Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do people say Season 1 and 3 are better because it was a different cast? I am confused.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      Do people say Season 1 and 3 are better because it was a different cast? I am confused.
      That is part of it yes, no Keller for a start! (my biggest issue) And we had Beckett and Weir aswell (although I do like Woolsey). They just had a different feel to them also.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elliecat View Post
        That is part of it yes, no Keller for a start! (my biggest issue) And we had Beckett and Weir aswell (although I do like Woolsey). They just had a different feel to them also.
        I am not crazy about Keller, and prefer Carson as CMO. Oh and Woolsey is awesome!
        sigpic

Comment

I am not crazy about Keller, and prefer Carson as CMO. Oh and Woolsey is awesome!
          He is awsome!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elliecat View Post
            He is awsome!
            I second you there
            I thought he wouldnt be very good when i first heard he was coming to the show but hes been really good

Comment

I think that's an important point. I can live with Ronon instead of Ford. Althought I would have liked it if they had explored the story with Ford after his Wraith incident.

But I still be sad about Weir and Beckett. They were likable characters and had an interesting chemestry with Sheppard's team. It's not the same with the new Carson. Not because he is a clone. He's just not an important part any longer.

I don't like the Keller character at all. I didn't care for Carter. Woolsey is o.k.

So yes, consider these points, seasons 1 - 3 are better.

I like the parts of season 4 and 5 when they show emotions and feelings (of any kind) between the characters. In a way for me those scenes have more depth than in season 1 - 3.
              sigpic

Comment

I like Keller but I miss Elizabeth. But if Woolsey came in S4, I would be happy. He is really good and S4 might have been very different. But still, yes, it´s because the chemistry was broken with arrival of some new cast members and it´s not what it used to be.
                Where are jokes between John and Rodney? Where is the team feeling? Now, it´s just four people sitting in the Jumper - something hits them, Sheppard yells at McKay: "Make a miracle, fix it" and McKay says: "I can´t!", Sheppard yells again, Teyla says something incredibly smart and McKay then fixes it and...that´s all. I saw it in many episodes since the end of S3. The same pattern - they are just four people who have to work together, not people who would give a life for each other. Even when there are bright places (The Shrine...First-S5-episode-don´t-remember-title...) I don´t think it will be ever the same.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                  Lol
                  I see why you wont be watching it
                  You obviously hate the Keller McKay relationship
                  My little rant was for people who are not going to watch it because they have prejudged it as awful just because they are in it
                  I understand that some people are not going to watch it because they do not like the McKay Keller relationship
                  I won't watch it because I can't stand MCKAY!!!!! he is the reason I feel season 5 has gone downhill... that whining rat is EVERYWHERE!!!!! I enjoy team eps, but it has been "Mckay and the rest" this season! I enjoyed tracker, wanted daniel to pop mckay upside the head in FC & TLT (i always enjoy Daniel! ) and am dreading BS (oh and that ep will be such bs! ) and Infection (the idea of mckay looking sappy at poor Jennifer gags me!), I hope this week's prodigal will give us a proactive teyla. We shall seee how the rest go. but thus far it isn't my favorite season (s4 was, followed by s2) but not the worst either. that honor is reserved for S1... waaaay too much mckay there. He totally turned me off the show after the first four eps. I have only recently watched the rest of that season.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                    And ghost in the machine and The shrine and Tracker and The lost tribe and Inquisition

And remember the season ain't over yet so they'll more than likely be more

All JMHO mind you
                    Hmmm all the eps with Keller I wonder why you didn't like those.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I'm loving season 5 so far and the scifi promos of "Best Season Ever" I'll have to agree with that. Personally ever season has improved over the last and season 1 was a great freshman season and season 2 while good was a step down from season 1 and then they upped the ante in season three and that became the best season until season 4 and season 4 surpassed season 3 and season continued that quality. Season 5 has indeed been the best season and I am sad that it was canceled.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                        Hmmm all the eps with Keller I wonder why you didn't like those.
                        Am I that transparent But take a closer look, there's one ep there that Keller wasn't in
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm loving season 5 so far and the scifi promos of "Best Season Ever" I'll have to agree with that. Personally ever season has improved over the last and season 1 was a great freshman season and season 2 while good was a step down from season 1 and then they upped the ante in season three and that became the best season until season 4 and season 4 surpassed season 3 and season continued that quality. Season 5 has indeed been the best season and I am sad that it was canceled.
                          I totally agree with you

Comment

Am I that transparent But take a closer look, there's one ep there that Keller wasn't in
                            Yeah GITM a great ep though IMO.

Comment

Yeah GITM a great ep though IMO.
                              huh, I thought she was in GitM Ok make that two eps then...She wasn't in Inquisition

I just found GitM extremely boring...There wasn't all that much action!
                              sigpic

Comment

huh, I thought she was in GitM Ok make that two eps then...She wasn't in Inquisition I just found GitM extremely boring...There wasn't all that much action!
                                I bet Teyla was involved
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X