This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    As much as a Weir fan I am, it's not going to happen. The show maintained it's viewers and after from what I heard from SCI FI, likely had more viewers this recent 2nd half than all of Season 3.
    Low ratings would cause them to question their decisions but decent ratings tend not to.

However, according to Joe Malozzi's blog, someone at SciFi is pushing back on a scripts regardless of the ratings results. They aren't exactly getting a free ride from the network.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
      Low ratings would cause them to question their decisions but decent ratings tend not to.

However, according to Joe Malozzi's blog, someone at SciFi is pushing back on a scripts regardless of the ratings results. They aren't exactly getting a free ride from the network.
      I think after PKJ and Flash Gordon the network wants to make sure they have more say in it. They will likely be very cautious with "Sanctuary" and may actually work with the shows producers to see what fits best.

As per SGA, I think Carson's return was truly a network publicity ratings ploy. Joe M said in his blog that Mark Stern was a big factor in Carson's return to "Recurring" status. That episode delivered good Ratings. So they basically were successful in that end. Of course it's hard to prove if Carson was the reason or if the light network competition was also a factor.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
        I haven't seen more ridiculous and idiotic idea in my life. I wonder what <snip>
        PM, please

You can't expect that current TPTB will leave SGA for good. What will they do? They've been writing weird and ridiculous stories and I doubt that someone will hire them.

They aren't writing stories for fans, but for themselves.
        Look more like they ran out of ideas... In sci-fi, this process usually starts when the writers start showing total disregard to the laws of physics (I don't know why, but as far as I know, the worst affronts to physics have been commited by Mallozzi, Mullie and Gero - Gero being the worst. And McCollough is showing that physics is not exactly one of his strengths either)

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post

That sounds like one of the SciFi executives is an anti

Comment

This is veeerrryyy interesting.

http://www.syfyportal.com/news424829.html
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Tell me what I'm missing that's so very interesting, Red. Seems like the usual Skiffy junk to me, plus Caprica news.

Meanwhile I read a quote today that reminded me of TPTB.

Originally posted by Luna Marine
            ...he would not be able to get a clue if he went out into a field full of horny clues during clue mating season, smeared his naked body with clue musk, and danced the ritual clue mating dance.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
              PM, please
              you have PM
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                Tell me what I'm missing that's so very interesting, Red. Seems like the usual Skiffy junk to me, plus Caprica news.

Meanwhile I read a quote today that reminded me of TPTB.

They are developing 5 new shows for SciFi. Perhaps SGA won't be all they have, hmm?
                sigpic

Comment

you have PM
                  Thanks

Comment

you have PM
                    I have PMS

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      They are developing 5 new shows for SciFi. Perhaps SGA won't be all they have, hmm?
                      Actually most of them are 2 ep pilots or mini-series. The only full series show is "Sanctuary". Atlantis has their set fan base, and after the final numbers for the 2nd half those numbers have increased. SGA also does not require much promotion like a new series does. Atlantis has their fan base and the network knows they are a strong "work horse" that still pulls in the money for them.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Repli!kat View Post
                        I have PMS
                        Honey, menopause will take care of that. But SGA may bring it back. Heh. Red wine and dark chocolate. Prescribed by Dr. Red. Apply liberally and call me tomorrow.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                          Actually most of them are 2 ep pilots or mini-series. The only full series show is "Sanctuary". Atlantis has their set fan base, and after the final numbers for the 2nd half those numbers have increased. SGA also does not require much promotion like a new series does. Atlantis has their fan base and the network knows they are a strong "work horse" that still pulls in the money for them.
                          Yes Brian. But don't pilots sometimes become series? Would it be too much of a stretch to think they plan to make actual shows out of the pilots like they did with SGA? Just wonderin'.
                          sigpic

Comment

Skiffy is always developing a slew of stuff. Most of it usually tanks... or earns stellar ratings when it should tank. *shrug* Now if Caprica launches to spectacular ratings and the numbers stay high that might indicate something. But then again, maybe not. Skiffy plays by its own rulebook and I'm not sure anyone outside the corporate offices understands it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                              Skiffy is always developing a slew of stuff. Most of it usually tanks... or earns stellar ratings when it should tank. *shrug* Now if Caprica launches to spectacular ratings and the numbers stay high that might indicate something. But then again, maybe not. Skiffy plays by its own rulebook and I'm not sure anyone outside the corporate offices understands it.
                              Oh, thanks for the info. Maybe it would help if they paid as much attention to the shows they already have. Nah.
                              sigpic

Comment

Honey, menopause will take care of that. But SGA may bring it back. Heh. Red wine and dark chocolate. Prescribed by Dr. Red. Apply liberally and call me tomorrow.
                                Thanks!
                                And I must say that PMS reminds me sometimes of feelings I've had about SGA lately - pissed off and ready to snap someones head off. (Not to mention the slight nausea, bloating and cramps!)

Comment

Working...
                                X