This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Hiring another actress to play Weir would be just another bad decision in a long line of bad decisions. So it's what we can probably expect from these people.

I liked Fran and see no problem with a Replicator story involving her. They will probably have either her or another character say that they once had the form of Weir but found it was no longer useful or some such blather. Easy enough done and she's history.

If they were really smart they would have her disembodied form stick around as a part of Atlantis. After all she spent 10,000 years in stasis to save the expedition before when she hardly knew them. Now that they are her closest friends, she could be a comfort for them. And I could change my sig to read She's In There. LOL
    Like oma/morgan watched over sg1?

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
      You're a good guesser Eri.

From Stargate Solutions:

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=1213
      Hey more chances to see emo!John.

Spoiler:
      I think it will depend on whether the actress can actually pull off a convincing Elizabeth Weir. She needs to watch old SGA episodes.

It looks like this was always the plan and Torri was just needed for maybe flashbacks, which you know sucks.
      sigpic
      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
        Hey more chances to see emo!John.

Spoiler:
        I think it will depend on whether the actress can actually pull off a convincing Elizabeth Weir. She needs to watch old SGA episodes.

It looks like this was always the plan and Torri was just needed for maybe flashbacks, which you know sucks.
        I think its a pretty big cop out. They should have just rewritten it properly if they still wanted to do the replicator-ascension story. The Disemboided Replicators could of hinted that Weir was out their somewhere in a ship with the rest of the rebel replicators and every body would be happish with the outcome. Or came up with another story invovling Fran coming back.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

Actually, not really. Fans started writing letters before "Sunday" even aired in Canada, and then Mallozzi was busy soothing the American fans that "there was no need to worry and you'll be happy with what we did." Uh, no - we have the internets nowadays, Mister Mallozzi, and find things out. Many Carson fans had hope he would be revived in the season openers, which was very much possible. The timeframe fits it, given the spoilers were leaked way before Sunday aired and even more so before the S4 cast was released. Instead, they decided not to.

Despite the fact that the old management killed Carson, I would take them over the new management anyday. As a big Carson fan that's a pretty powerful statement IMO.

Skiffy is desperate. Other posters have mentioned their failed prospective "golden children". There will be nothing left to air but Ghost Plumbers, the crap they call "Sci-fi original movies" and freaking wrestling. They need a few credible series

Season 3 viewers are not retained - or they at least switched their audience. I have no idea where they're getting those numbers - Nielsen is lies. Random sampling with a whole bunch of holes in it. It only records US viewers, in which only certain households have them funky boxes.

The show isn't dying. The SGA of the past is dead.
          Skiffy is Desperate? No no no, if they were desperate they would of renewed Flash Gordon, in a um Flash. Also PKJ would of been entering it's 2nd season as well.

No offense Reiko, have you even seen the recent ratings and numbers for Atlantis? Their finale pulled over 1 million viewers over the Network's primetime average. I would think Skiffy would be complete morons to cancel a show that pulls this many viewers over their network primetime average. Atlantis turned around with "Missing". Keeping most of their eps at a decent viewer number or even better. Funny how they made Atlantis lead into Atlantis and added them on the 5pm slot right before SG-1 @ 6pm. Ever since that, the ratings and viewers have been going up and staying steady.

As per Carson, his eps delivered. I was truly impressed with his return.
          Last edited by Briangate78; 18 March 2008, 07:24 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
            They (TPTB) wanted Weir off the show. I guess you could call that a different direction. We don't know why Torri 'refused' to come back, it could very well be their fault.
            Obviously not, or they wouldn't have written her into as many episodes as they did and they wouldn't have tried to get her back for season 5.

They haven't been essentially fired yet either and I believe that they were still under contracted to do S5 as long as TPTB wanted them in it.
            Which only goes further toward proving my point.

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
            I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope you're right.

Recasting Weir would be the biggest joke ever. Especially after the uproar over Torri being sacked and offered only recurring work in the first place.

For me, the dumping of Beckett and Weir, and the subsequent moves to bring them back, which I'm sure are only attempts to appease the fans, were the beginning of the end for this show. It's a shadow of its former self, and becoming cartoonish, IMO.
            It was.

Comment

OK folks, let stay on topic please.

Personally I'm sad Torri chose not to reprise her role, but I can certainly understand and respect that decision.

Comment

Here's me hoping the Gateworld version is more accurate than the Solutions one.
                I'm not crazy about the idea either way, but I prefer it this way than
                Spoiler:
                re-casting Elizabeth as Fran.
                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                Yes, I am!
                sigpic
                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Hope fully Darren can clear this up...

Comment

I actually preferred the first Weir way back on SG-1 Season 7, but given that Torri portrayed her for 4 years, it would obviously be more of a stretch to replace her now. That doesn't seem to be an issue anyway, though. Whichever direction they go with this, of the two that have been discussed in this thread, I'm fine with either.
                    Theoretically spoilerish:
                    Spoiler:
                    Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                      Here's me hoping the Gateworld version is more accurate than the Solutions one.
                      I'm not crazy about the idea either way, but I prefer it this way than
                      Spoiler:
                      re-casting Elizabeth as Fran.
                      I don't think they contradict each other. The Solutions spoilers are just more detailed.

Really, it's not a bad idea in theory. It's a great way to get around the problem of not having Torri. I just am having a hard time with it because
                      Spoiler:
                      I liked FRAN as, well, FRAN. Not FRAN!Elizabeth.
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                      sigpic

Comment

I don't think they contradict each other. The Solutions spoilers are just more detailed.

Really, it's not a bad idea in theory. It's a great way to get around the problem of not having Torri. I just am having a hard time with it because
                        Spoiler:
                        Yeah, well I liked Elizabeth as Elizabeth before they screwed the character over beyond all recognition.

The name "Ghost in the Machine" gives the impression that Weir was always supposed to be a disembodied voice, as the rest of the replicators apparently are in this episode, which would lead me to believe that it was only ever going to be a voiceover role. If that's what they'd put to her, then I'm not surprised Torri said no. And if that's what they said would possibly lead to a bigger arc, then again, I'm not surprised she said no to sticking around as a frigging disembodied voice.

It smacks of them saying "Well let's offer her something, even though we don't want her, just so we can say we tried when she says no". The idea being that the fans get pissed off with Torri instead of with TPTB.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Yes. I can see what you mean here.

You liked Fran as herself. I did too. But, spoilers for GitM:

Spoiler:
                          maybe it will still be Fran as such, but just with Weir's memories? The essence of Weir's thoughts and aims? So perhaps an amalgam of both? Or maybe it'll be totally just Fran, with nothing of Weir but her memories? Thus none of her mannerisms?
                          sigpic

Comment

To me, putting Weir's memory in Fran (if that's what they're going to do) is just another rip-off of an SG-1 plot. Afterall, Sam did have Jolinar's memories.

If they wanted to keep Weir's memory around, they could've just kept Torri.

And the very fact that people are still talking about Elizabeth Weir and still creating threads about her, just shows me that she was (and still is) a popular character and that TPTB were wrong to reduce her/get rid of her.

Comment

They will not be recasting Wier. From what Gateworld has said, Wier will most likely have ascended and will be refered to in passing by Fran but NOT appear on screen.

As for why Torri declined to reappear, that was her decision and that as they say is that.

Comment

OMG, this is even worse than I've been expecting....
                                Last edited by g.o.d; 19 March 2008, 09:12 AM.
                                Stolen Kosovo
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X