This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SP90 View Post
    Dude that is a super provocative title for a thread man. I actually thought O'Niell dies next season or RDA passed away in real life!!!! Well at least now they can forget about ZPMs and hook up Atlantis to him spinning in his grave.
    Hope you recovered quickly from your shock. This thread is all in good fun.

And, by the way, it's "Dudette"
    The very young do not always do as they are told

Comment

I honestly get the feeling that Jack, Sam, Hammond, Teal'c and Daniel all like Woolsey to some degree. He's one of the few honest, uncorrupted people outside of the core heroes and Major Davis. He's just somewhat incompetent and a coward. They all know that Woolsey always looks out for the best of the nation, even when he's wrong sometimes.

I mean McKay is the same way, he always tries to do good, but just makes mistakes, and somehow Carter, Jack & Hammond didn't pull strings to get Rodney kicked off of the Atlantis Expedition.

The original SG-1 team are the only ones that rarely make mistakes in judgment... even Jonas, Cam & Vala are more flawed than them (the entire Khalic death toll was due to Mitchell's stupidity).

And the Atlantis team has made major mistakes. I think Woolsey will fit in, and was a great call. I think S5 will be the first season ever to have a COMPLETELY strong cast, that is assuming Keller ISN'T starring.
      sigpic
      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
      ~David Hewlett

Comment

Well...atleast it isn't, Walter. Woosly will be funny watching, and now they can develop him alot more. And even hough Danil isn't the leader, he might be there. And woosly might need Daniel and carter from time to time. But still, Jack had little to no say.
        http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
          I think S5 will be the first season ever to have a COMPLETELY strong cast, that is assuming Keller ISN'T starring.
          Sorry to dissapoint you, but I just read on JM's blog that Keller will be starring next season.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            Does he even have a say in the matter?
            nope

Originally posted by Noxchild View Post
            Nobody enters the SGC without the permission of the US military, therefore no one goes through the gate without the OK of the U.S. Air Force.
            ok so maybe Woolsey doesn't get to Atlantis through the SG, we do have ships

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
            Not his call though. The IOA runs the Atlantis expeition.
            exactly!

Originally posted by starshineRoxie View Post
            As funny and honest as this assessment probably is, I don't think Woolsey will be automatically horrible throughout the entire Season 5. I'm going to wait and see what happens. I just want someone to ask the writers why they picked Woolsey is all. What made them drawn to this decision?
            because they couldn't get Caldwell?

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            You honestly think that the writers think it was a mistake to get rid of her?
            I doubt it
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaro View Post
              Sorry to dissapoint you, but I just read on JM's blog that Keller will be starring next season.
              Don't see a problem
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Don't see a problem
                Neither do I...I only hope she doesn't follow in the way of Beckett.
                Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                  I was thinking the same thing. Jenks, why can't I give you green love?!
                  He's on moderation, unfortunately.

Comment

General O'Neill did not say 'Yes, sir' when the IOA wanted to kill Daniel -- Jack actively prevented it.

At the end of The Return, who reinstated Weir as the commander of Atlantis? General Jack O'Neill.

I don't think it is consistent with what we've seen to say that Jack would blindly accept the commander chosen by the IOA.

ESPECIALLY if the IOA chooses a sniveling coward who asked stoopid questions during the crisis of The Return.

Comment

General O'Neill did not say 'Yes, sir' when the IOA wanted to kill Daniel -- Jack actively prevented it.
                      that's a little different. Daniel's his best friend, Woolsey on the other hand...

At the end of The Return, who reinstated Weir as the commander of Atlantis? General Jack O'Neill.
                      that wasn't just his decision though. but apparently he was sure to be able to support Weir and the Atlantis expedition

I don't think it is consistent with what we've seen to say that Jack would blindly accept the commander chosen by the IOA.
                      oh he most likely didn't believe it at first and immediately called the President. but it's still the IOA's decision

ESPECIALLY if the IOA chooses a sniveling coward who asked stoopid questions during the crisis of The Return.
                      sigpic

Comment

Jack doesn't have to say "yes sir" to a civillian. Even though he tried to prevent it, no decision was actually made at the end since Danny broke out.

We saw Weir return and Jack talking to her about it. We can't assume that it was Jack's decision. If anything, the IOA agreed to let her return.

Jack is only one man. He won't be able to stop the IOA, who funds both the Stargate Program on Earth and the Atlantis Expedition, to choose a new commander for Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                          Jack is only one man.
                          WHAT??? Bite your tongue!

I have much more confidence in Jack than you do, clearly.

One phone call from General O'Neill to Walter and the gate will NOT be opened for Woolsey. Another call from General O'Neill to the gate of Cheyenne Mountain and Woolsey will not be admitted to the SGC.

And none of the airmen will be persuaded to disobey those orders from General O'Neill by Woolsey whining about decisions by the IOA.

That is, of course, if Jack is alive and in uniform somewhere off screen. If he's alive, I don't see how the IOA could impose a leader on Atlantis without General O'Neill's cooperation. And it seems implausible to me that Jack would cooperate with this decision.

Comment

One phone call from General O'Neill to Walter and the gate will NOT be opened for Woolsey. Another call from General O'Neill to the gate of Cheyenne Mountain and Woolsey will not be admitted to the SGC.

And none of the airmen will be persuaded to disobey those orders from General O'Neill by Woolsey whining about decisions by the IOA.

That is, of course, if Jack is alive and in uniform somewhere off screen. If he's alive, I don't see how the IOA could impose a leader on Atlantis without General O'Neill's cooperation. And it seems implausible to me that Jack would cooperate with this decision.
                            Sorry nope. He is head of Homeworld security. Not the SGC. Again the IOA funds the Atlantis expedition. Only one man can overrule them, and it's not Jack.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              He's on moderation, unfortunately.
                              I thought you couldn't post if you were.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

maybe. we still have ships though, Woolsey doesn't need the SGC

That is, of course, if Jack is alive and in uniform somewhere off screen.
                                trust me, he is alive

If he's alive, I don't see how the IOA could impose a leader on Atlantis without General O'Neill's cooperation. And it seems implausible to me that Jack would cooperate with this decision.
                                oh no Jack won't like this decision (ok maybe he will since he'll get to see Sam a lot more ) but it's not his call. he may be boss of HW Security but this is the IOA's decision
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X