Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torren John Emmagen is the "Boy Who Lived"!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    Awesome.

So what does that make Amelia Banks, the new female Gate tech? Winky?

But she's not constantly drunk and/or asleep.
    Well, Lorne doesn't have a face growing out the back of his head, but give it time...

care to do the honours and write it up properly? Make me feel slightly less like a lone saddo...

Well well maybe JKR should sue SGA too
    ...it would probably increase the ratings...
    Last edited by topaz_bean; 29 August 2008, 09:04 AM.
    Science fiction movies are weak just where the science fiction novels are strong - on science. But they can supply something the novels can never provide - sensuous elaboration by means of images and sounds. Science fiction films are not about science. They are about disaster.

The Imagination of Disaster, Susan Sontag

This sig is sponsored by Pegasus Fried Human - The Todd's Choice

Comment

wow, green.

Comment

Originally posted by topaz_bean View Post

care to do the honours and write it up properly? Make me feel slightly less like a lone saddo...
        No can do. I haven't read Harry Potter since last summer after I finished the last book. So it's not really fresh in my mind (the names stick, but that's it).

Comment

Ah.

Well alas, I don't think I know who Amelia Banks is, in that I've heard the name lots of times but don't remember where she actually features. I spose I could just look her up...I had to google to find Dolores Umbridge, after all...I am such a loser...
          Science fiction movies are weak just where the science fiction novels are strong - on science. But they can supply something the novels can never provide - sensuous elaboration by means of images and sounds. Science fiction films are not about science. They are about disaster.

Comment

Ah.

Well alas, I don't think I know who Amelia Banks is, in that I've heard the name lots of times but don't remember where she actually features. I spose I could just look her up...I had to google to find Dolores Umbridge, after all...I am such a loser...
            she's the new gate technician
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Hah. Mm. Still nothing. Will Omnipedia then try and think of something witty to say about her despite my knackeredness.

Comment

Hah. Mm. Still nothing. Will Omnipedia then try and think of something witty to say about her despite my knackeredness.

Another introduction of sorts and one that’s long overdue. Sharon Taylor plays one of our gate technicians on Stargate: Atlantis. She first caught our eye playing the role of a replicator in the episode Lifeline. She had such a unique look that we brought her back as a real, flesh and blood member of the expedition. A line here, a line there, and then it was only a matter of time before something else struck us about Sharon. She’s damn good. We continued to bring her back, increased her face-time, and, as a true indication that she had really made it, finally gave her character a name: Amelia Banks. And the fact that Sharon is a black belt kick boxer and could probably kick all of our asses had nothing to do with it.
                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ke-and-whores/
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Ah. Yeah I've read that news report as well...darnit! If she has such a unique look how come I have no idea what she looks like? And she's not even on Omnipedia! Argh. Okay. That does it.

Winky - Amelia Banks. Well, she's in the show. She certainly has appeared on screen. In fact, you could go so far as to say, she exists. Winky gets really really drunk on non-alcoholic drinks and is bezzy mates with Dobby, which counts as some form of storyline, which Amelia will probably get. Winky also copes really badly with being granted freedom from slavery, so there's some characterisation that I will artificially plonk onto Amelia and say, if she was ever liberated from a lifetime of servitude, she'd probably react just as badly. Also she's a technician so that works with Chuck and the whole house elf theme we've got going here. Clearly integral to the entire saga and the very fate of the universe. The basis of this entire thread revolves more or less around her. Exactly like Winky in every way.

Okay...so a little bitter maybe. I will make it better tomorrow, promise.

Comment

Have you seen The Shrine yet? She's in that.

Spoiler:
                    She was the technician Woolsey talks to, unnecessarily, about having time (or not) for breakfast near the beginning.

Comment

Aw man, I do remember that! Now I might have to re-write that entire gathingummy on Winky...

Comment

Working...
                      X