• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atlantean2005 View Post
    And one guy... me!
    And a Kritter

Comment

TPTB always say "this is gonna be the best season ever!" I mean, what do you expect, that they're gonna say, "Well, it's mostly crap, but there's a couple good eps in there we hope."

As long as Lorne lives, I'll be happy, although even if he doesn't I'm not gonna storm Bridge with a torch and pitchfork. There are plenty of other shows filming in Vancouver and some of them I actually watch!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
        TPTB always say "this is gonna be the best season ever!" I mean, what do you expect, that they're gonna say, "Well, it's mostly crap, but there's a couple good eps in there we hope."
        they do? who and when?
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Mainly I think it's probably Joe, although PG15 would be in a better position to point you to any specific quotes.

Let's see how search works....

In the Joe's blog thread...

Originally posted by wurlitzer153 View Post
          February 20, 2008: Production progress. from Joe's blog:
          From my obviously very different perspective, I feel season four was our best season yet.
          Actually, there are a number of times Joe talks about S4 being the "best season ever" so maybe that's all it was- Joe yapping about one particular season. *shrug* Then again I can only use the search feature on the content here. Could go either way, I suppose.

Comment

Maybe they thinks season 5 is gonna be better than season 4...

and where is that list? I wanna write my name on it!

*Goes looking for list*
            I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              But I would break your legs
              That wouldn't be good.

Now, that would be the day.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Mainly I think it's probably Joe, although PG15 would be in a better position to point you to any specific quotes.

Let's see how search works....

In the Joe's blog thread...

Actually, there are a number of times Joe talks about S4 being the "best season ever" so maybe that's all it was- Joe yapping about one particular season. *shrug* Then again I can only use the search feature on the content here. Could go either way, I suppose.
                you were talking about s5, not s4 AFAIK TBTB have never said that s5 will be the best season ever
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                  you were talking about s5, not s4 AFAIK TBTB have never said that s5 will be the best season ever
                  Yet

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                    Yes, Captain Obvious, I WAS talking about S5. What's your point? I thought- and still think- that "This is [going to be] the best season ever!" is what TPTB- or, for the anal-retentives in the audience, JOE MALLOZZI- says EVERY season. No, as I already said in my previous post, I can't back it up with valid quotes, but it doesn't change my opinion that they say it ever year back to and including SG-1. It's the kind of jingoistic hype producers of shows say all the time. It's probably in the Standard Hollywood Contract: "You will proclaim the current/upcoming season of your show to be the 'best season ever' in order to encourage fans to watch." LOL!

Of course, I'm not one to act as if I'm in some position of authority to know whether or not it has literally been said every season and quite frankly I don't give a damn if it has or not because the vibe is still there, in my opinion, but if masses of fans have a huge bee up their nose about it then maybe I'll endeavor to say "It seems as if the producers say it every year" just to avoid any future OT melodrama, particularly in a thread that is SUPPOSED to be about that hottie, Major Lorne, and his potential place in the upcoming best-or-otherwise season of the show.

And then again, maybe I'll say it anyway and simply ignore future attempts to derail the convo from something fun and yummy.

Lorne being a bigger part of S5 would mean I'd probably have to watch more Atlantis. And let me state for the record that I am in no way trying to claim as fact that he WILL be a bigger part of the upcoming season, and, in fact, I can't even guarantee that IF said hypothetical situation were to be true that I would, in fact, actually watch more of Atlantis. But there's a higher percent chance of me watching a Lorne ep than of me watching a Lorneless one. And again, that's solely MY opinion and I am in no way trying to speak for any other individuals or groups on the matter of the theoretical presence of Lorne to any theoretical increase in the ep-watching ratio. So there.

I love Lorne.

Comment

Yes, Captain Obvious, I WAS talking about S5. What's your point? I thought- and still think- that "This is [going to be] the best season ever!" is what TPTB- or, for the anal-retentives in the audience, JOE MALLOZZI- says EVERY season. No, as I already said in my previous post, I can't back it up with valid quotes, but it doesn't change my opinion that they say it ever year back to and including SG-1. It's the kind of jingoistic hype producers of shows say all the time. It's probably in the Standard Hollywood Contract: "You will proclaim the current/upcoming season of your show to be the 'best season ever' in order to encourage fans to watch." LOL!

Of course, I'm not one to act as if I'm in some position of authority to know whether or not it has literally been said every season and quite frankly I don't give a damn if it has or not because the vibe is still there, in my opinion, but if masses of fans have a huge bee up their nose about it then maybe I'll endeavor to say "It seems as if the producers say it every year" just to avoid any future OT melodrama, particularly in a thread that is SUPPOSED to be about that hottie, Major Lorne, and his potential place in the upcoming best-or-otherwise season of the show.

And then again, maybe I'll say it anyway and simply ignore future attempts to derail the convo from something fun and yummy.
                      what's my point? you just answered your own question well said btw
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X