This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnRico View Post
    They will probably have the Weir on the ship be a fake Weir & then Replicator Weir transforms into someone else. Thats pretty much the only plausible explanation on how to write Weir out
    Since when have the PTB been worried about plausible lately??
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
      Since when have the PTB been worried about plausible lately??
      True but in the case of Weir they should more then likely have fake Weir transform into someone else & Weir will officially be dead outside of Torri turning them down. Unless they have some kind of 3D Model of Torri to use lol

Comment

From the information and the title of the episode, I'm guessing all Torri had to do was a voice over... or be nothing more than a voice. Unless FRAN is now doing that part of course...which is possible.

Weir will probably appear as text only.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Since the Weir that first showed up in LC was a blonde, changing the actress for some sort of cameo in the episode wouldn't surprise me.
          sigpic

Comment

I can't see them recasting the role of Elizabeth Weir at this point in time. As far as I'm concerned, Torri is the only one who can play the role with grace and class.

Torri didn't want to reprise the role, and I think that TPTB are going to just kill off the character.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
              I can't see them recasting the role of Elizabeth Weir at this point in time. As far as I'm concerned, Torri is the only one who can play the role with grace and class.

Torri didn't want to reprise the role, and I think that TPTB are going to just kill off the character.
              but how do they want to kill the character off? - i mean .. if they do they need to bring her story somehow into the show, just saying 'she is dead' doesnt work because we all have seen be all my sins rememberd ... you need at least show her dead body in the show, otherwise she isnt dead and for that you need the actress (TH) again

the only way to bring her out is just to 'forget' her... but than her character would still run around in pegasus for us fans

Comment

I wish they just would of killed off Weir in "This Mortal Coil" and be done with it. Just glad this is the 5th episode. Let's be done with it, end the story and move onto something bigger and better.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                  Torri never knew what the plot would be, she refused before even being told.
                  Mallozzi said (on his blog) they sent her an outline of the story. Torri said repeatedly that she would return to SGA IF they presented her with a good script. Apparently she didn't care for what she read, or it wasn't worth making the trip to Vancouver.

Replacing her would suck. I wouldn't bother watching.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I would like to see rather Fran than a replaced Weir. Maybe Jessica Steen could return, but it won't happen and these would be the biggest betrayal against Torri Higginson.

If RepliWeir ascended than she doesn't need a body. It can be interesting how will the "digital ascended being" look like? Will they have an own ascended form like the Ori, Anubis or the Ancients?

I hope the story will involve the black smoke from Hide and Seek and the Ancient planet from Epiphany. These are all related to ascension.

On the other hand, what will the closure for this storyline? If they can ascend than why shouldn't they destroy Atlantis because of the explosion of Asuran? Will Chaya appear fight against an ascended Replicator? That would be so original!
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

If they ever need another actress to play Weir, they could always ask Lena Headey from Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - she has the right look and I can imagine her as Weir.
                      Previously thor_fh of the old MGM forum, back in the day...

'True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.' - Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by Vala Valkyrie View Post
                        If they ever need another actress to play Weir, they could always ask Lena Headey from Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - she has the right look and I can imagine her as Weir.
                        I can't imagine that they could afford Lena Headey.
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                          I can't imagine that they could afford Lena Headey.
                          The same here. Plus I hope Fox will renew Sarah Connor Chronicles for another season, so Lena is going to be busy.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                            Mallozzi said (on his blog) they sent her an outline of the story. Torri said repeatedly that she would return to SGA IF they presented her with a good script. Apparently she didn't care for what she read, or it wasn't worth making the trip to Vancouver.

Replacing her would suck. I wouldn't bother watching.
                            actually Joe said
                            As season four wrapped, Carl and Paul got to spinning and came up with a terrific storyline that picked up where that last scene of BAMSR left off. We had a story in place for one episode, the starting point of a potentially bigger arc. The script was written and we eventually contacted Torri who, after much consideration, turned down the offer to reprise the role of Elizabeth Weir for the episode. We are, of course, disappointed, but nevertheless respect Torri’s decision and wish her all the best in her future endeavors.
                            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...s-development/
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I'm quite confident that Weir will be portrayed as a voice or even just an energy form with Torri's face implanted on it if they went that far.

I'm just saddened that Torri refused to do it, I mean as an actor myself I would have done it for the fans - not giving a hoot about TPTB and only on the condition that TPTB would kill off my character completely or at least put my character in a position where they would never been seen again. And that way I would not have to deal with them again and the fans aren't left in the lurch

But that is simply My opinion
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:
                              President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                              President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                              Forum Charmer
                              Forum Ambassador
                              Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                              VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                              VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                                Also when someone asked why Torri turned down the chance to appear, this is was what JM answered on his blog:

Answer: I understand the fans’ desire to support Torri, but I don’t find it fair or helpful to speculate on the reasons for her declining the offer. As I wrote in yesterday’s entry, we fully respect and support Torri’s decision and wish her all the best. For the record, however, it wasn’t a specific script issue. The content of the script (which has yet to be delivered) was never even discussed.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...8-on-the-move/

I don't really mind what is done. I'll watch the episode and see what I think. As Torri turned down the chance to appear, and thus didn't choose to, or wasn't able to appear, then I don't have a problem with the story being continued without her, or with Weir being portrayed by someone else.
                                Last edited by Linzi; 18 March 2008, 11:36 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X