This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
    You guys are forgetting about Hammond. Who knows what he does. As when Oniell took over Homeworld Security, Hammond said the President had plans for him.

Maybe Hammond works as a Liason with the IOA someone high up and he convinced Jack.

Within the US Govt it likely goes

President
    Hammond
    Oniell
    (Maybe Chief of Staff of the USAF)
    Landry
    Carter
    Sorry that is wrong
    Hammond retired when O'Neil was put in charge in Homeworld security. Carter also said that Hammnd was retired in the Road Not Taken
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Maybe he retired... or was tired..
      : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
      : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

Originally posted by Raven56 View Post
        I can see it:

The nuke in The Return was based on the idea that Atlantis was under foothold situation where Earth was directly endangered. That would put it under his authority as Homeworld Security head.

The choice of commander of Atlantis is strictly an IOA prerogative.
        Exactly. The decision in Return was made by O'neill because it was considered a foothold situation which yeah is his jurisdiction. The appointment of Woolsey is the IOA's call not his.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by WereWraith06 View Post
          Out of all the members of the IOA, Woolsey has been the most helpful. I think this could be the making of him. And Jack isn't completely against Woolsey, remember in the end of the Return Pt2, he says something along the lines of: "See, Woolsey, you were useful". Thought i'll admit it wasn't much of a complement given the circumstances.
          Very true. Though annoying he has always had our back and been a true ally. Good examples are The Return, Missbegotten, The Scourge and The Seer.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Sorry that is wrong
            Hammond retired when O'Neil was put in charge in Homeworld security. Carter also said that Hammnd was retired in the Road Not Taken
            Definitely true. The actor had some health problems and was unable to keep acting full time. Don Davis
            sigpic
            Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

Maybe Woolsey grew on Jack? He does have a tendency to eventually change his mind about people.
              sigpic

Comment

I never thought O'Neil really hated Woolsey. Did their interactions during The Return indicate any hate?
                These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                  I never thought O'Neil really hated Woolsey. Did their interactions during The Return indicate any hate?
                  I didn't get that feeling either and if Jack doesn't like you he doesn't hide it.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                    no Jack doesn't hate Woolsey, he just doesn't like politicians and bureaucrats
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                      no Jack doesn't hate Woolsey, he just doesn't like politicians and bureaucrats
                      Yeah that's why he took the job in D.C. I'm sorry but I feel this move was really out of character for Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                        Yeah that's why he took the job in D.C. I'm sorry but I feel this move was really out of character for Jack.
                        it depends. he'd been promoted, why wouldn't he take the job? maybe he still wanted to be part of the SG program, even if it means having a deskjob in DC. on the other hand there's always the S/J shipper explanation, he took the job to finally get together with Sam since she wouldn't be in his CoC. in any case it was a decision by TBTB to make sure that RDA could return
                        sigpic

Comment

it depends. he'd been promoted, why wouldn't he take the job? maybe he still wanted to be part of the SG program, even if it means having a deskjob in DC. on the other hand there's always the S/J shipper explanation, he took the job to finally get together with Sam since she wouldn't be in his CoC. in any case it was a decision by TBTB to make sure that RDA could return
                          After the episode where Sam's father died, his girlfriend suggested that he retire and lead SGc as a civilian. I never understood why he simply left Sam and went to Washington

Comment

After the episode where Sam's father died, his girlfriend suggested that he retire and lead SGc as a civilian. I never understood why he simply left Sam and went to Washington
                            Maybe the S/J ship is overrated.

Comment

simply because RDA didn't want to be a regular in s9. that's why TBTB made him replace Hammond in DC. as for leaving Sam and his friends at the SGC, that's a matter of opinion. imo Jack didn't abandon her, there've been too many hints during s9, 10 and SGA s4 which lead me to believe they are together. anything else doesn't make sense. just my opinion of course
                              sigpic

Comment

simply because RDA didn't want to be a regular in s9. that's why TBTB made him replace Hammond in DC. as for leaving Sam and his friends at the SGC, that's a matter of opinion. imo Jack didn't abandon her, there've been too many hints during s9, 10 and SGA s4 which lead me to believe they are together. anything else doesn't make sense. just my opinion of course
                                One reason he left is so now he isn't her immediate superior so now their relationship isn't forbidden. Also RDA wanted to be closer to his family.

Comment

Working...
                                X