This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Noxchild View Post
    Nobody enters the SGC without the permission of the US military, therefore no one goes through the gate without the OK of the U.S. Air Force.
    And no SGC mission is approved until the IOA signs off on it.

The Jack we knew and loved would NOT give the OK for Woolsey to go through the gate to take charge of Atlantis. Even if that meant a Battle Royal with the IOA.
    Care for a wager?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
      Not his call though. The IOA runs the Atlantis expeition.
      Not only that, but the Chinese could just threaten to expose the gate or something...
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
        Not only that, but the Chinese could just threaten to expose the gate or something...
        Or force the Russians to take the gate back.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
          Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          Or force the Russians to take the gate back.
          Don't we have this sort of problem in real life, minus a gate being the issue?! Just to make them back off we can always go back to old dependable McCarthyism.
          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by Noxchild View Post
            Hell has frozen over, pigs are flying, and Jack O’Neill must be in the grave.

That’s the only possible explanation for the news that Woolsey is to be the commander of Atlantis.

Jack would NEVER allow the stupid, sniveling coward he saw in The Return go through the gate to take charge of Atlantis.

The guy who wanted to have Daniel killed in The Shroud? The man whose poor decisions in Prototype led to the deaths of SGC guards? No way would O’Neill allow this cowardly man with poor judgment to take over Atlantis. Just NO.

So, General O’Neill must be dead. I wish they had shown the funeral on the show….
            As funny and honest as this assessment probably is, I don't think Woolsey will be automatically horrible throughout the entire Season 5. I'm going to wait and see what happens. I just want someone to ask the writers why they picked Woolsey is all. What made them drawn to this decision?
            StarshineRoxie
            A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starshineRoxie View Post
              As funny and honest as this assessment probably is, I don't think Woolsey will be automatically horrible throughout the entire Season 5. I'm going to wait and see what happens. I just want someone to ask the writers why they picked Woolsey is all. What made them drawn to this decision?
              Because they don't want to admit it was mistake to get rid of Weir because they don't like the Weir character.
              sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                Because they don't want to admit it was mistake to get rid of Weir because they don't like the Weir character.
                You honestly think that the writers think it was a mistake to get rid of her?

Comment

Originally posted by starshineRoxie View Post
                  As funny and honest as this assessment probably is,

Thank you! I tried my best.
                  The very young do not always do as they are told

Comment

Dude that is a super provocative title for a thread man. I actually thought O'Niell dies next season or RDA passed away in real life!!!! Well at least now they can forget about ZPMs and hook up Atlantis to him spinning in his grave.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                      Don't we have this sort of problem in real life, minus a gate being the issue?! Just to make them back off we can always go back to old dependable McCarthyism.
                      Unfortunately.

Comment

Jack can't fight with the IOA, and doesn't the president normally go with the IOA. I don't think Jack had a say in it, I'd rather daniel Jackson, but Woosly is funny.
                        http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

Well that would be a good episode where Jack goes to Atlantis and gets mad at Woolsey oh and you know what this means ..... We now need woolsey emotions ...*shivers*
                          This isn't Atlantis?
                          I don't think so.
                          If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

Originally posted by flameling View Post
                            Jack can't fight with the IOA, and doesn't the president normally go with the IOA. I don't think Jack had a say in it, I'd rather daniel Jackson, but Woosly is funny.
                            Exactly. I don't think he has a say at all.

Comment

I think Jack wouldn't have much say and it is very possible since Carter would know of the IOA's plans that she decided Woosley would be a better choice than an unknown random IOA person. True Woolsey is not a military guy but he has to have some experience otherwise he couldn't be part of IOA we just don't know his exact background. Jack would trust Carter's judgement and Jack knows him as well so he may have thought he was the best choice given what was probably a you accept this or Atlantis is shut down senario just speculating but I hope they want to keep Carter in tact and that would do the least damage to her career-wise. An officer stepping down for personal reasons looks way worse than one who is replaced due to a policy change which is probably the way it will occur.
                              From Jack's perspective someone he at least knows and is aware of the unique nature of the SGC and Atlantis is much better than someone who is clueless and has their own agenda.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                                You honestly think that the writers think it was a mistake to get rid of her?
                                I was thinking the same thing. Jenks, why can't I give you green love?!
                                Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Working...
                                X