This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    You guys were busy while I was tossing and turning sleeping, but I feel like adding my .02. In the commentary for Sunday, Gero says there are 3 scenes that set up the relationship between S/T. First I went WTF? But then I guessed he means the scene with Teyla and her friend, the Ronon/Shep scene talking about women and the infirmary scene with S/T. Otherwise, I'm clueless.

When I saw Sunday, I thought it could be an Athosian because of Teyla's indication that she knew him better than her friend. But then it could also be John. The real question is why Dr. Exploded Chick thought he'd never make the first move.

And this is not the first time they have had to come back and explain themselves. I remember a lot of furious backpedaling over a certain hug. You see they have a plan, and darn it those pesky fans sometimes miss their plan but that's not going to stop them from shoving it down their throats or telling them they are imagining what they see on the screen.

One of my favorite lines ever in a movie is in Duck Soup. It's widely attributed to Groucho but is actually spoken by Chico Marx dressed up as Groucho and is roughly Who are you going to believe, me or your own lying eyes? This IMHO is the philosophy of TPTB and their willing accomplices in fandom.

I liked Fran too. I thought she was sweet and naive and the actress did a really good job. But she's not Elizabeth.
    You all are so chatty! Lot's to catch up.

When I watched Sunday, I thought the opposite of what MG's commentary mentions. I thought they were yanking the mat out from Sheylas. I mean, let' see, "I have a crush" or whatever the exact dialog was, she mentions the person wasn't anyone on Atlantis. OK, misdirection maybe? Second scene, with Ronon & John - hmmm did anyone notice the scrunched up ewww face of John in this scene? Yes! Another misdirection. The infirmary scene? How many times has he visited & conversed with injured team mates? Oh wait! The 3rd misdirection.

They continually project Shep as a threat to Teyla. Think about her dreams in Doppleganger. Let's take which episode was it when she revealed her pregnancy? It's intimidation, through & through. If that's love, boy I must be doing something wrong. Actually, please let me have my own relationships PTB - because your notion of a real relationship is so screwed up, you need therapy on a daily basis.

The thing with FRAN. She was nice. I wasn't head over heels like some other folks, but she was sweet. She served a purpose, sacrificed herself and all that jazz. Now they are going to mess up another one. Hurrayy!! It must be some kind of record for a TV show, as to how many characters they can & will mess up. Even Carter wasn't safe from being butchered on Atlantis, and that was one of their favorites!

My bet is, they will at some point sacrifice Lorne. More screen time for Larrin & Vega, or whatever other "hot" female characters they can bring in. Maybe they should introduce a strip club in Atlantis, so the men can hang out?
    Last edited by justhere1971; 19 March 2008, 06:07 AM. Reason: typo
    sig made by me

Comment

Why would FRAN be Weir? It does not make sense!!!!! Geez, TPTB need a cold shower. We loved FRAN and now they want to destroy her too? Gimme a break

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
        Well, what's the bet that
        Spoiler:
        Fran sticks around as a replacement Elizabeth. hey presto -- goodbye Elizabeth, hello hot young chick with Elizabeth's brain. I hope Torri doesn't watch this ****. It'd be too painful to watch what they've done to a character she gave everything to for three years
        This reminds me of a Friends episode where Joey's Days Of Our Lives character gets a brain transplant and ends up a woman in a man's body. Now that happened on a soap in a sitcom and it was funny how ridiculous it was, they were ridiculing soaps, but here, in what supposed to be a serious SciFi show, what they're doing is nothing but lame, ridiculous, laughable, you know, the words that describe Mallozzi's work. How can some people still watch this pile of offensive-to-human-brain horse manure that man is offering to viewers?
        Last edited by Celcool; 19 March 2008, 07:06 AM.
        Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
        at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

I haven't seen more ridiculous and idiotic idea in my life. I wonder what <snip>
          Last edited by Skydiver; 19 March 2008, 06:56 AM.
          Stolen Kosovo
          sigpic

Comment

I wish the writers would buy a vowel and get a clue as to what the fans want from the show. They seem to be completely clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
              I wish the writers would buy a vowel and get a clue as to what the fans want from the show. They seem to be completely clueless.
              As much as a Weir fan I am, it's not going to happen. The show maintained it's viewers and after from what I heard from SCI FI, likely had more viewers this recent 2nd half than all of Season 3. I saw Torri returning for a few guest eps in Season 5 as an opportunity for future seasons with a bigger role, she may never have been the leader of Atlantis again but she could of been some ally and whatnot with a significant role. Oh well so much for that idea. That is the only regrets I have for Season 5. Oh and give Carson a few more eps. a healthy 7 or 8 sounds good. According to Paul McGillion and Joe M it is not written in stone the 5 eps. After "The Kindred" he truly delivered and he needs to be the main focus and not just a few min background scenes here and there, that is not cool.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                This reminds me of a Friends episode where Joey's Days Of Our Lives character gets a brain transplant and ends up a woman in a man's body. Now that happened on a soap in a sitcom and it was funny how ridiculous it was, they were ridiculing soaps, but here, in what supposed to be a serious SciFi show, what they're doing is nothing but lame, ridiculous, laughable, you know, the words that describe Mallozzi's work. How can some people still watch this pile of offensive-to-human-brain horse manure that man is offering to viewers?
                LOL. I love DOOL. *stop* Right now there's a character whose personality has been downloaded onto a disk. Great chance for the actor to play a sociopath. LOL. Sometimes that show is more SciFi than SGA. Maybe they should switch writers.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Dragging away from the serious to the **completely** serious --- I'm worried about Ronon's haircut...

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                    And feminists say that men are pigs... They should clean theirr own house first and then criticise us
                    It's only equality, dear ...

When I saw Sunday, I thought it could be an Athosian because of Teyla's indication that she knew him better than her friend. But then it could also be John. The real question is why Dr. Exploded Chick thought he'd never make the first move.
                    I don't think Carson would make the first move. It fits in my book

I liked Fran too. I thought she was sweet and naive and the actress did a really good job. But she's not Elizabeth.
                    Exactly. I wasn't crazy about Fran as some fans were but I really liked her naivete. But she can never ever be Elizabeth.

Comment

LOL. I love DOOL. *stop* Right now there's a character whose personality has been downloaded onto a disk. Great chance for the actor to play a sociopath. LOL. Sometimes that show is more SciFi than SGA. Maybe they should switch writers.
                      I'm for anything that would put the SGA killers out of the job. It couldn't get worse than it already is.
                      Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                      at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

I cannot believe what i'm reading. Fran is gonna be weir sort of, WTF!!!!!! Are they letting 5 year olds write series 5 of Atlantis, no sorry, that is insulting to 5 year olds everywhere.

Fran was ok but basically most people liked her coz she was young and hot and we seem to have enough of them filling up series 5 already. The more I read about it the more I dont wanna watch it next season. I might ask someone to watch it for me first then tell me when to fast forward the Keller/Larrin etc bits so it wont seem so bad!

It's like TPTB are sat in their little office and are trying to p### off the fans on purpose, what crappy story can we come up with this week? It doesn't really matter about the story or the fans as long as there is a really hot young chick in the episode! How close do you think I am?
                        sigpic

Comment

Did I travel back in time in my sleep ? This is like SG-1 cancellation after math all over again

Comment

i think it's far more likely that 'mmhm, ok, so we can't have torri....what will we do.....mmhm, you know, we already know ONE replicator, and the actress is a nice girl and.....

and it was just a matter of convenience. Kinda like using Woolsey to replace sam. Who cares if the character fits as long as we have an actor we like to work with
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                              I'm for anything that would put the SGA killers out of the job. It couldn't get worse than it already is.
                              You can't expect that current TPTB will leave SGA for good. What will they do? They've been writing weird and ridiculous stories and I doubt that someone will hire them.

They aren't writing stories for fans, but for themselves.
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                                They've been writing weird and ridiculous stories and I doubt that someone will hire them
                                Have you seen Smallville ? That shows TPTB make this shows TPTB look good

Comment

Working...
                                X