This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
    Exactly, why couldn't Teyla have been charge of the all-girl team?
    Because she's Athosian. They would never allow someone who wasn't from Earth to lead a team, no matter how much they 'trusted' them. Simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
      Because she's Athosian. They would never allow someone who wasn't from Earth to lead a team, no matter how much they 'trusted' them. Simple as that.
      Yet, she's been allowed to oversee Atlantis in Elizabeth's absence. I would think that would be more of a problem for them than her, a Pegasus galaxy resident, leading an Earth team on missions within that galaxy.
      sigpic
      Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
        Yet, she's been allowed to oversee Atlantis in Elizabeth's absence. I would think that would be more of a problem for them than her, a Pegasus galaxy resident, leading an Earth team on missions within that galaxy.
        .: I would think the same that it would be more of a problem. I thought it was spiffy they put her temporarily in charge Shep or Rodney would probably be is charge but they were 'dead' (again), so ...

Comment

Teyla can be in charge of Atlantis because she will be constantly surrounded by non-barbarians Earth personnel, many of whom are smarter than outrank her and can seize control the moment she looks incompetent ready to stage a hostile takeover too emotional the least bit iffy about anything. They can advise her about any protocols that she is too primitive may not know, being an alien a dirty barbarian a girl a dirty alien barbarian girl non-SGC staff.

Putting her in charge of a team, though, would be crazy stupid dangerous unwise as they'd be far, far away from Atlantis on some unknown world with only, what, maybe three other people around to take her down when she does any of her dirty alien barbarian girl hostile takeover-ing if things go wrong.

Comment

.: I can't green you, ShadowMaat - but mental green

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              Teyla can be in charge of Atlantis because she will be constantly surrounded by non-barbarians Earth personnel, many of whom are smarter than outrank her and can seize control the moment she looks incompetent ready to stage a hostile takeover too emotional the least bit iffy about anything. They can advise her about any protocols that she is too primitive may not know, being an alien a dirty barbarian a girl a dirty alien barbarian girl non-SGC staff.

Putting her in charge of a team, though, would be crazy stupid dangerous unwise as they'd be far, far away from Atlantis on some unknown world with only, what, maybe three other people around to take her down when she does any of her dirty alien barbarian girl hostile takeover-ing if things go wrong.
              LOL..that's a classic. Tried to green ya...but it won't let me.

Need to add: Little Teyla is a woman and should stay home and take care of junior while the boys go save the day.
              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                LOL..that's a classic. Tried to green ya...but it won't let me.

Need to add: Little Teyla is a woman and should stay home and take care of junior while the boys go save the day.
                Haha. Yes.

Just went by JM's blog, btw. He has pics of the Stargate Barbies. I mean, all female team.

Seriously, this has to be a nail in the coffin of this show. What on earth is the reasoning behind an all female team? I mean woman in charge? Sure, I'm up for that. But all female team?? Given the male to female ratio in the military, that must take up a significant proportion of their female population.

What a crock.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  These writers seem to be in a rut to me. Burned out maybe. Even the new blood is burned out. I'm looking at you Martin Gero. We've gone from the wonder that was TS/TE, Siege 1,2,3 to Harmony and Trio. Something's not right. The thrill seems to be gone, and I think it's a shame.

There are a lot of situations that I would love to see these guys in, in various combinations. But they can't seem to get past ways to showcase McKay yet again, and lately to make Sheppard look incompetent or just plain silly. Why did I love Outcast so much? No McKay, and there we had take charge Shep at his best. It also proved he can be emotional without it involving Rodney. More please.
                  Find myself lurking the anti thread again....

Burned out or just dosen´t care anymore - eager to start something new, Stargate Universe? And just let SGA self die perhaps?

As for Rodney, he´s always been one of my fav characters (really!) but they managed to spoil that to with the travesty Trio (Worst SGA ep ever! Three people trapped in a hole, yeah that´s really good scifi. . )

Suddenly Rodney is a sexist 40 year old virgin?
                  And to top it, all three start´s to badmouthing (is that a word?) Zelenka, Rodney actually saying he doesn´t like Zelenka??? Were did that come from? (no one ever had a problem with Zelenka until Keller showed up..)

Now that´s all I can think of when Rodney and Zelenka have a scene together, it just isn´t funny anymore - Rodney doesn´t like him and the writers make him look as some sort of hair-smelling-pervo
                  Arrrrgggggg!!

And of topic just because I´m in the arrrrrrgggg mood - I really wish the shippers would spoiler tag the ship-banners when posting on other threads!!!Some of them just make my stomach turn.....*Yew*
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Lenas View Post
                    Ah, the lure of the anti-thread ...

Just had a look at the details on The Queen - Oh goddess, why oh why! I'm not going to keep my hopes up this will be Teyla's big episode for season 5, you know the token one. Sounds like most of the screentime will be for Todd and the big hero's Shep and Rod. *sigh*
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Charlie's Angels - Atlantis style! How exceptionally original!
                      sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                        Charlie's Angels - Atlantis style! How exceptionally original!
                        The female team is not worthy of that name...since it's already taken...

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Ah, the lure of the anti-thread ...
                          (FH - I didn´t mean that your banners makes me hurl - only the Keller shipy ones.....but that´s another thread.....)
                          Spoiler:

Comment

And the fact that Shep and McKay have to be in every single episode (did we ever have that rule with anybody else? no) undermines this possibility. I'm not saying they would have zip screentime. I'm saying that they should have a minor B-story, or at least be separated.
                            I'm not aware of such a rule - Outcast? Trio? I liked Outcast, but Trio sucked big time IMO - because of the presence of Carter & Keller & a stupid plot line. And that's a bigger problem IMO than who is or isn't in an ep - what the quality of the plot is & the performances. I was skeptical about Midway because I'm not fond of SG-1 popping up all the time, but the focus on Ronon with Shep & McKay in the B plot worked for many. What isn't clear is that TPTB will spend more time on these kinds of eps. in s5 & I hope they do (I just don't have a lot of confidence on this).

Little Teyla is a woman and should stay home and take care of junior while the boys go save the day.
                            Maybe this will help? - the latest spoilers say Shep is the one baby sitting ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              The female team is not worthy of that name...since it's already taken...

You need to modify that . Take out Kate and Mommy, add Keller and Vega or Sagat or whatever her name is .

**hee heee, heee **

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
                                Haha. Yes.

Just went by JM's blog, btw. He has pics of the Stargate Barbies. I mean, all female team.

Seriously, this has to be a nail in the coffin of this show. What on earth is the reasoning behind an all female team? I mean woman in charge? Sure, I'm up for that. But all female team?? Given the male to female ratio in the military, that must take up a significant proportion of their female population.

What a crock.
                                Most women in the military who looks like these girls end up being aides to Generals at the Pentagon, not chasing aliens in another galaxy.

Originally posted by Lenas View Post

Burned out or just dosen´t care anymore - eager to start something new, Stargate Universe? And just let SGA self die perhaps?

As for Rodney, he´s always been one of my fav characters (really!) but they managed to spoil that to with the travesty Trio (Worst SGA ep ever! Three people trapped in a hole, yeah that´s really good scifi. . )

Suddenly Rodney is a sexist 40 year old virgin?
                                And to top it, all three start´s to badmouthing (is that a word?) Zelenka, Rodney actually saying he doesn´t like Zelenka??? Were did that come from? (no one ever had a problem with Zelenka until Keller showed up..)

Now that´s all I can think of when Rodney and Zelenka have a scene together, it just isn´t funny anymore - Rodney doesn´t like him and the writers make him look as some sort of hair-smelling-pervo
                                Arrrrgggggg!!

And of topic just because I´m in the arrrrrrgggg mood - I really wish the shippers would spoiler tag the ship-banners when posting on other threads!!!Some of them just make my stomach turn.....*Yew*
                                If you liked Trio, you're gonna love Whispers. Six people trapped in a cave. With monsters. LOL.

Oh and who mentioned the Shep and Rodney must show their faces rule? According to JF in the latest Stargate mag, it's the producers who say they want to see everyone's face at least once every episode. Personally, he says he likes the character episodes and would love a three day weekend once in awhile. LOL. He doesn't know that fangirls would revolt. And fanboys.

And Shep babysitting? Where did you get that spoiler, licia? The blurb on the Queen says the whole team goes on the mission. ??? If it's true, I may not watch that one. Though JF with a baby should be sweet.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X