• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
    Interesting sig.
    * not getting your point *

Comment

Originally posted by clwaurie View Post
      I think it would be a bad idea for britain to build its own 304, it took us 750 million pounds to build wembley stadium and it was 4 years behind the intial schedule. I don't think the 304 would ever be finished and would probably bankrupt us.
      Has any one here watched the last eposide of sg1??(unending) The eposide were they got the asguard core... dont you think that they will use it to make new battleships... after all it would be cheaper and quicker.

Comment

too big. too complicated. no matter how powerfull, it couldnt do it. the alien components could be made cheaper however

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          * not getting your point *
          Lol, you're sig said you support good grammar, yet you started a sentence with but.

Comment

You started your sentence with "lol"...

Is ending one's sentences with ellipses considered bad grammar?
            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
              You started your sentence with "lol"...

Is ending one's sentences with ellipses considered bad grammar?
              I never declared to the public i supported good grammar or had good grammar for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
                Lol, you're sig said you support good grammar, yet you started a sentence with but.
                Good grammar/spelling also includes using capitals to begin with, and a dot or something else to finish with. And no typo's of course.

'eight day'

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                  Obviously. But the Russians have had the plans for the F-302 and the BC-303 since 2002 and they've never made one ship yet, why?

Vala,
                  Because they don't have access to naquadah or trinium.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    Because they don't have access to naquadah or trinium.
                    Im sure the IOA would make sure that the Russians and any other nation which want Naquadah and Trinium get access to the gate so they can send mining teams all over the galaxy. The gate after all does belong to the Russians and other countries building X304's would be in everyones best interest.

Comment

If the US doesn't want Russia to get trinium or naquadah then they won't do, the IOA only controls the gate because of their funding, I'm sure the US would rather lose the funding than surrender those sort of materials to Russia, and the IOA would know that.

Comment

If the US doesn't want Russia to get trinium or naquadah then they won't do, the IOA only controls the gate because of their funding, I'm sure the US would rather lose the funding than surrender those sort of materials to Russia, and the IOA would know that.
                        Except you forget that the Russians have already built their own X304 so that means they must have already used the gate to go to other planets to mine the materials.

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
                          Except you forget that the Russians have already built their own X304 so that means they must have already used the gate to go to other planets to mine the materials.
                          They never built that, it was given to them by the US in exchange for their lease of the gate being extended.

Comment

They never built that, it was given to them by the US in exchange for their lease of the gate being extended.
                            I'll have to take your word for it as i havent watched that particular episode in quite awhile.

In any case the USA would have no choice but to give other countries access to the gate as with all the countries that are aware of the gate they have alot of power not only could they introduce harsh economic laws against America but they could also reveal the existences of the Stargate programme to the entire world.

Comment

So why haven't they? Every country would be clamoring over themselves to get their hands on a 304 if they could, so why haven't we seen any other than US ones?

Comment

So why haven't they? Every country would be clamoring over themselves to get their hands on a 304 if they could, so why haven't we seen any other than US ones?
                                They havent built the X304 because the writers havent written it. Assuming for a minute that the Stargate Universe is real then in reality most of the countries which are aware of the programme would have the technology and access to the gate as the countries which are aware are some of the most powerful in the world. They may not beable to defeat America in a military engagment (due to Asgard tech) but they could certainly cripple the United States economy.

Clearly the Stargate Universe isnt real but its still important for the writers to make it seem as real as possible but i find other countries reactions to the Stargate programme in the Stargate Universe to be very odd and unrealistic.

Comment

Working...
                                X