Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's quite common for characters to be renamed during hte writing process. names have to be run through legal to make sure that whole 'not based on a real person' can be accurate.

for example, pete shanahan was originally supposed to be a reporter, but there was a real pete shanahan working for a tv station, so he became a cop instead.

walter harriman/davis/norman has gone through many name changes because of legal issues with there being real people in the air force with names similar to his character's

I think the true question of Vega's postition on the show will be answered when we find out whether or not she runs around in a tank top whenever she's not on duty. a tailored tank top no less

then we'll have a pretty good idea what their motives were
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vjlax18 View Post
      She's probably there to replace Teyla is the story arc with the baby means someone has to be a mommy and not a warrior princess...

I wouldn't be surprised if she joins shepherds team even temporarily because i don't think they'll find Teyla straight away, which may not be such a bad thing , i find Teyla boring. Rachel probably needs that time off with her baby, ala Amanda Tapping not appearing in season 9 of sg1 till part way through.

Comment

Ford + Breasts = Vega

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
          Ford + Breasts = Vega
          I hope nobody's thinking about posting a pic
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

let's not and say we did

I'd like to think i'm wrong and vega's gender won't be a plot point or focus of her character like they did with teyla. But after the past few years, these boys seem obsessed with featuring an actress' 'assets' more than her as a general character.

must cater to that young male demo after all

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              let's not and say we did

I'd like to think i'm wrong and vega's gender won't be a plot point or focus of her character like they did with teyla. But after the past few years, these boys seem obsessed with featuring an actress' 'assets' more than her as a general character.

I dont think Carter or Keller have shown too much skin in Atlantis.

Comment

they haven't, which kinda gives me hope. although i think some of carter not showing skin is the actor not showing skin.

Maybe they've realized that the whole 'blatant sex appeal' is tiresome to some.

time will tell.

sigpic

Comment

well the cast is moslty men .... has been for years .so us males need soemthing
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

i can appreciate that, but us females get tired of so many of hte females on shows being little more than the sum of their cup size

I"m not saying that she needs to be a dog, i'm just saying can't they just write a character first, and worry about the gender later?

sigpic

Comment

i can appreciate that, but us females get tired of so many of hte females on shows being little more than the sum of their cup size

I"m not saying that she needs to be a dog, i'm just saying can't they just write a character first, and worry about the gender later?
                      i like having a female in the cast but i agree i dont' want another vala..... i would hope she is professional ..being in the military
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                        I personal think it's safe to say fords dead and the fans keep sayin "we want ford back" but i feel that the reason TPTB are bring it a new lower ranking character is to bring back the feeling ford did.....

anyone else agree??
                        I hope not. A female Ford will make me puke. I can't stand snot nosed young grunts and Ford was no exception.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

that's really all i'd want. for her to be 'real' instead of a cliche

they have larrin to be their 'sexy alien', they really don't need another character to fulfill that role.

write her like Lorne, in that she's 'real' and someone that people can identify with

sigpic

Comment

they haven't, which kinda gives me hope. although i think some of carter not showing skin is the actor not showing skin.

Maybe they've realized that the whole 'blatant sex appeal' is tiresome to some.

time will tell.
                            Obviously ive never seen Jewel Staite in anything before so i have no idea what her position is on showing abit of skin but Amanda Tapping doesnt really appear to have a problem with it as she appeared topless (though we got a view of her back) in a episode of SG1 (New Order) and i remember in a episode in s9 (Off the Grid) where she showed a rather large amount of cleavage.

I must point out though that out of all the main cast members of SG1 Michael Shanksshowed the most amount of skin in the episode "Fallen" and as for Atlantis it is arguable that out of all the main cast members David Hewlett showed the most skin in "Duet".

Comment

it's not the showing of skin per se, as it is choice of costuming. in 11 years, 'sam' dressed pretty conservatively. In fact, most of what she wore for most of the time was to military regs on duty.

vala, on the other hand, had her bdu's custom tailored. She wears the pants as wide legged, almost hip huggers. Her jackets were noticibly short and tight, and her shirts were always low cut. claudia has a good body and vala dressed to make the most of it. the vast majority of her costumes were not what many people would consider appropriate for teh environment she was in (but she was an alien, so she could)

another contrast is weir vs teyla. Weir always dressed appropriately. sure, she occasionally had hte low cut t-shirt, but noting that you wouldn't see in an office. teyla, on the other hand, prior to her pregnancy wore low cut tank tops and high cut tops that bared a bit of skin. Her promo photos a couple of seasons ago, she was posed to accentuate her revealing top and slit skirt.

teyla is the sexy alien of the show. Just as vala was teh sexy alien of sg1. a role that only anise held before her.

When vega's just hanging out in the city, will she dress liek Sam/weir? or will she dress like Teyla/vega?

Her off and on duty costuming can give clues as to how the writers see her. in addition to her behavior. will she be mostly business? or will she spend her time making double entendres like vala?

sigpic

Comment

If sexism is such a bad thing, why should the sex of the character matter?
                                Wouldn't it BETTER to write the character without caring about the sex?

The amount of bashing about 'omg boobies boobies boobies dey are showin off teh boobies of all da girlz' on this place amazes me.

I see more skin when channel surfing past the Disney channel than I do on Atlantis.

Comment

Working...
                                X