This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
    Well as jenks said it wasnt built by the government and thats england alone not britain or europe.
    I apologise to the scottish, welsh and northern irish, you are right its only the english that I meant to imply are inept. I never mention the europeans though, so feel no need to apologise to them.

I don't see though how it would add to the story to have 304's run by americas foreign allies, wouldn't it just be for the sake of it. And the suggest name is awful, can't they go with prometheus 2.
    General Hammond "I thought the arm bands were meant to make them stronger, not stupid"

Comment

or how about "The Thor"? It's about time we named a ship after the asgard for a change
      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

The Thor is good, what about naming it after his hammer Mjolnir.
        General Hammond "I thought the arm bands were meant to make them stronger, not stupid"

Comment

I have done anything on Vikings since year 3.... how is that pronounced?

Comment

I think that if the UK does have a 304, it should be named the HMS Margaret Thatcher. Everyone could call it the "Iron Lady" for short.
            sigpic The Outlaw Josey Wales
            Josey Wales: Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.

----------------

Comment

Originally posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
              I think that if the UK does have a 304, it should be named the HMS Margaret Thatcher. Everyone could call it the "Iron Lady" for short.
              LOL

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                Because they don't have access to naquadah or trinium.
                Possibly. But I didn't think you needed Naqahdah for anything other than the power source.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                  This has got to be fake, right?

Vala,
                  Don't worry this is a joke.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

i support good grammar. yet you dont have to write it 100% properly.
                    ending with a "." or not doesnt add to your story, unless you write a 2000 character story without them.

back to ships.
                    id love to see an EU 304. id love to see it. 304 made in europe, 302's made in europe. no stupid uk or french or german. uk and french and german and belgium and dutch and hungarian and spanish ETC. europe would work together. it would be stupid to let a country make their own ship. the EU would make it together. and america would probably trust the command to a UK commander, seeing their relations.

and ofcourse its a joke. if it wasnt, he/she/it/they wouldve posted the research, and arguments and proof. and the research would be defended. but it hasnt happened, so ofcourse its a joke. we all knew it immediatly. but we are discussing how it should be

Comment

Why do I get the feeling that this ship (if it's real) is going to be lost in a friendly fire incident?

Comment

why do i get the feeling it too will be destroyed soon?

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                          The British/Europeans SHOULD have a ship. But tptb seem to want to make it increasingly like the USA is the world, and evey one else is stupid/insignificant/doean't matter. That has to be my main gripe with tptb.

But that's for another thread.
                          Stargate SG1 and SGA are American shows, written for an American audience first. An American company named MGM owned Stargate and released the movie which spun-off the TV show. NBC, which is an American company, owns the Sci-Fi channel which airs the show.

I'm sorry all these AMERICAN companies don't bend over backwards to make England happy and write for their audience first. Maybe Doctor Who should focus on the UNITED STATES instead of ENGLAND. How arrogant.

Get a clue people. This show is tailored to the American public because it's an American show. The US/Russia dynamic is due to the fact that the United States and Russia went through what we refer to as the "Cold War" where they spent a decade of political posturing and fighting without actually physically fighting. It's the same way in the show, and it's done that way to parallel the relationship that the US had with Russia during the 1960's and 70's.

When Stargate becomes a show that is made for a European country FIRST, you'll start seeing writing that reflects it. Until then, you'll have to settle for the fact that you're watching an American show in your country.

Comment

Originally posted by jrd231 View Post
                            Stargate SG1 and SGA are American shows, written for an American audience first. An American company named MGM owned Stargate and released the movie which spun-off the TV show. NBC, which is an American company, owns the Sci-Fi channel which airs the show.

I'm sorry all these AMERICAN companies don't bend over backwards to make England happy and write for their audience first. Maybe Doctor Who should focus on the UNITED STATES instead of ENGLAND. How arrogant.

Get a clue people. This show is tailored to the American public because it's an American show. The US/Russia dynamic is due to the fact that the United States and Russia went through what we refer to as the "Cold War" where they spent a decade of political posturing and fighting without actually physically fighting. It's the same way in the show, and it's done that way to parallel the relationship that the US had with Russia during the 1960's and 70's.

When Stargate becomes a show that is made for a European country FIRST, you'll start seeing writing that reflects it. Until then, you'll have to settle for the fact that you're watching an American show in your country.
                            ^the cold war lasted from 1945 - 1991, not a decade.
                            Also most of the cast and crew are CANADIAN (you insist on putting the caps lock on for these things), but you're right in the fact it is made for AMERICA PRIMARILY. However, alot of SG-1 episodes have aired in th UK FIRST (basically the second half of every season from 2 onwards, excluding 9, have aired in the UK/Ireland first). And alot of Atlantis episodes have aired in Canada first.
                            Also the US has decsribed the UK as its closest ally, why wouldn't we be more involved? Not anything too much, just an English person with a believable english accent, and a ship that comes and goes from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                              ^the cold war lasted from 1945 - 1991, not a decade.
                              Also most of the cast and crew are CANADIAN (you insist on putting the caps lock on for these things), but you're right in the fact it is made for AMERICA PRIMARILY. However, alot of SG-1 episodes have aired in th UK FIRST (basically the second half of every season from 2 onwards, excluding 9, have aired in the UK/Ireland first). And alot of Atlantis episodes have aired in Canada first.
                              Also the US has decsribed the UK as its closest ally, why wouldn't we be more involved? Not anything too much, just an English person with a believable english accent, and a ship that comes and goes from time to time.
                              I wouldnt listen to that as the US says that about just about every country which the President of the USA happens to be in. I know they have said that about Australia on several occasions while afew weeks later saying the exact same thing to the UK.

Though it might be relivant that in recent times the USA has been more willing to share its most advanced military technology with countries like Australia compared to other countries as i think they think because we only have 21 million people that we are less of a threat than other countries with larger populations.

Comment

Originally posted by jrd231 View Post

The whole US thing in Stargate takes the p*ss sometimes though. What has the UK got from it, especially considering they took all that stuff from the Ancient Cavern in OUR country, such as the phase tech that became very important at the end of season 10.
                                Atlantis is especially bad for this. It's supposed to be totally international. But then I guess it kind of reflects the American idea of international, a few token and expendable foreign characters, and maybe one important Canadian.

Comment

Working...
                                X