X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Repli!kat View Post
    Thanks!
    And I must say that PMS reminds me sometimes of feelings I've had about SGA lately - pissed off and ready to snap someones head off. (Not to mention the slight nausea, bloating and cramps!)
    Let's don't start that again.

Just think of the power you'd have if all you girls got PMS at the same time. Me, I'm just naturally cranky.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Somebody said "PMS" ? *evil grin*
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Fran is sweet, naive and cute... But unfortunately challenging Dr. Elizabeth Weir requires to take up some mannerisms from the actress who portrayed the character originally. It's up to the Fran-actress to learn and bring that out, if that's idea. It's like being bodyswapped... You need to take up the other's mannerism like Ben Browder does so brilliantly when Crighton and Rygel are swapped.

You can't just channel a consciousness... It needs to be aware in speech and acting.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Fran is sweet, naive and cute... But unfortunately challenging Dr. Elizabeth Weir requires to take up some mannerisms from the actress who portrayed the character originally. It's up to the Fran-actress to learn and bring that out, if that's idea. It's like being bodyswapped... You need to take up the other's mannerism like Ben Browder does so brilliantly when Crighton and Rygel are swapped.

You can't just channel a consciousness... It needs to be aware in speech and acting.
          LoL. I was so avoiding giving this episode as an example of how not to do body swaps, as only Ben Browder seemed to even try...
          *is being attacked by nostalgia.*
          *pop goes the DVD with Holiday*
          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

The title of the episode is Ghost in the Machine, I think. My guess is that this will only be a "ghost" of Weir, not quite the Weir we had for three seasons. So the actress won't have to necessarily pick up any of Weir's mannerisms. Or won't anyway, because who cares? That would be a tiny bit of continuity, and who needs that? The real Weir was killed offscreen in TMC, and all we'll get is a hack-job of a seance for this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
              They aren't writing stories for fans, but for themselves.
              And how sad is it that Mallozzi and Co. have actually admitted that? On more than one occaision - the quote always seems to go along the lines of "we're writing for a show that we want to watch". It's really bad that they have become too comfortable in their group and have no voice of reason to remind them that they are supposed to be writing for us. They have a case of groupthink, which I believe marielabbott once posted about. With all of them writing for what they want to watch, it makes me wonder if they're all the same person.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              Meanwhile I read a quote today that reminded me of TPTB.
              ...he would not be able to get a clue if he went out into a field full of horny clues during clue mating season, smeared his naked body with clue musk, and danced the ritual clue mating dance.
              That made my day.

Fran is sweet, naive and cute... But unfortunately challenging Dr. Elizabeth Weir requires to take up some mannerisms from the actress who portrayed the character originally. [...]
              Another example - from SGA's good days - is Hewlett in Duet. When he "was" Cadman he had it down really well - everything from the sexy walk to the mannerisms and down to the vocal inflections.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                And how sad is it that Mallozzi and Co. have actually admitted that? On more than one occaision - the quote always seems to go along the lines of "we're writing for a show that we want to watch". It's really bad that they have become too comfortable in their group and have no voice of reason to remind them that they are supposed to be writing for us. They have a case of groupthink, which I believe marielabbott once posted about. With all of them writing for what they want to watch, it makes me wonder if they're all the same person.
                What's even worse is that they have also admitted in the past that they don't even watch the finished product.

No wonder they have no clue as to how what they've written has translated on screen.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
                  What's even worse is that they have also admitted in the past that they don't even watch the finished product.

No wonder they have no clue as to how what they've written has translated on screen.
                  Sparky!!!!!!!

Sorry people. I had to.
                  I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

Do you have an editic memory, Reiko? I did post about groupthink awhile ago...from the outside looking in, it appears like that kind of thought process is influencing some of the decisions TBTB are making.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groupthink

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                      LoL. I was so avoiding giving this episode as an example of how not to do body swaps, as only Ben Browder seemed to even try...
                      I had seen an icon somewhere with Crighton as Rygel so my mind was using that as an example. I though that was a funny episode.

Comment

I had seen an icon somewhere with Crighton as Rygel so my mind was using that as an example. I though that was a funny episode.
                        Let us not compare Farscape to SGA . We are insulting the Farscape people

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                          Let us not compare Farscape to SGA . We are insulting the Farscape people
                          Oh yeah, I'm sorry.

Comment

these are teh guys that think comics and anime are the height of sophistication

and yeah, if they never watch the finished product then they can't know how 'good' their ideas translated
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah, I'm sorry.
                              We love you toooooo much to stay mad at you

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                                Sparky!!!!!!!

Sorry people. I had to.
                                And they wonder why Sheyla isn't getting across?

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                                Do you have an editic memory, Reiko? I did post about groupthink awhile ago...from the outside looking in, it appears like that kind of thought process is influencing some of the decisions TBTB are making.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groupthink
                                Yeah, I tend to remember little irrelevant things but forget the important stuff They are groupthinking. No one to perform their checks and balances except the lemmings, the the lemmings are never right ...

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                these are teh guys that think comics and anime are the height of sophistication
                                and yeah, if they never watch the finished product then they can't know how 'good' their ideas translated
                                They're not very sophisticated. And maybe the don't watch the finished project because they have full confidence in their surpreme brilliance in the field of television production. They have more important things to do than review their finished product - like screaming bloody murder on their blogs or p*ssing of the contingent lemmings - because they are just that good

Comment

Working...
                                X