This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
    For me, the dumping of Beckett and Weir, and the subsequent moves to bring them back, which I'm sure are only attempts to appease the fans, were the beginning of the end for this show. It's a shadow of its former self, and becoming cartoonish, IMO.

RIP Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

... Now, a moment of silence ...

Comment

Not everyone goes up in arms when a couple of characters die, and tbh I think it's pretty obvious that Carson was bought back because the new management WANTED him back. I don't know about Weir, but I'm sure there are ways around Torri's decision to not return.

If season 4 was as bad as some say it is, we wouldn't be getting a season 5, and a season 6 wouldn't be looking as likely as it is. I'd say there's a good 75%+ chance that the show will go on into 2010. Views of season 4 are opinion, it will rest on how many viewers there are. The season 3 viewers were retained and the numbers are going up, so I think alot of people have enjoyed the new direction of the show. I am personally very dissapointed we won't see Torri again, but I'm sure I'll live, and it seems so will the 'casual' viewers, if the ratings are anything to go by. The show isn't dying, not yet anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
        Not everyone goes up in arms when a couple of characters die, and tbh I think it's pretty obvious that Carson was bought back because the new management WANTED him back. I don't know about Weir, but I'm sure there are ways around Torri's decision to not return.

If season 4 was as bad as some say it is, we wouldn't be getting a season 5, and a season 6 wouldn't be looking as likely as it is. I'd say there's a good 75%+ chance that the show will go on into 2010. Views of season 4 are opinion, it will rest on how many viewers there are. The season 3 viewers were retained and the numbers are going up, so I think alot of people have enjoyed the new direction of the show. I am personally very dissapointed we won't see Torri again, but I'm sure I'll live, and it seems so will the 'casual' viewers, if the ratings are anything to go by. The show isn't dying, not yet anyway.

The only way to get the magical 100 eps was to get a season 5 happening. IMO, THAT is why they were given it. That and the fact that everything else they have is even crappier.

Comment

I look at a thing called ratings as well. The ratings say the show is appealing to people since they maintained their viewers and even could of grown in audience from last seaon, wow shocker huh?

I am in the same boat as you are. As soon as Torri declined I said, ok time to move on, I am dissapointed but cannot dwell on it. This season exceeded my expectations after "The Kindred" aired. I was very impressed with Carson's return.
          sigpic

Comment

I didn't want Torri to go, never have. But I'm not going to stop watching the show because of it.

All actors have helped contribute to making the show good - most of the original characters remain in the show. By giving up on the show or showing how 'bad' it is would be telling the other actors that they were 'unimportant' or haven't contributed.

But on topic - If they wanted her dead she should stay dead. I wouldn't like another actress to replace weir it's either Torri or no one.
            sigpic
            Spoiler:
            President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
            President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
            Forum Charmer
            Forum Ambassador
            Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
            VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
            VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

No recasting, please. There's no reason why they can't revisit the ascending replicator plotline without a new Weir or ghost!Weir or whatever.

The only way to get the magical 100 eps was to get a season 5 happening. IMO, THAT is why they were given it. That and the fact that everything else they have is even crappier.
              I dont know about the 100 eps but yes, TPTB are very lucky to have their show on skiffy, where a 1.4 rating is considered fantastic nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                No recasting, please. There's no reason why they can't revisit the ascending replicator plotline without a new Weir or ghost!Weir or whatever.

I dont know about the 100 eps but yes, TPTB are very lucky to have their show on skiffy, where a 1.4 rating is considered fantastic nowadays.
                A 1.4 was like a 1.6 maybe even a 1.7 back when Season 3 first aired. But getting back on topic. If they recast, I would be upset as well. Torri will always be Weir to me, um except for "Lost City" But you know what I mean.
                sigpic

Comment

Skiffy actually had replacement shows for both Stargates, because the shyster firm of Hammer and Stern wanted to have 100% NBC funded shows (which doesn't include SGA OR SG1). Dreadful Files, Painful(towatch) Jane, and Flush Gordon were supposed to be the new golden children yet no one came to watch. Now Skiffy doesn't have a whole lot in their arsenal except for SGA, a couple reality shows, a lame duck BSG, and a bunch of reruns of other shows. They had to give SGA a season 5 just to put something new on the air.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post

They are really lucky that it's one of the only shows on SciFi that rates. SciFi have nothing to replace it with. If they canceled it they would have to find something new and start from scratch.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      A 1.4 was like a 1.6 maybe even a 1.7 back when Season 3 first aired. But getting back on topic. If they recast, I would be upset as well. Torri will always be Weir to me, um except for "Lost City" But you know what I mean.
                      Does the Season 3 ratings include the delayed viewings which they seem to rave about now??
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
                        Does the Season 3 ratings include the delayed viewings which they seem to rave about now??
                        Yes, they do.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ice Wolf I love your sig.
                          sigpic
                          My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Not everyone goes up in arms when a couple of characters die, and tbh I think it's pretty obvious that Carson was bought back because the new management WANTED him back.
                            Actually, not really. Fans started writing letters before "Sunday" even aired in Canada, and then Mallozzi was busy soothing the American fans that "there was no need to worry and you'll be happy with what we did." Uh, no - we have the internets nowadays, Mister Mallozzi, and find things out. Many Carson fans had hope he would be revived in the season openers, which was very much possible. The timeframe fits it, given the spoilers were leaked way before Sunday aired and even more so before the S4 cast was released. Instead, they decided not to.

Despite the fact that the old management killed Carson, I would take them over the new management anyday. As a big Carson fan that's a pretty powerful statement IMO.

If season 4 was as bad as some say it is, we wouldn't be getting a season 5, and a season 6 wouldn't be looking as likely as it is.
                            Skiffy is desperate. Other posters have mentioned their failed prospective "golden children". There will be nothing left to air but Ghost Plumbers, the crap they call "Sci-fi original movies" and freaking wrestling. They need a few credible series

The season 3 viewers were retained and the numbers are going up, so I think alot of people have enjoyed the new direction of the show. I am personally very dissapointed we won't see Torri again, but I'm sure I'll live, and it seems so will the 'casual' viewers, if the ratings are anything to go by. The show isn't dying, not yet anyway.
                            Season 3 viewers are not retained - or they at least switched their audience. I have no idea where they're getting those numbers - Nielsen is lies. Random sampling with a whole bunch of holes in it. It only records US viewers, in which only certain households have them funky boxes.

The show isn't dying. The SGA of the past is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                              The show isn't dying. The SGA of the past is dead.
                              That is purely a matter of perception...

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                                I don't really see them recasting Weir, not for one episode--you'd have to explain to the casual viewer she is Weir, when she may only get a couple of scenes, at best. If she does go corporeal, I believe she may channel through Fran.
                                You're a good guesser Eri.

From Stargate Solutions:

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=1213

Spoiler:
                                Those in Atlantis are surprised to find that the ghost of Elizabeth Weir lives on — in a new body that looks just like FRAN (Friendly Replicator ANdroid from “Be All My Sins Remember’d”)!
                                - Life after Stargate -
                                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X