This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
    Well even I predicted that but with an even smaller margin of error...1.2-1.4.

I was even more optimistic than Darren over there with his 1.1.

I don't see The Seed getting a higher live rating than S&R considering the preview for that one.
    Even with Carson Beckett in the promo? I think that might strike an interest. The Kindred pulled a 1.2 and 1.3!

Anyway a better start from Season 4, even if it dips it will dip from a higher plateau.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc View Post
      It is a bit difficult to compare Live same day ratings for the seasons 4 and 5 premieres, given that they aired at different times of the year (september versus july). I think the Live +7 should be interesting here. Do you remember what the Live +7 ratings were for the season 4 premiere?

The Live same day ratings may go down next week, as Monk begins, but it will be interesting to see the Live + 7 over the next few weeks.

The mid-season finale usually does a bit better than many of the episodes, along with the premiere and finale.
      Well I can tell you that the last half of Season 4 was averaging an additional 400,000 to 500,000 time shifting viewers. "The Last man" had 2.1 Million for live and 2.6 Million for Live + 7, which converted a 1.5 to a 1.8 HH rating.

I can see the 1.3 easily becoming a 1.5 for total numbers but also stretching to a 1.6 HH rating with around 2.3 Million viewers total.

Edit, I am also looking at some of the age demos. They were up 9% in the 25 to 54 category, that is HUGE!! See what i mean about the numbers within the ratings point meaning something?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        Even with Carson Beckett in the promo? I think that might strike an interest. The Kindred pulled a 1.2 and 1.3!

Anyway a better start from Season 4, even if it dips it will dip from a higher plateau.
        Which is not higher than S&R.

Oh he will definitely be the reason I will be watching but not for everyone.

I'm glad S&R did fairly well. It may dip next week, but I doubt it will trend downward.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
          401 Adrift -> 1.41, 2 million viewers (live +7)
          S&R should blow that number out of the water if the DVR stayed consistant from Season 4.5!
          sigpic

Comment

1,3? If this could be the average, than I will be happy. But I fear the next episodes will reach smaller rating.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Edit, I am also looking at some of the age demos. They were up 9% in the 25 to 54 category, that is HUGE!!
              Speaking statistically, saying it is "HUGE" is a bit of an exaggeration. It's "okay". I'd guess anything within +/- 10% is within the margin of error for the sample.

If it were maintained over many episodes, it would be more significant statistically and more worthy of superlatives.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
                Speaking statistically, saying it is "HUGE" is a bit of an exaggeration. It's "okay". I'd guess anything within +/- 10% is within the margin of error for the sample.

If it were maintained over many episodes, it would be more significant statistically and more worthy of superlatives.
                Well the "huge" part was spinning, it still is good when the numbers go up. I am anticipating the Live+7 which I think will be really high.
                sigpic

Comment

Well the "huge" part was spinning, it still is good when the numbers go up. I am anticipating the Live+7 which I think will be really high.
                  Let's put it this way. If the viewers went down by 9% and someone was describing it as a "HUGE decrease", would you agree with them that it was huge?

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
                    Let's put it this way. If the viewers went down by 9% and someone was describing it as a "HUGE decrease", would you agree with them that it was huge?
                    LOL, probably not. That is where spin comes into play. What we got now is pretty much cut and dry. Season 5 is off to a better start than Season 4, will it last? We have to see.
                    sigpic

Comment

S&R should blow that number out of the water if the DVR stayed consistant from Season 4.5!
                      yup

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                      1,3? If this could be the average, than I will be happy. But I fear the next episodes will reach smaller rating.
                      s4.5 averaged a 1.24 for live +sd, it's definitely possible
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I have a question. This I'm sure has been asked so I apologize in advance.

If S&R had 1.8 million viewers.

What does that make the rating? This stuff confuses me to no end.
                        1-800-Iluv-JandT
                        sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Originally posted by elflinn View Post
                          i have a question. This i'm sure has been asked so i apologize in advance.

If s&r had 1.8 million viewers.

What does that make the rating? This stuff confuses me to no end.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post

Thanks, Blue!
                            1-800-Iluv-JandT
                            sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Good news!

Drdledeboer writes: “Pretty good ratings start to SGA s5.”

Answer: Actually, a tad better than reported. It was a 1.35 which would have been a 1.4 and not a 1.3. It’ll be interesting to see the DVR numbers.
                              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...d-the-mailbag/

Comment

I predict this will please Briangate
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X