• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
    Nope.
    We are the minority so we don't count

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRasschaert View Post
      I totally agree with you elliecat. I also liked Weir because she was a strong female character that could handle leading the Atlantis expedition. Sam didn't do that bad either. She had the handle both the scientific and military side of the expedition. Than again, Weir did do that as well. They really handled it well in First Strike and in No Mans Land where her leadership was questioned and passed over. Her reactions were genuine and true.
      Let's review, shall we? Strong female characters, good actresses, appeal to female viewers and men who aren't intimidated by strong women, don't show their boobs, over 35. There's only one solution. They have to go.

And I know AT left willingly, but they certainly had not done anything with her in S4. S5 would have been more of her asking Sheppard what he thought and then nodding. I'm glad at least one of them got to make her own decisions.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I just wished that Torri Higginson was in s7 Lost City instead of Jessica Steen.
        One thing bothered me of that two-parter. When she walked out of her house talking on the phone, she mentions that she couldn't get "her" of the phone. I always wondered what she meant by "her"?

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
          What picture? This one?

***heeee heee heeee***

That is what I call...bondage

You evil person.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Since N. John Smith admitted in the latest Stargate mag that the networks wanted them to target the 18-45 male demographic, I think our opinion no longer counts. If it ever did. Does anyone else think that is a very wide range? Do all men in that group just want boobs and bombs? And are they truly the largest group of tv viewers out there? I think this whole idea is outdated, but what do I know?
          What? You think our opinion ever counted? We're idealists, people who expect science fiction to be better and different and soem of us are - dare I say - hopeless romantics? We don't care about bombs and boobs, we care about the story and characters and apparently we are on "unwanted" list.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
          They're just confirming what we already figured out for ourselves. *shrug*

I watched Kindred and I gotta say, the set-up for Teyla's baby is just... appalling. Just thinking about the likely directions things will go makes my skin crawl. As I said elsewhere, I wish that just once we could have a normal pregnancy and a normal baby with no connections whatsoever to any evil plots.
          Normal pregnancy? Where's the fun in that? It has to be connected with evil schemes! Hail cliche!!!

I totally agree with you elliecat. I also liked Weir because she was a strong female character that could handle leading the Atlantis expedition. Sam didn't do that bad either. She had the handle both the scientific and military side of the expedition. Than again, Weir did do that as well. They really handled it well in First Strike and in No Mans Land where her leadership was questioned and passed over. Her reactions were genuine and true.
          Weir was: too old, wrinkled, too smart, intimidating woman in charge over the boys club and she had to go. Period. /snark

I wonder what happened to my nice persona today.
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            I wonder what happened to my nice persona today.
            I betcha it took a walk with mine.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Holding hands?

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                Holding hands?
                That's possible yes...
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Aiming their bows of doom ... somewhere.
                  I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    And mine. We're starting a parade!

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      Since N. John Smith admitted in the latest Stargate mag that the networks wanted them to target the 18-45 male demographic, I think our opinion no longer counts. If it ever did. Does anyone else think that is a very wide range? Do all men in that group just want boobs and bombs? And are they truly the largest group of tv viewers out there? I think this whole idea is outdated, but what do I know?
                      I'm in that group, but it sure takes a lot more than boobs and bombs to satisfy my needs

Originally posted by elliecat View Post
                      my biggest complaint about series 5 is making keller a regular because the network wants male viewers? because she is a crap character i cant see why they keep her otherwise.

that is just insulting to men and women. dont they realise that people like REAL characters that are interesting? (like carson) obviously not! i would imagine that at least half atlantis viewers are female?

i really liked wier she was a strong female character (something lacking in most shows.)

they need to realise that sci-fi fans have brains and will stay loyal and not stop watching just because there arent enough boobs on show!

bring the family back together!
                      I liked Weir... Too bad she's not there anymore

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                      Normal pregnancy? Where's the fun in that? It has to be connected with evil schemes! Hail cliche!!!
                      A normal pregnancy means a lot of throwing up, food cravings (might've been interesting) and no fighting scenes

Comment

yesterday, when i got to see kindred, i cringed

Spoiler:
                        during teyla's scenes with michael. and i flashed back to something amanda once said waayyy back in season 4-5ish. people were asking her if she'd have a child - too personal i know - and her response was along the line of 'i really can't as long as the show is in production because sam can't be pregnant, and really i'm afraid what the writers would do with the pregnancy'

i feel the same way for rachel. it was, this sounds odd, but almost humiliating to have her baby turned into a plot device

as to carson...hello reset switch. I think they'll handle his eventual 'permanent' return with all the grace and tact that they used wiht rachel's pregnancy....ie none.

I feel a bit of pity for the actors that have events in their lives almost mocked
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

well at least her pregnancy was written in after the producers found out she was pregnant. On Angel, Charisma Carpenter's character Cordelia wasn't so lucky. She was written out and after her baby was born in season 5, was killed off.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                            A normal pregnancy means a lot of throwing up, food cravings (might've been interesting) and no fighting scenes
                            I can say the first 2 are the truth

Comment

well at least her pregnancy was written in after the producers found out she was pregnant. On Angel, Charisma Carpenter's character Cordelia wasn't so lucky. She was written out and after her baby was born in season 5, was killed off.
                              it is very possible that rachel had some say in it.

and by that i mean, she was likely asked something along the line of "well, do you want to work and we'll write it in? or do you want to take the year off and we'll put teyla somewhere for a year" or possibly something along that line.

in amanda's case, it's my understanding that she was 'umm, when we start taping again i'm gonna be 8 months pregnant, so no, i'm not comeing back until 6 weeks after the baby is born'

y point is, without prying into the actor's private lives because we have no right to do that, rachel likely consented to having her pregnancy written in.

but it's not that it WAS written in, it's the how.
                              Spoiler:

did we REALLY need her son to be a hybrid? why couldn't we just have a regular, normal baby? what is so horrible with a normal baby? do ALL scifi kids have to be saviors of the universe? or the goal of the evil villian?

why can't they just be kids
                              ?
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Might have been more interesting if, say, everything was going along fine but then the pregnancy started to develop complications which were traced back to having two Wraithy parents, necessitating various raids on Wraith facilities and/or deals worked out with Todd in order to find something to help the sproglet-to-be. No Michael, no nefarious plans, just a desperate rush to save the life of an unborn child. And since we're talking complete fantasy, here, maybe it'll turn out that Ford has the answer. He's half-Wraith himself, after all, and has been experimenting in those areas. You could bring him back into the fold and maybe helping Teyla will help restore some of his sanity, enough to allow Team Atlantis to help him. Thus two lives can be saved, an old wrong can be put right and we can have a baby who isn't part of an evil plot but who still manages not to be entirely normal, since gods forbid there should be a normal baby born on a scifi show.

Comment

Working...
                                X