This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
    I hate it that they're "trying to expand the roster of familiar faces". I feel like poking them and saying they still have TEYLA to develop more. We like quality, they like quantity.
    Well, that's their answer to everything, isn't it? If something isn't working, add a new character. If you need to explain something, add a new character. If you need a particular task done, add a new character. If you're bored, add a new character.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
      Well, that's their answer to everything, isn't it? If something isn't working, add a new character. If you need to explain something, add a new character. If you need a particular task done, add a new character. If you're bored, add a new character.
      nope it isn't. have you seen this? from Joe's blog
      Jason writes: “Will the new Captain Vega character take away screen time from Major Lorne..?”

Answer: No. The introduction of the Vega character had nothing to do with lessening the onscreen presence of any existing characters (regulars or recurring) and everything to do with a genuine desire to expand our roster of familiar faces.
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

And if you believe that, I've got a great bridge to sell you.

Comment

What do you have against adding more secondary characters? It's not like the cast's getting any bigger. With Heightmeyer dead, there's an extra slot open for another secondary.
          These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            it's quite common for characters to be renamed during hte writing process. names have to be run through legal to make sure that whole 'not based on a real person' can be accurate.

for example, pete shanahan was originally supposed to be a reporter, but there was a real pete shanahan working for a tv station, so he became a cop instead.

walter harriman/davis/norman has gone through many name changes because of legal issues with there being real people in the air force with names similar to his character's

I think the true question of Vega's postition on the show will be answered when we find out whether or not she runs around in a tank top whenever she's not on duty. a tailored tank top no less

then we'll have a pretty good idea what their motives were
            Oh that explains that whole "O'Neill" with two 'l's joke from 'Secrets' I think it was.

The funny thing is they don't have to show skin or flash cleavage to make a character sexy. For me Teyla was hottest when she was firing a gun (especially that Saw in Duet) or beating the tobacco juice out of some guy with sticks. Also when she broke that altered Wraith's neck with her bare hands in Misbegotten, nothing is more attractive than a woman that can lock 'n load and snap necks. And for the ladies, Sheppard doesn't wear skimpy clothing and women still find him dashing.

Comment

Not all of us mistrust Joe.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Here we go with the conspiracy theories...

Comment

Possibly, one of the major twists in Season 5 Finale will be this unbelievable plot:
                  "Aiden 'SuperWolf' Ford back and kidnapped whole Atlantis team. But now, he is with big & strong army of ferment-drugged Lost Boys, also with couple of Hiveships. Then, he find Alicia Vega as his love interest, drugged girl with "super" ferment and grab her. [Aaah!]."

Oops, another supporting character <snip....we have a language filter for a reason> by writers+producers. OMG, somebody stop me.

p.s.
                  I really love Ford, even more after ferment-story begins. I want better fate for him! That charismatic son of the <snip> can't just <snip...try making your point without profanity please>die.
                  Last edited by Skydiver; 07 March 2008, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaeth View Post
                    Oh that explains that whole "O'Neill" with two 'l's joke from 'Secrets' I think it was.

The funny thing is they don't have to show skin or flash cleavage to make a character sexy. For me Teyla was hottest when she was firing a gun (especially that Saw in Duet) or beating the tobacco juice out of some guy with sticks. Also when she broke that altered Wraith's neck with her bare hands in Misbegotten, nothing is more attractive than a woman that can lock 'n load and snap necks. And for the ladies, Sheppard doesn't wear skimpy clothing and women still find him dashing.
                    the 'two l's' joke comes from Kurt Russell's character having one L i believe, and rick's version having two...because when he was asked to play the character, rick said 'ok, but i can't and won't do the hard ass that kurt did. this jack is going to be lighter'

and so the tv version of jack o'neill is a lot more light hearted and quippy than the movie version

and yeah, there is more to sex appeal than cleavage and tight pants...but the boys at bridge - or the boys at scifi that are pulling thie strings - just can't get that into their heads, thus the continued pandering to the fan boy syndrome
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      Not all of us mistrust Joe.
                      We know

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                        What do you have against adding more secondary characters?
                        By itself, I have nothing against it and think that sometimes it can help expand a show's stories/universe. But on Atlantis where I think the writers are doing a crummy job of utilizing the characters they already have, adding on yet more characters seems wasteful and stupid. Adding more characters won't fix the problems (as I see them) on the show, but they're bound to generate more. I'd rather see TPTB expand upon and enrich the characters we already know than watch them invent new ones to mishandle and ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          the 'two l's' joke comes from Kurt Russell's character having one L i believe, and rick's version having two...because when he was asked to play the character, rick said 'ok, but i can't and won't do the hard ass that kurt did. this jack is going to be lighter'

and so the tv version of jack o'neill is a lot more light hearted and quippy than the movie version

and yeah, there is more to sex appeal than cleavage and tight pants...but the boys at bridge - or the boys at scifi that are pulling thie strings - just can't get that into their heads, thus the continued pandering to the fan boy syndrome
                          You continue to say they're appeasing the FANBOYS with all of the skankiness.
                          I would disagree, and to say that fanboys *don't* like that sort of thing.

Perhaps, instead, they are trying to get the younger boys, who are not fans of the show, to watch?

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                            We know
                            You can be such a smartass.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

If they want to appeal to Ford lover's and yet think the ford character is stupid and dull and yet bring in a completely new character that is supposed to be like Ford but isn't the actual character Ford.... Then why bring in any character at all if they don't like the ford character structure.. just bring back super ford!! They aren't pleasing me...

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                                You can be such a smartass.
                                Touché .

Comment

Working...
                                X