X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Days of Our Gates
    Oh I think days of our lives had better plots than SGA now.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      I am concerned about what kind of role the baby will have next season. Everything else I think will be great, especially after watching the Kindred. Just have to watch it before we make a final judgement on it.
      I share that same concerns. I certainly don't expect the baby to be normal in this arc.

New Adria? I don't think so.

Micheal kidnapping the child and making him into his own son...real head trip...yeah, that could happen.
      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        as atlantis turns
        Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Days of Our Gates
        Originally posted by erb View Post
        The Young and the Wretched
        As the gate spins
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          As the gate spins
          Maybe The Young and the Wraithful to associate it with SGA.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            as atlantis turns
            ...into dust?

Comment

We need SORA BACK!!!

Comment

are you kidding me? they way they're going Sora woudl end up being Weir's half cloned sister or something silly like that. or, after the baby grows up impossibly fast (yeah, i know joe said he wouldn't but i dont' trust them to not pull something....like baby comes back from the future all grown up) he meets sora and falls in love and we have the dwama of teyla's daughter in law being the woman that hates her guts...course they dont' know about it for a while
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Lucius will fix things

****runs out before you lot throw tomatoes ****

Comment

Speaking of Sora, that was a bit of a humongous plot hole TPTB made by not showing us her release in... was it Storm/Eye? I know TPTB have gone on record explaining it, but if you haven't read those comments or if we lived in an age where such info could not be easily disseminated, that'd be a big honkin' thing to overlook. Did this kind of thing happen a lot in the pre-internet days? Or do producers slack off more now knowing that they can "get away" with inconsistencies like that just by explaining it online or in interviews or DVD commentaries? Or is it strictly a PTB thing?

Anyway, to be a little more on topic, what were Joe's EXACT words? Because if he said the baby won't grow up "overnight" all that means is that it could be a slow process, taking place over a couple of days and probably covered by a montage in one ep. Or it could mean that we'll be dealing with a Preternatural Tyke. He can magically grow up to somewhere between five and fourteen, which is older than newborn but still not technically Grown Up. Depending on whether you figure 18 or 21 is an adult, he could wind up at any age before that. Joe is tricksy and lies with the truth. Don't breathe any sighs of relief yet.

Comment

i wil be SHOCKED if the kid stays a kid.

my money is on, before s5 is over, the kid will be full grown in some way.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                        Joe is tricksy and lies with the truth. Don't breathe any sighs of relief yet.
                        Hee...lying with the truth. Quite the talent.

Comment

Oh sure, the Preternatural Tyke will just be a stepping stone. By going through that stage first, though, it fits Joe's promise of him not growing up "overnight."

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                            Anyway, to be a little more on topic, what were Joe's EXACT words?
                            The exact words were that the baby would not be rapid growing or conveniently written out via sci-fi means.

EDIT: Source - comments for December 15th entry (he answered a couple of questions in the comments).

Spoiler:
                            Naur writes: ” will motherhood be developed (unlike the Vala situation)?”

Well, I don’t want to give too much away but I will say this: Teyla’s baby will not be rapid-growing or conveniently written out via scifi means.
                            Last edited by Killdeer; 02 March 2008, 03:01 PM.
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                              The exact words were that the baby would not be rapid growing or conveniently written out via sci-fi means. I'll be back with the link in a moment, but that is what he said.
                              Meaning it will be conveniently written out or rapidly-grown by non-sci-fi means.

i.e. It just wont be seen, it will die off natural causes, go off to live with the Athosians and turn up a teenager in s6 without any explanation etc.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                                The exact words were that the baby would not be rapid growing or conveniently written out via sci-fi means. I'll be back with the link in a moment, but that is what he said.
                                Any chance you could point me also in the direction where he said Teyla was going to have an arc or development or whatever...cause I'm quite sure he said that, unless I'm dreaming which is possible of course... I'm projecting things.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X