• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Noxchild View Post
    WHAT??? Bite your tongue!
    Sorry.

Jack is just one AWESOME man.

I have much more confidence in Jack than you do, clearly.

One phone call from General O'Neill to Walter and the gate will NOT be opened for Woolsey. Another call from General O'Neill to the gate of Cheyenne Mountain and Woolsey will not be admitted to the SGC.
    ...And one call from Woolsey to the IOA will ensure the closure of the SGC and the end of the Atlantis Expedition. Do you have any idea how influential the IOA really is? I suggest you do some research on it.

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
    I thought you couldn't post if you were.

I think this is the long-term kind where the poster makes posts, the mods look at it, and then release it (or not), not the choke-hold for those whose on moderation for only a day or so.

Otherwise, why is his rep scale gone?

Comment

[QUOTE=PG15;7681493][QUOTE=Noxchild;7681451]WHAT??? Bite your tongue!

Sorry.

Jack is just one AWESOME man.

...And one call from Woolsey to the IOA will ensure the closure of the SGC and the end of the Atlantis Expedition. Do you have any idea how influential the IOA really is? I suggest you do some research on it.
      I think he's just upset that Jack didn't get the job.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mitchell82;7681502][QUOTE=PG15;7681493]
        WHAT??? Bite your tongue!

I think he's just upset that Jack didn't get the job.
        ah Jack would've been awesome btw I made this some time ago, mabye it'll help. hope it's correct
        Spoiler:

this is for s4 of course
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by gange57 View Post
          I bet there was cake at the services...
          You're right! Good cake, and lots of it.

And we missed it. How sad.

Thanks, gange57, for going with the flow of this thread.
          The very young do not always do as they are told

Comment

[QUOTE=Jumper_One;7681519][QUOTE=Mitchell82;7681502]
            Originally posted by PG15 View Post

ah Jack would've been awesome btw I made this some time ago, mabye it'll help. hope it's correct
            Spoiler:

this is for s4 of course
            Close enough.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Thanks for the flowchart, Jumper_One. Now it is all clear.

Or....not.

General O'Neill can order the city of Atlantis destroyed with a nuke (with no input from the IOA -- see The Return) but cannot veto an incompetent choice for commander of Atlantis? Very implausible, and not consistent with what we've been shown.

Comment

General O'Neill can order the city of Atlantis destroyed with a nuke (with no input from the IOA -- see The Return) but cannot veto an incompetent choice for commander of Atlantis? Very implausible, and not consistent with what we've been shown.
                I can see it:

The nuke in The Return was based on the idea that Atlantis was under foothold situation where Earth was directly endangered. That would put it under his authority as Homeworld Security head.

The choice of commander of Atlantis is strictly an IOA prerogative.

Comment

Atlantis is an IOA operation not the airforce. If the USAF tried to take over they would have a CRAPTON of problems and prolly start a war, lol. Im sure he has a huge influence (airforce has all the access too and from gate and ships), but hes not the exclusive boss. Money is also a huge consideration. Oneil might not get a say, or he might be ok with it.

Comment

Hell has frozen over, pigs are flying, and Jack O’Neill must be in the grave.

That’s the only possible explanation for the news that Woolsey is to be the commander of Atlantis.

Jack would NEVER allow the stupid, sniveling coward he saw in The Return go through the gate to take charge of Atlantis.
                    The guy who wanted to have Daniel killed in The Shroud? The man whose poor decisions in Prototype led to the deaths of SGC guards? No way would O’Neill allow this cowardly man with poor judgment to take over Atlantis. Just NO.

So, General O’Neill must be dead. I wish they had shown the funeral on the show….
                    Actually, Woolsey's authority supersedes Gen Oneill's. Oneill doesn't die. Woolsey was by far the best choice (given the possible candidates and need for Gen Oneill and Carter in the Milky Way). He has experience in working with the SGC and Atlantis base, and he has somewhat of a political background. Also, he is a member of the IOA.
                    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                      Actually, Woolsey's authority supersedes Gen Oneill's. Oneill doesn't die. Woolsey was by far the best choice (given the possible candidates and need for Gen Oneill and Carter in the Milky Way). He has experience in working with the SGC and Atlantis base, and he has somewhat of a political background. Also, he is a member of the IOA.
                      No it doesn't. IOA as a whole supersedes Gen O'Neill. Is it possible they retire O'Neill, have Landry take his place and Sam has to come back to command SGC?

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                        No it doesn't. IOA as a whole supersedes Gen O'Neill. Is it possible they retire O'Neill, have Landry take his place and Sam has to come back to command SGC?
                        it's possible but unlikely since Landry might appear in future movies. also TBTB need a reason to let Carter show up once in a while, the head of the SGC wouldn't necessarily do that
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Out of all the members of the IOA, Woolsey has been the most helpful. I think this could be the making of him. And Jack isn't completely against Woolsey, remember in the end of the Return Pt2, he says something along the lines of: "See, Woolsey, you were useful". Thought i'll admit it wasn't much of a complement given the circumstances.
                          WereWraith06

<<<I have watched you play with those who would play GOD<<<

A Random but Cool Quote:
                          Spoiler:
                          If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way.
                          - Bertrand Russell

Comment

No offense, but talk about overdramatic.

1) Woolsey might not be the best, but he's still one of the few non-SGC people that are honestly looking out for the best for their nation and the Stargate programme. Even now, I can't really disagree with what Woolsey did during the Khalek-issue and something good came out of it (anti-Prior device).
                            2) I also think it's important to have a non-military guy back in charge of Atlantis. It was never meant as another SGC operation anyway.
                            3) I agree that he can be a snivelling coward, but face it: he's a pencil pusher. But that's how things go sometimes. Though I don't think it's that wonderful, Woolsey in charge of Atlantis does give it a sense of realism. I'm sure the whole crew of Atlantis are going to be complaining about him, but from all the IOA people, I think he's the only one decent enough to take up the job.
                            4) As to your talk about O'Neill - the IOA is in charge of the SGC, not the other way around, and O'Neill is in charge of Homeworld Security. I guess he could make a call not to let Woolsey off the base, but it's Landry's decision about who does and doesn't step through the Stargate, not his.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryk Celestis View Post
                              No offense, but talk about overdramatic.
                              No offense, but talk about not getting the joke.

Comment

You guys are forgetting about Hammond. Who knows what he does. As when Oniell took over Homeworld Security, Hammond said the President had plans for him.

Maybe Hammond works as a Liason with the IOA someone high up and he convinced Jack.

Within the US Govt it likely goes

President
                                Hammond
                                Oniell
                                (Maybe Chief of Staff of the USAF)
                                Landry
                                Carter

Comment

Working...
                                X