of my favoriter characters who returned from the dead was not utilized to his potential and it almost felt like a waste to even have him there. They did a piss poor job of trying to pair up Sheppard and Carson. There was more chemisty with Sheppard and Carson during "The Kindred".

Inquisition was very below par for a clip show. I think Woolsey saved that episode from becoming one of the "Irr" eps.

Season 4 into 5 came in like a lion but then became a lamb right away. We went from a Michael story arc into "The Seed". Not a bad episode, but when you compare it to last season's "Lifeline" I mean come on now. I am still bothering Darren for not rating that ep a 4 star GW rating.

The two characters that really shined last season were ones exiting or just returning from being a main cast member. Gotta say that Torri Higginson truly delivered in her final eps of Atlantis, which really dissapointed me that she was not in "Ghost in the Machine". If it was Torri playing Weir in that episode, the drama would of been 100x over. Michelle Morgan did a fantastic job but no offense, she did not play Elizabeth Weir for 3+ years. I think Torri should of stayed on as a recurring character like Carson, but can't have everything

Michael was in 4 consecutive episodes. The first 3 he was amazing and he was this all powerful enemy gaining the upperhand. Search and Rescue they seemed to make him powerless and dumbed him down. I really hope "Prodigal" delivers.

I am not a big Keller fan, but she does not ruin the show for me at all. I think Carson will always be the best CMO of Atlantis.

Some highlights of the season.

The mid-season two parter was just amazing, and it sucks that we get spoiled for such an amazing revelation. Oh well such is life on an internet forum.

Has had some of the best stand alone eps like "The Shrine", "Daedalus Variations", and "Ghost in the Machine"

Outsiders showed some classic signs of two characters from back in the early days and it developed one of the characters very well while still keeping his personality alive.

Carson finally showed his true self this season. Although The Seed he did have a great performance, it was just not the best episode I've seen.

I have high expectations for the next episode, Remnants, Infection, Identity, and the Series finale. So hopefully these eps can make this season my favorite season, right now Season 4 has the gold.
                          Last edited by Briangate78; 28 October 2008, 06:59 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

The only two characters who still look good in my eyes are Todd and Woolsey. Well, not so much Woolsey after Inquisition, but he was competent. Competence is good.
                            I think your right in the fact that Todd and Woolsey are really being developed
                            Todd has become more involved this season and Woolsey... when I found out he was the new leader i thought he would be useless, but he has proven to be a very good leader.

I liked season one, but for me SGA clicked when they introduced Ronon and the team finally found it's feet with him, Teyla, John and Rodney and I loved the supporting characters that supplemented the stories. But with season five we seem lucky to get a team episode, and even when there is one you're much more likely to get two of the team members together talking than all four of them. Teyla and Ronon seem to be proping up walls in the background and there's little or no interaction any more. Radek, Lorne, Caldwell et al seem to have virtually disappeared.
                            I agree with you on the fact that when Ronan was introduced, the team finally found its feet. He was a good installment to the team and I have liked him from the start.
                            As I have already said in this thread, I agree with peoples views that team episodes have become a rarety in Season 5, as it has been more focused on Rodney and his feelings for Keller. Correct me if Im wrong, but as I have also said in this thread, there hasnt yet been an episode in Season 5 without Rodney in it, with the exception of Whispers, where he was only in at the beginning and at the end.
                            As I have also said before, Teyla has all but disappeared.
                            I also agree with your views on Radek, Lorne and Caldwell, but Radek has been involved in some episodes (mainly end of First Contact and The Lost Tribe) and I think Lorne is in The Prodigal and Infection.

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            Personally, I am enjoying Season 5 very much so far. I think it has been a very strong season thus far.
                            I agree
                            I think it will continue to be a very strong season

I am not a big Keller fan, but she does not ruin the show for me at all. I think Carson will always be the best CMO of Atlantis.
                            I think Kellers alright as the CMO but I agree that Carson will always be the best
                            Afterall... it was Keller who bought Carson into Season 5 by reawakening him
                            Last edited by Teddybrown; 29 October 2008, 02:53 AM.

Comment

No, I'm not enjoying Season 5 because the writers appear to have run out of steam even though there's still a lot of life left in this series.

I find it frustrating that these writers refuse to tap into the vast well of SGA's potential and instead are content to stay within their boring, same-old, same-old comfort zone. And, their comfort zone is and always has been Rodney.

Yes, SGA used be the Rodney and Sheppard show, but even then Sheppard was short-changed in favor of Rodney and that got old very fast for me. However, at least I got team episodes to hold my interest. Unfortunately, now that the writers have replaced the Rodney and Sheppard Show with the Rodney and Keller Show, the Team has practically disappeared - along with many of the recurring characters that I love.

It's become tiresome to see storyline after storyline crafted around Rodney (and Keller) this season. Especially, when after more than 4 years, we already know much more about him than we do about all the other characters combined (except for Keller, of course).

What happened to Teyla's arc? The arc that wasn't from last season that was supposed to be fully realized this season - at least according to Joe M. And, poor Ronon, subjected to being part of a triangle that never really existed - why? To give more screentime to Keller?

Although this season began with one of the best episodes (Search and Rescue) in the entire series, it's been a mixed bag since then and, based on spoilers for some of the remaining episodes, I'm losing hope that SGA will end on a high note. I hope I'm wrong.

When I first heard about SGA's cancellation I was gutted, but now, not so much. With each new disappointment, I begin to realize that with the current writing staff this is all we'll ever get. What a shame.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                                No, I'm not enjoying Season 5 because the writers appear to have run out of steam even though there's still a lot of life left in this series.

I find it frustrating that these writers refuse to tap into the vast well of SGA's potential and instead are content to stay within their boring, same-old, same-old comfort zone. And, their comfort zone is and always has been Rodney.

Yes, SGA used be the Rodney and Sheppard show, but even then Sheppard was short-changed in favor of Rodney and that got old very fast for me. However, at least I got team episodes to hold my interest. Unfortunately, now that the writers have replaced the Rodney and Sheppard Show with the Rodney and Keller Show, the Team has practically disappeared - along with many of the recurring characters that I love.

It's become tiresome to see storyline after storyline crafted around Rodney (and Keller) this season. Especially, when after more than 4 years, we already know much more about him than we do about all the other characters combined (except for Keller, of course).

What happened to Teyla's arc? The arc that wasn't from last season that was supposed to be fully realized this season - at least according to Joe M. And, poor Ronon, subjected to being part of a triangle that never really existed - why? To give more screentime to Keller?

Although this season began with one of the best episodes (Search and Rescue) in the entire series, it's been a mixed bag since then and, based on spoilers for some of the remaining episodes, I'm losing hope that SGA will end on a high note. I hope I'm wrong.

When I first heard about SGA's cancellation I was gutted, but now, not so much. With each new disappointment, I begin to realize that with the current writing staff this is all we'll ever get. What a shame.
                                I won't say much, other than to completely agree with Maxbo.
                                I am pretty sad to see the things I love about Atlantis dissapating with each episode.
                                The Sheppard and McKay Show was great. The McKay and Keller Show, not so much.
                                Darn it all to heck, and I LOVE this show.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X