Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torren John Emmagen is the "Boy Who Lived"!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After reading this, I really did laugh out loud. Green for you! The first time I heard Sheppard call the wraith Todd, I really did have a mental image of The Todd from Scrubs in my head..
    Well done!!

Shep 'Home' sig made by Luciana! (I made the rest.)

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by diane23 View Post
      After reading this, I really did laugh out loud. Green for you! The first time I heard Sheppard call the wraith Todd, I really did have a mental image of The Todd from Scrubs in my head..
      Well done!!
      You too!
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by diane23 View Post
        Well done!!
        Amazing. We'll have to start a cult of the Todd. Put the secret handshake into your sig - identify fellow members
        Science fiction movies are weak just where the science fiction novels are strong - on science. But they can supply something the novels can never provide - sensuous elaboration by means of images and sounds. Science fiction films are not about science. They are about disaster.

The Imagination of Disaster, Susan Sontag

This sig is sponsored by Pegasus Fried Human - The Todd's Choice

Comment

LOL! Live-suck five! Love it!!

Shep 'Home' sig made by Luciana! (I made the rest.)

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix

Comment

I'm too lazy to take each one of your paragraphs and say "wrong" and then say why, so I'm just going to say that you are reaching way too far, if you take any story at all and interpret it like you did it will sound like Harry Potter.

HP is not the only story with a child savior.

Saying it's OMG COMPLETELY BASED ON HARRY POTTER is just utter nonsense, dude.
            My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Maybe you should read some of the thread instead? It's not saying that Atlantis is based on/ripped off HP; it's just pointing out some fun parallels. Some of which are quite creepy on how similar they are. Quite creepy.

Comment

Damm now i got the urge to rewatch all the movies.
                But your theorie made too much sense it isn't natural.
                Somebody should ask if the writers are harry potter fans since that would explain a few things

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
                  I'm too lazy to take each one of your paragraphs and say "wrong" and then say why.
                  Oh but I really think you should. It would be fascinating and educational
                  Science fiction movies are weak just where the science fiction novels are strong - on science. But they can supply something the novels can never provide - sensuous elaboration by means of images and sounds. Science fiction films are not about science. They are about disaster.

Comment

So yes, I still have it on the brain. Call me a loser.

New addition:

Jeanie Miller - Mrs Weasley. Tough, efficient, occasionally overbearing and a dab hand at making men (particularly relatives) look like big silly moos/headless chickens/other animal analogies. A star in any crisis. She has an ever-increasing brood of kiddies, one of which will undoubtedly prove the gurning, slapstick sidekick to our boy hero. Okay, so Mrs Weasley isn't related to Lupin and the Harry Potter family tree is officially falling apart now. Tough. She's just going to have to leave her boring husband and shack up with Zelenka, much to Mckay's delight, no doubt.

Comment

Chuck the gateroom guy- Neville Longbottom. Not particulary skilled in anything, but is loyal and is there when you need him. Might be bit of a stretch,
                      sigpic

Comment

Granted Chuck looks like he's about 12, but still a bit old for Neville by our reckoning, given that Torren/Harry's all of 2 months.

Comment

Comment

That is truly terrifying...

Additions:

Professor Quirrell - Major Lorne. This poor bloke hasn't had many chances to shine, playing second fiddle as he does to the running gunning superstar that is Colonel John Sheppard. No doubt enraged and embittered by the constant thunder-stealing, he is destined to run off into the nether regions of the pegasus galaxy in search off a decent storyline. Unfortunately, this plan is bound to backfire, with the unpleasant consequence that he will return with Michael growing out of the back of his head and a really irritating stutter.

Dolores Umbridge - The Chinese woman from the IOA. Ignoring my absolute laziness and failure to look up her real name, this one is so right it's wrong. Okay, so for now she's beautiful, sultry, charming, sophisticated, educated and rational. But give it a few years and she'll be simpering, overweight and will have developed a disturbing penchant for kitten-themed crockery and petty bureacracy. Once the promoted Woolsey gives her the stewardship of Atlantis, her long experience working for an ambitious and oppressive dictatorship leaves her in prime position to suck out all initiative and compassion from Atlantis' operations, thereby playing right into the hands of Michael's nefarious schemes...

Dobby the house elf - Chuck the technician. One of the only general staff to have raised his head far enough above the parapet to get any attention at all. Clearly, he has ambitions above his station. Always the one to do the talking and carry important info to the upstairs folk, he probably isn't very popular with the other underlings, but he harbours a dream to play hero that may one day be fulfilled...
                            Last edited by topaz_bean; 28 August 2008, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Awesome.

So what does that make Amelia Banks, the new female Gate tech? Winky?

But she's not constantly drunk and/or asleep.

Comment

Well well maybe JKR should sue SGA too

Comment

Working...
                                X