• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
    Thanks.
    no problem
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I hadn't thought about the Phoenix. That would make perfect sense.
      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Question: The Odyssey is a very special Ship compared to the Daedalus and the Apollo, right? More Asgard tech, the uber fantastic updates they gave us in Unending, but...

Did they manage to hack into that yet, or reproduce it, if that's the better word, so the other ships could be as special?

I don't know much about the technology, I would definitely not dare to go to that thread, but how far are we in making ships like the Odyssey?

I'm specifically referring to the time dilation tech, the beaming oxygen into being, and the cello, food, etc. Can all ships do that?

Bummer Teal'c can't mention how Sam eventually managed to reverse time in a specific space, since that would maybe mean you wouldn't have to lose your ships any more? If you saw one getting blown up, you just reverse time from another ship (if that's possible) in that specific place, and bam, it's back.

Maybe, just maybe, Sam is getting more familiar with the Odyssey again, so she can invent some new stuff with it, like in Unending. The things she learned to do in that ep would be great to have once again. But she would practically have to live on the ship?

Or she's actually helping people build her own ship. That's cool too. She would actually make a great captain since she knows so much about it. And hopefully this time she won't
        Spoiler:
        blow up with it...

I also think The Seed will grow more on people with a rewatch, and another one.
        Spoiler:
        It's definitely an interesting ep, finally we get another piece of Wraith stuff. (Hey, we're in Season 5, what do we actually know about them already? It's not that much, yet.) So basically I can never be against such an ep. Keller was good in it (like I said before, I don't have a prob with her), and all the other people got some nice attention too.

I found Woolsey's comments to Keller a bit, well... It looked a bit harsh, but on the other hand, he was right to say those things. How long can you talk about something, and postpone the actual test? He knows that Keller is a bit young and has a more difficult time making such decisions, so he makes them for her.

The thing that might have bothered some people is that Search and Rescue was a very fast ep, and The Seed didn't go very fast. But again, much Wraith details, so I'm in for it.

On the other hand, wasn't that thing one of Michael's experiments? Will they confirm to us that it actually happens with the Wraith like this also? And what happens with the body of the person that is under the tendrils? Will the stuff grow around bones that have been there before, to give a structure to the Hive, or will the body dissolve into another part of the process: something that will start to grow the bones with samples of the human's bones after they die? Or does the body not die, but stay there forever to give the organism a conscience so it can heal itself again during battle?

Sorry about the rambling.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

The Seed caps
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
            Question: The Odyssey is a very special Ship compared to the Daedalus and the Apollo, right? More Asgard tech, the uber fantastic updates they gave us in Unending, but...

Did they manage to hack into that yet, or reproduce it, if that's the better word, so the other ships could be as special?
            I think we're able to reverse engineer some of the Asgard's legacy ie the plasma beam weapons but not everything

I don't know much about the technology, I would definitely not dare to go to that thread, but how far are we in making ships like the Odyssey?
            not sure but remember the Phoenix appeared in TLM. I'd say it's possible

I'm specifically referring to the time dilation tech, the beaming oxygen into being, and the cello, food, etc. Can all ships do that?
            I don't think so

Bummer Teal'c can't mention how Sam eventually managed to reverse time in a specific space, since that would maybe mean you wouldn't have to lose your ships any more? If you saw one getting blown up, you just reverse time from another ship (if that's possible) in that specific place, and bam, it's back.

Maybe, just maybe, Sam is getting more familiar with the Odyssey again, so she can invent some new stuff with it, like in Unending. The things she learned to do in that ep would be great to have once again. But she would practically have to live on the ship?
            yes and also remember how much time passed during their time on the Odyssey

Or she's actually helping people build her own ship. That's cool too. She would actually make a great captain since she knows so much about it. And hopefully this time she won't
            Spoiler:
            blow up with it...
            true
            sigpic

Comment

The Daedelus and Apolio don't really need all the stuff that comes with putting in the Asgard core. Now that Milky Way for the most part is stable,the core is most likely being studied at Area 51. The ships really don't need to beam oxygen or have a time dilation field.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

LOL from DH's blog
                We're back up and running on Season Five...thanks for some solid viewing numbers for episode 1...it's been reported at 1.3, but I'm told it was actually 1.35 which is nothing to sneeze at - which I'm doing a lot of today as we've been blowing things up and those explosives always get right up my nose! Given how many of you had already seen "Search and Rescue" online when I met you in London or Baltimore I'm amazed we even got those numbers...so thanks for watching even if you'd already seen it out here in cyberspace...all fuel for the Season 6 fire! We've also been goofing around with these wicked little remote control racing cars! Joe and I have done some serious damage to the sets as we careened around between setups. Strangely enough, they still won't let us handle the driving in the scenes though?!
                http://www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/content/view/270/35/
                sigpic

Comment

I'm amsuming he is talking about Joe Flanigan. I wonder if ever works
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Eh... could be Mallozzi... either or really

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
                    Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

yup
                      sigpic

Comment

They seem to be pushing that 1.35, well hopefully "The Seed pulled" at least a 1.25!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                          They seem to be pushing that 1.35, well hopefully "The Seed pulled" at least a 1.25!
                          a 1.2(5) would be awesome
                          sigpic

Comment

1.3 for The Seed would almost gurantee a S6. Of course with SciFi in charge anything is possible.
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                              a 1.2(5) would be awesome
                              I would prefer a 1.4, but that would really be pushing it.

edit: But for total numbers, that is very possible.
                              sigpic

Comment

1.3 for The Seed would almost gurantee a S6. Of course with SciFi in charge anything is possible.
                                hm IDK about that. SCI FI was happy with the numbers for Adrift and Lifeline (Reunion too?) but this time they'll wait before making a decision. we'll probably know... when? september?

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                                I would prefer a 1.4, but that would really be pushing it.

edit: But for total numbers, that is very possible.
                                LOL 1.4 for live +sd? you're right though, a 1.4 after live +7 is possible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X