This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlueJay
    An episode where the team is on Todds turf for an extended amount of time would be very good to see. It would allow us to see wraith interacting with each other on a more personal level. They would have to have some form of recreation, they could not always be working, though it would probably tie into daily life for them. Maybe some game like chess to teach younger wraith strategy. A training room for sparring would also be used for this, older wraith would also need to keep up their skills, develop defences against newly developed human weapons.
    I suspect they have a lot of training - and a lot of educational labs and stuff. I think of 'busy bees' - I doubt they engage in much recreation, except hunting runners and so forth. That is their sport. And I suspect they are all quite active in making things around the hive, and in improving their skills, and perhaps in tending to young if any are on board.

If team sheppard were aboard Todds hive, how would other wraith view their interaction? Would they resent Todd for bringing them onboard and treating them as equals? If an attempt to feed on one of them by a particularly resentful wraith occured what would Todds and the other wraiths reaction be?
    Since they do interact with human worshippers, I think the Wraith would tolerate the Lanteans okay...if anything, they might have a sort of curiosity about them since - in general - Wraith do not get to know their human food, and you can't really count worshippers because they are a bit subdued within the hive.

I do think Todd might face some opposition by having them on board, and it would be interesting to see one try to feed on a Lantean, and have Todd intervene.

Some things I'd LOVE to see aboard a Wraith ship....

1. Rodney working in Todd's lab for a change...what does it look like? How does Rodney handle the technology?

2. Food. I would LOVE for the Wraith to prepare what they consider a fine feast for their guests - put out the very best of what they have to offer...and have it all be very icky things. The menu may include those giant camel heads (like I said before) - a variety of insects - yucky internal things, like brains and hearts and livers...stuff not everyone likes. It could be quite fun, especially if the Wraith are eager to please their guests, and are watching them in anticipation of the humans enjoying the food...when, in reality, they don't.

3. A Wraith doctor operating on a Lantean to save their life. We got a glimpse of the Wraith surgery in Runner, but I'd like to see more...see how they would treat a sick or wounded patient. Do they use anything to kill the pain? Do they operate on a person while they are awake? What do the Wraith consider to be 'humane' treatment of a patient...'do no harm' - is it in their ability to grasp that idea, or do they think nothing of pain - both when in inflicting it, and when receiving it.

Just some thoughts...

I would love to see an episode where all the leaders of the different wraith factions held a meeting to discuss ways of dealing with some new, stronger enemy and they required the humans help and Todd had to bring in Sheppard and vouch for him in front of all of them. The various reactions the different wraith would have to both shep and todd would be interesting to see.
    Yeah - that would be good. To see a session where several Wraith are debating the value of an alliance with humans would be sweet. To see their reaction to Todd - to Sheppard - to the whole concept of working together with their food source - would be very interesting. Thing is - at least in Star Trek we WOULD get to see things like this - the Klingons arguing amongst themselves over a course of action...but in SGA, it's all done off-screen, and we miss out on so much because of it.

Since they have human worshippers wraith would have to have quarters designed especially for them. The team could stay in here. Don't think they'd get on with the worshippers though. A conversation with them could be quite enlightening. Why would they choose this? (ok, fairly obvious), what is the extent of their interaction with the wraith? How are they generally treated?

More info needed. Maybe season 5. (crosses fingers)
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Worshippers stay in those cocoon things. I think that might even be how all the Wraith sleep...in a small 'cell' (remember The waking scene in The Rising - Wraith - long coats and all - were each in a single cell where they rested until awakening. No beds, no blankets - just encased in membrane.

Yum.

das
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
      'busy bees'
      Some things I'd LOVE to see aboard a Wraith ship....

1. Rodney working in Todd's lab for a change...what does it look like? How does Rodney handle the technology?

2. Food. I would LOVE for the Wraith to prepare what they consider a fine feast for their guests - put out the very best of what they have to offer...and have it all be very icky things.

3. A Wraith doctor operating on a Lantean to save their life. ...see how they would treat a sick or wounded patient. Do they use anything to kill the pain? Do they operate on a person while they are awake?

To see a session where several Wraith are debating the value of an alliance with humans would be sweet. To see their reaction to Todd - to Sheppard - to the whole concept of working together with their food source - would be very interesting.

das
      Busy little bees is probably right, but, what about meditation. Like steve, he seemed calm enough at that time. Spirituality, don't you usually have to be relatively still and reflective. I just saw misbegotten for the first time and weren't that group of human-wraith chanting or humming?

Rodney would be typical Rodney even in Todd's lab. At the end of season two, beginning of three, he says their operating system is a mess. I wonder if he would be game enough to say this in front of a group of wraith scientists.

Wraith food, just like the feast in Indiana Jones and the temple of doom!
      Snake suprise I don't know why but when i was a kid i loved this part of the movie. I wonder if Rodney would faint?

Wraith don't seem to mind pain all that much, they just block it out, and wouldn't need anasthetic (sp?). But, they do have worshippers and it would be really difficult (and irritating to the wraith) to try to treat someone who wouldn't hold still and kept screaming. When a ship is attacked it stands to reason that some of the humans would be injured and unless they have their own human doctors they're going to have to put themselves in the wraiths hands.

I know i said it but after reading your new thread would Todd vouch for Shep?
      I'd like to think he would but after reading all that maybe not. I'm a little intimidated to go and post a reply over there, you have too many thoughts, i really do hope the writers put as much thought into all this as you and others do.
      Last edited by BlueJay; 09 March 2008, 12:01 AM.
      sigpic
      FOR MY HIVE AND MY HIVE ALONE

Comment

Busy little bees is probably right, but, what about meditation. Like steve, he semed calm enough at that time. Spirituality, don't you usually have to be relatively still and reflective. I just saw misbegotten for the first time and weren't that group of human-wraith chanting or humming?
        Yes - that's how they combined their telepathic abilities to contact a hive - cool moment. I forgot about meditation/spirituality. I do believe the Wraith have a sort of spirituality, and find time for reflective meditation. I loved how Steve used meditation to remain calm and controlled in a bad situation...very good.

Rodney would be typical Rodney even in Todd's lab. At the end of season two, beginning of three, he says their operating system is a mess. I wonder if he would be game enough to say this in front of a group of wraith scientists.
        Ah, yes!! Probably not AS messy to the Wraith - but who knows. It seems the keepers were the ones who kept things up and running, and with them making different alliances, those who are newly awakened now must figure everything out after their long sleep. And it seems that when a hive (or any Wraith tech) is damaged, it over-heals (like a scar) - we saw that in the Phantoms episode where the Wraith generator over-healed after being shot by the Genii, making the whole thing quite a mess for Rodney to figure out. Yeah - would love to see Rodney trying to work out the bugs with Todd & Co...and all the Wraith constantly rolling their eyes at his ramblings...

Rodney (buzzing around the control room, talking a mile a minute): "No, no, no - just look a this mess! There's too many redundant umbilicals, and there's no way of telling now which is the original power supply, and which ones relay data...and...and now your operating systems are all interconnected with each other - nothing is isolated. One goes down - they'll all go down. I mean, just look at this! How do you expect to keep your life support running if it's interfaced with...weapons...? You have to redirect these...veins...over to this...WHAT is this? It looks like a giant knee cap! Why does everything in this place look like it's straight out of the Grindhouse movie?!"

Ronon (looking surprised): "You saw Grindhouse?"

Rodney (shuddering): "Not willingly, let me assure you. But if anything in real life resembles the work of flesh-eating zombies, it's the operating systems of a hive ship. No, let me rephrase that...it's the entire hive ship. I mean, there's bones, and umbilicals and veins and membranes all over the place...something over there that looks like the large intestine...and a colon...and...*rambles on and on and on...*

Wraith technician, to Todd: "Commander. Please, I implore you...before he drives us all to the brink of insanity...let me feed on him...NOW..."

Todd (forcing his words out through clenched teeth): "Just keep smiling and nodding...and go to your happy place..."

Wraith (closes eyes and mumbles under his breath): "I'm in my happy place...I'm in my happy place." (To Todd) "It's not working, Commander...I now imagine myself feeding upon him even in my happy place..."

Todd: "Yeah, me too."

Wraith food, just like the feast in Indiana Jones and the temple of doom!
        Snake suprise I don't know why but when i was a kid i loved this part of the movie. I wonder if Rodney would faint?
        Exactly! And Rodney fainting over the sight of it would be priceless!

Wraith don't seem to mind pain all that much, they just block it out, and wouldn't need anasthetic (sp?). But, they do have worshippers and it would be really difficult (and irritating to the wraith) to try to treat someone who wouldn't hold still and kept screaming. When a ship is attacked it stands to reason that some of the humans would be injured and unless they have their own human doctors they're going to have to put themselves in the wraiths hands.
        With Ronon, it seems they paralyzed him, but did not put him to sleep, or do anything to kill the pain. But that was Ronon. Maybe if they were trying to actually HELP a human, they would be more humane.

And can you imagine Todd getting the tracking device implanted? Where did he have it put in? His back? More likely, his arm - somewhere where he could activate it. Did he do it himself? Have it done? And who cut it out (I think Penny Wraith did), and did it hurt? Poor Todd.

I know i said it but after reading your new thread would Todd vouch for Shep?
        If it was to his advantage to do so, yes.
        I'd like to think he would but after reading all that maybe not. I'm a little intimidated to go and post a reply over there, you have too many thoughts, i really do hope the writers put as much thought into all this as you and others do.
        No worries - I'm intimidated now, too! I have to reply to some great comments there, and no idea when I'll find the time today to do so...gotta get to work.

das
        Last edited by dasNdanger; 06 March 2008, 05:48 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

it seems that when a hive (or any Wraith tech) is damaged, it over-heals (like a scar) - we saw that in the Phantoms episode where the Wraith generator over-healed after being shot by the Genii, making the whole thing quite a mess for Rodney to figure out.

Todd (forcing his words out through clenched teeth): "Just keep smiling and nodding...and go to your happy place..."

das
          happy place..... all you can eat rodney buffet

Haven't seen phantoms but i do recall something about it in JM's blog.
          and allies. forgot
          If things got too messy after being attacked so many times they may have to land to do repairs, cut some pieces out.

Would Todds tracking device have been mentally operated.

Todd may think twice before vouching for Shep to other wraith. If Shep and the gang do something bad, and they probably would try something, Todd is going to cop a lot of the blame and he may not see it as being worth his while. If he regaings some of his standing he may not want to jeopardize his position. If queens are usually in charge they would take any reason to knock him down.
          In a previous SG-1 episode there was a congregation of powerful enemies and the Sg team snuck a member in with the intention of a mass poisioning.
          The IOA may see a gathering of powerful wraith too good an opportunity to pass up and order an attack.

there was something else but i forget now. It's to late to think.
          sigpic
          FOR MY HIVE AND MY HIVE ALONE

Comment

I agree with this very long thread that we need more development. I have always liked the wraith, especially Steve, but they didn't get much air time and often ended up dead or never seen again.

Like other people have mentioned above. What do they do for fun? We know they are very smart and they have the science thing down, but what about art? Do they sing, paint, draw, sculpture, and build models or anything like that? Do they fall in love? What do they value in others? What makes one wraith loyal to another? There is always speculation but not any confirmation and I'm glad we are getting to know them (or at least Todd) better now but I really want more.

I love Todd like a lot of other people. I especially want to know how Todd is not in allegiance with or subjugated to, a queen. It makes him very unique at least compared to what we’ve seen before. How does he get other wraith to seemingly step down and let him take command their hives – unless he already had command and his absence didn’t matter? He had the one hive in “The Seer” and that blew up and then in "he Kindred" he mentioned finding the cure for his hive only. How many hives does he have? I have many questions. I hope one day the writers give us the answers…but not too many. I still like the fact that there is a mystic about them.

Basically I agree with all of you. We need more wraith development. They are enjoyable villains, if that makes sense.
            Atlantis Girl

Go to this link to help us keep the wraith on Atlantis - http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/

please sign the save Elizabeth petition to keep her on Atlantis to!
            http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/savedrelizabethweir/

Comment

:Would Todds tracking device have been mentally operated.
              Very possible - it is Wraith-tech, afterall.

Originally posted by Laura the Asgard View Post
              I agree with this very long thread that we need more development. I have always liked the wraith, especially Steve, but they didn't get much air time and often ended up dead or never seen again.
              Yeah - in a way I think they were very foolish for so easily killing off great Wraith characters. Steve was excellent...and Bob probably had great potential, too...if he hadn't been killed so quickly. James - with only a few minutes of screen time - was able to create memorable, and very different, Wraith personalities over and over again. Imagine if they had given him one character with the amount of screen time ones like Michael and Todd have had? Oh well...

Like other people have mentioned above. What do they do for fun? We know they are very smart and they have the science thing down, but what about art? Do they sing, paint, draw, sculpture, and build models or anything like that? Do they fall in love? What do they value in others? What makes one wraith loyal to another? There is always speculation but not any confirmation and I'm glad we are getting to know them (or at least Todd) better now but I really want more.
              I think hunting runners is their sport. They probably also do a lot of combat training/sparring. They obviously enjoy personal grooming and adornment. I doubt they have forms of entertainment, unless it's some sort of bloodsport. They may spend the majority of their time trying to improve their skills, and learn how to be more devious and tricksy. I think it's safe to say they like telling jokes...and they LOVE taking looooong naps.

I love Todd like a lot of other people. I especially want to know how Todd is not in allegiance with or subjugated to, a queen. It makes him very unique at least compared to what we’ve seen before. How does he get other wraith to seemingly step down and let him take command their hives – unless he already had command and his absence didn’t matter? He had the one hive in “The Seer” and that blew up and then in "he Kindred" he mentioned finding the cure for his hive only. How many hives does he have? I have many questions. I hope one day the writers give us the answers…but not too many. I still like the fact that there is a mystic about them.
              Todd kinda reminds me of Clint Eastwood in his old westerns - or...Captain Jack Sparrow. I haven't decided yet...

Basically I agree with all of you. We need more wraith development. They are enjoyable villains, if that makes sense.
              Agreed. I want to see more of the Wraith as a whole being developed, but Todd - and maybe another character or two - as well. The only thing is I'd prefer Todd kept in the middle - neither 100% villain, or 100% ally...it makes him more entertaining that way because we know whenever he shows up, he's going to stir the pot and make things exciting!

das
              sigpic

Comment

So - great news as we all know - Todd is slated for 3 episodes, 'so far', in S5 - I certainly hope for more, but I guess we'll have to wait and see exactly how they're going to develop this guy.

And we'll also learn whether or not he answers to a queen.

So, between Todd's appearances, and the info we have so far on Broken Ties, do you think we're finally getting into the heart and soul of the Wraith, or do you think info will only still come in dribs and drabs?

das
                sigpic

Comment

So - great news as we all know - Todd is slated for 3 episodes, 'so far', in S5 - I certainly hope for more, but I guess we'll have to wait and see exactly how they're going to develop this guy.

And we'll also learn whether or not he answers to a queen.

So, between Todd's appearances, and the info we have so far on Broken Ties, do you think we're finally getting into the heart and soul of the Wraith, or do you think info will only still come in dribs and drabs?

das
                  Nope, and yeah, that...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Working...
                  X