Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And remember, DVR only contributes to ratings if the DVR user does not fast forward through the commercials. If they do their contribution goes right in the trash.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
      And remember, DVR only contributes to ratings if the DVR user does not fast forward through the commercials. If they do their contribution goes right in the trash.
      Yes and no.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm guessing 0.9. I didn't even know this was on, and had to use... alternative means... to watch it a few days later! Now I don't have a Nielsen Box, so it makes no difference, but comeon. I like Stargate, and there was so little promotion that I thought the season premier was still weeks away. The only reason I ended up realizing that it had aired was because of Gateworld.

I think that the ratings will pick up a few weeks after the airing starts as people realize that it is back on the air.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          Yes and no.
          ...where does the no come in?

Comment

Well, the network likes DVR because it shows a consistant viewing fan base. Basically those who have the season pass are likely to turn in every week rather than a casual viewer.
            sigpic

Comment

Well yes, but my point still stands that if viewers FF through commercials they don't count, season pass or not. That's Nielsen's rule and the networks have to abide by it.

Comment

Search and Rescue earned a 1.3, beat the season 4 premier in every respect, still not very good though imo. Got 1.8 million viewers apparently.

Comment

Not bad, not bad.

Hopefully it'll go up from here (or at least not down).

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    Search and Rescue earned a 1.3, beat the season 4 premier in every respect, still not very good though imo. Got 1.8 million viewers apparently.
                    I am holding my breath for the Live + 7 which will likely give them a 1.6 HH rating! Anyway they were up in LIVE viewers and in key demos. So the chances for Season 6 just went up.
                    sigpic

Comment

I can see The Seed maybe getting a 1.2 or maybe even a 1.1, the trailer didn't look particularly exciting, but I expect better than 1.3 for the mid season finale. Fingers crossed.

Comment

I can see The Seed maybe getting a 1.2 or maybe even a 1.1, the trailer didn't look particularly exciting, but I expect better than 1.3 for the mid season finale. Fingers crossed.
                        Well Season 5 is already off to a better start than Season 4, so there is nothing to really spin there. I knew it was going to fall between a 1.2 and 1.5!

Plus, if the numbers stay above the 1.1 mark that will be good, and if the mid-season like you said bumps up the show, then it will be really good.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well Season 5 is already off to a better start than Season 4, so there is nothing to really spin there. I knew it was going to fall between a 1.2 and 1.5!
                          Well even I predicted that but with an even smaller margin of error...1.2-1.4.

I was even more optimistic than Darren over there with his 1.1.

I don't see The Seed getting a higher live rating than S&R considering the preview for that one.
                          IMO always implied.

Comment

Not as good as it could have been but still good enough. Not worried.......yet.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Plus, if the numbers stay above the 1.1 mark that will be good, and if the mid-season like you said bumps up the show, then it will be really good.

It is a bit difficult to compare Live same day ratings for the seasons 4 and 5 premieres, given that they aired at different times of the year (september versus july). I think the Live +7 should be interesting here. Do you remember what the Live +7 ratings were for the season 4 premiere?

The Live same day ratings may go down next week, as Monk begins, but it will be interesting to see the Live + 7 over the next few weeks.

The mid-season finale usually does a bit better than many of the episodes, along with the premiere and finale.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc View Post
                                It is a bit difficult to compare Live same day ratings for the seasons 4 and 5 premieres, given that they aired at different times of the year (september versus july). I think the Live +7 should be interesting here. Do you remember what the Live +7 ratings were for the season 4 premiere?

The Live same day ratings may go down next week, as Monk begins, but it will be interesting to see the Live + 7 over the next few weeks.

The mid-season finale usually does a bit better than many of the episodes, along with the premiere and finale.
                                401 Adrift -> 1.41, 2 million viewers (live +7)
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X