Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam's exit as commander of Atlantis (speculation on how it will occur)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
    I think the IOA wants control over Atlantis and that's the reason for Woolsey's introduction. I somehow doubt that Sam will return to Earth because of the events of Continuum because 1) she told Ronon in Midway which measn the team as we know it doesn't exist anymore and 2) Sam was base commander for an entire year, I can't believe she'd just return to her duties as a team member of SG-1 after that
    AT herself said that the timeline of the movies has been changed, since so far it has nothing to do with AoT, I'm guessing it's Continuum. I don't know if it's so that Continuum can happen, or because of what has already happened in it. For 1) true, but it doesn't mean that Teal'c can't come back form time to time and help out. And 2) I agree, from leading the most incredible base/city in the universe to following Mitchell rash decisions, talk about downfall. But just like with Teal'c it doesn't mean she can't join them ocassionaly.

I don't know exactly what is gonig to happen, I just don't want to see the character being ruined, after the development that has been made since SG1's S1.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
      AT herself said that the timeline of the movies has been changed, since so far it has nothing to do with AoT, I'm guessing it's Continuum. I don't know if it's so that Continuum can happen, or because of what has already happened in it.
      I realize that the change in the timeline of the movies is probably because of s4/s5 of Atlantis but I'm not convinced that Sam leaves in order to return to SG-1 for Continuum

For 1) true, but it doesn't mean that Teal'c can't come back form time to time and help out. And 2) I agree, from leading the most incredible base/city in the universe to following Mitchell rash decisions, talk about downfall. But just like with Teal'c it doesn't mean she can't join them ocassionaly.
      you're right they can always return and help out however I believe that both are still members of SG-1 in Continuum. s4 of Atlantis should take place after Continuum which means both Sam and Teal'c have left the team

I don't know exactly what is gonig to happen, I just don't want to see the character being ruined, after the development that has been made since SG1's S1.
      I agree but I have faith in TBTB. Sam is one the most important persons in the SG franchise (next to Jack, Daniel and Teal'c), they won't ruin the character imo. also remember both Amanda and Joe have said they'd like Sam to return to Atlantis in future eps
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

She will be shot. By Mckay.

Comment

Originally posted by wraith form Replicator View Post
          She will be shot. By Mckay.
          um NO
          sigpic

Comment

I think Sam will simply return to the SGC to attend Ba'als execution with SG-1. Why would Sam not want to make sure the execution of the guy that made SG-1s life a living hell for 10 years go through ? That is more then a enough reason for Sam to want to take temporary leave. But obviously something will happen while shes gone to not get her to come back

Comment

Originally posted by JohnRico View Post
              I think Sam will simply return to the SGC to attend Ba'als execution with SG-1. Why would Sam not want to make sure the execution of the guy that made SG-1s life a living hell for 10 years go through ? That is more then a enough reason for Sam to want to take temporary leave. But obviously something will happen while shes gone to not get her to come back
              Why would she? And more importantly, why would her superiors let her leave her post just for the sake of that?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                Why would her superiors let her leave her post just for the sake of that?
                So that Ba'al never has a chance to mess with Earth ? Which he will. I am sure her superiors know how dangerous Ba'al is & can be

Comment

Originally posted by JohnRico View Post
                  So that Ba'al never has a chance to mess with Earth ? Which he will. I am sure her superiors know how dangerous Ba'al is & can be
                  the only problem is that Sam and Teal'c are still members of SG-1 in Continuum
                  sigpic

Comment

the only problem is that Sam and Teal'c are still members of SG-1 in Continuum
                    We don't know for sure, but the real problem is Teal'c's hair! He's got this awful look in Midway totally different from Ark of Truth and in Continuum he's got the same look as in the AoT!

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                      We don't know for sure,
                      but we can be pretty certain imo

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                      but the real problem is Teal'c's hair! He's got this awful look in Midway totally different from Ark of Truth and in Continuum he's got the same look as in the AoT!
                      yeah his hair is the other problem
                      sigpic

Comment

I don't think TPTB are that concerned about sense, continuity and timeline. Let's face it they're not Tolkien!

Comment

yeah his hair is the other problem
                          So he tried out a new style and went back to his old one.

Comment

I don't see that as a problem, he still has the grey stripe from unending and season five of Atlantis is taking place after AOT so he grew out his hair guys can do that he isn't military, no rules being broken.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

Amanda Tapping has left the building...

Said goodbye to Amanda and told her it was a pleasure working with her these past eight years. “Don’t’ be a stranger,”I told her in a particularly emotional moment. “Come back and say hi.” Then was quick add: “But call first so we can clear your name with the guard at the front gate.”
                              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...he-highlights/

Comment

*sniff*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X