Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam's exit as commander of Atlantis (speculation on how it will occur)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not a die-hard shipper but I think it's high time the producers FINALLY just let Carter and O'Neill both get married and ride off into the eternal sunset of marital bliss.

Amanda Tapping has basically left the Stargate Franchise (that is, if Sanctuary is a success.) RDA has long since left the series in lieu of a few direct-to-DVD movie appearances.

So it's high freakin' time to let Sam and Jack to get married. And pass the torch off to a new generation of Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by markaudette View Post
      I am not a die-hard shipper but I think it's high time the producers FINALLY just let Carter and O'Neill both get married and ride off into the eternal sunset of marital bliss.

Amanda Tapping has basically left the Stargate Franchise (that is, if Sanctuary is a success.) RDA has long since left the series in lieu of a few direct-to-DVD movie appearances.

So it's high freakin' time to let Sam and Jack to get married. And pass the torch off to a new generation of Stargate.
      KUDOS!

I'm a die hard Jack/Sam shipper, and I agree! I think it is time to let Sam be a woman. Let her go to O'Neill. I know the PTB want to. After 11 years, it is time for new SG team members, so let them get married and let them make a stop by the ATL every once in a while!

Comment

Thank you ZiMarquise.

I will have to agree with you. I would very much like to see Sam's last moments in the whole franchise being spent as a woman. With her hair down. No Stargates. No Generals and Captains. No ZPMs. No Ori. No Prometheus. No Naquedah generators. Just being a woman.

Comment

it would be perfect. she says shes needed at area 51. then, a week later, everyone gets a card, wich says shes ,marrying. then they marry on a planet with a beautifull sunset, and eveyone is happy

Comment

I can't imagine tptb doing anything dire to Carter - at least nothing permanently dire. I think ultimately they'd want her go out on a high note. I'm a sucker for a happy ending; I'm hoping she'll get some kind of important science post on Earth, get promoted and get a desk job or something - and finally marry Jack. Maybe they'll even invent some new and cool government position just for her.

That said given the identity of her replacement, it also seems possible that she'll be pulled out of Atlantis because she makes some hard military decision that is essentially the right thing to do, but leaves a lot of people dead/results in a major new threat emerging, etc. Something where everyone on Atlantis knows she didn't have a choice and made the only possible decision in the circumstances, but which would give the IOA an excuse to pull her and replace her with somebody they think is less 'reckless' and easier to control - an administrator. If they do that, I figure they'll ultimately vindicate her in a little mini-arc where they admit they were wrong and Woolsey gets in way over his head, and she turns up as a special guest for a couple of eps to fix everything. Then she can go off to become chief scientist of Earth/marry Jack and have a little SG team of her own.
            'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.' - Nietzsche
            'Real-time genetic mutation. More than human! The next step in our evolution as a species!.' - Lord Kane
            'I don't want to be a *god*. I just want to bring fire to the people - and I want my cut.' - Lex Luthor
            'What one has, one ought to use, and whatever he does he should do with all his might.' - Cicero

Comment

FIRED for "fraternization"
              sigpic
              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
              ~David Hewlett

Comment

From what JM has been hinting at, it would appear that the IOA no longer wishes to have the military in charge of Atlantis. Most likely Carter will be reassigned to the SCG or to Area 51.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                  Yes yes I know. I just hope my old CO didn't see that boo-boo post.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                    how so?

Originally posted by SpetzAU
                    Sam exits due to medical reasons.

No, she's not pregnant.

It's due to back problems from injuries sustained in Trio.

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                    I'm sure you have nothing to worry about
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                      WTF? If you are referring to Sam and Jack they waited so long I can't believe they broke the regs before Jack took up as HWS and before Sam's transfer to area 51 they so got married and since they were not in the chain of command at the time no regs broken

Plus how could she still guest-star if she was fired from the Air-Force?
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

Originally posted by atfan View Post
                        WTF? If you are referring to Sam and Jack they waited so long I can't believe they broke the regs before Jack took up as HWS and before Sam's transfer to area 51 they so got married and since they were not in the chain of command at the time no regs broken

yes well said, she didn't break the regs
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                          yes well said, she didn't break the regs
                          Yes I am glad you agee. To believe otherwise does a disservice to the character she has played for ten years and I doubt the PTB would do that.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                            I know what you mean it would be embarassing ranks are one of the first things you learn never call an enlisted person sir or ma'am and never call anyone by the wrong rank serious bad karma.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yes I am glad you agee. To believe otherwise does a disservice to the character she has played for ten years and I doubt the PTB would do that.
                              yeah I really don't worry about these kind of things. I'm sure TBTB have found a way to explain Sam's departure and at the same time make it possible for her to return in future eps. as for the regs, screw them. LOL seriously though we've been getting a lot of hints during s9 and 10 of SG-1, add to that the pic of Jack in Sam's suitcase. I still don't get why people might think those two aren't together, I mean it's so obvious. anyway she definitely isn't breaking any rules

I know what you mean it would be embarassing ranks are one of the first things you learn never call an enlisted person sir or ma'am and never call anyone by the wrong rank serious bad karma.
                              err...ok I had no idea
                              sigpic

Comment

You do know that the wedding in episode 200 was a joke, like the rest of the episode?
                                They're not really married.

FF
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X