Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many episodes do you think Carter will appear in?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    with the idea taht, once sanctuary is done, her availability will be about the same as this year - in other words, much more open after the mid season break - i can see that she'd be AVAILABLE for a good chunk of the second half...but i have a feeling that the show will move on without her and, although she might have the time, they just won't have the motivation.

I'm not saying that it's mean or unreasonable or anything...the show will just move on. That's how it happens.

I think that, after S&R, Sam will be gone, but there will be an effort to bring her back in the second half (knowing that she'll have more time) and that'll be about it.
    I agree with what you said. I would love to see her in as many episodes as possible. I voted for a wildly optimistic 6 but, realistically, think it will likely be a lot less. I read somewhere that Sanctuary would be done filming in July and I think that is when Stargate usually takes its break. If that is the case, AT would be available for the last half of the season. Unfortunately, with a new commander, a new recurring character (Porter), the return of Beckett, etc I doubt she will be included in many scripts.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

4. Samantha Carter will appear in several episodes.

Given Amanda’s upcoming commitment, it’s impossible to offer an exact number of episodes. As I said, it really has everything to do with a) her schedule and b) the types of stories we come up with. However, I can say that, at present, we do have her locked in for two.
      http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-all-about-it/
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Yes, then two is all we'll get.
        Carter deserves a really good send-off- like Daniel Jackson got in Meridian. (Not that I want her to die, mind you, but after being on Stargate for 11 years it would be nice for her to get her own episode). But with two eps, she won't get it. Those are just to finish off the the end-of-the season cliffhanger, the first two episodes of the new season.

Then it'll be a couple of lines about where she's going and why, and that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by VastlySuperiorStuff View Post
          Yes, then two is all we'll get.
          Carter deserves a really good send-off- like Daniel Jackson got in Meridian. (Not that I want her to die, mind you, but after being on Stargate for 11 years it would be nice for her to get her own episode). But with two eps, she won't get it. Those are just to finish off the the end-of-the season cliffhanger, the first two episodes of the new season.

Then it'll be a couple of lines about where she's going and why, and that's it.
          we might see Carter in another ep or two in the back half of s5 also both AT and Joe have said they'd like the character to make guest appearances in the future
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I'm going to be optimistic and say 6

Comment

I think 5. With 2 already locked in, I think another 3 are possible.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                who cares??

but I think 5
                Lots of people, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                  we might see Carter in another ep or two in the back half of s5 also both AT and Joe have said they'd like the character to make guest appearances in the future
                  Agreed and I hope so.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                    Agreed and I hope so.
                    so do I
                    sigpic

Comment

I hate to be terribly cynical, but I don't really buy this. It's good press for both of them to say that, isn't it? We know AT will probably have the time in the second half of the season, but it's contingent upon "b) the types of stories we can come up with."

That doesn't sound really encouraging to me. Why would they go out of their way to write her in? And even if they do, is she going to get the big Sam-centered ep she deserves after eleven years? Not as a guest appearance, she's not.

Comment

I hate to be terribly cynical, but I don't really buy this. It's good press for both of them to say that, isn't it?
                        of course

We know AT will probably have the time in the second half of the season, but it's contingent upon "b) the types of stories we can come up with."

That doesn't sound really encouraging to me. Why would they go out of their way to write her in? And even if they do, is she going to get the big Sam-centered ep she deserves after eleven years? Not as a guest appearance, she's not.
                        yeah I don't expect a Sam-centered ep but I think there's at least the possibility for one or two additonal eps as a guest star. hey it's better than nothing. I think out of all the characters TBTB might consider bringing back for another ep in the back half, she's the one with the best chances. why? because like you said this character's been around for eleven years and Atlantis is probably the last chance to see her again (except for future movies of course). I certainly hope for more Sam in s5 (and future season)
                        sigpic

Comment

yeah I don't expect a Sam-centered ep but I think there's at least the possibility for one or two additonal eps as a guest star. hey it's better than nothing. I think out of all the characters TBTB might consider bringing back for another ep in the back half, she's the one with the best chances. why? because like you said this character's been around for eleven years and Atlantis is probably the last chance to see her again (except for future movies of course). I certainly hope for more Sam in s5 (and future season)
                          atlantis is the my fave chance of seeing more sam. the movies are kind of depressing for me, because it includes certain elements i don't enjoy. atlantis is a good and entertaining show, that's included the wonderful character of sam into it's mythology. joe and amanda have a good relationship and her leaving hasn't left any negative feelings behind. i'd say the chances of including sam in future eps is very good.

i'm REALLY curious, though, on how sam's being written out (as leader). it's got to be something that won't be hard for sam to come back from. (marriage to jack would work for me , as would ship commander )

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

3 or 4 episodes I wish it was all 20 but Amanda made her decision and I respect that so I'll just have to try and get use to Woolsey.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              atlantis is the my fave chance of seeing more sam. the movies are kind of depressing for me, because it includes certain elements i don't enjoy. atlantis is a good and entertaining show, that's included the wonderful character of sam into it's mythology. joe and amanda have a good relationship and her leaving hasn't left any negative feelings behind. i'd say the chances of including sam in future eps is very good.

i'm REALLY curious, though, on how sam's being written out (as leader). it's got to be something that won't be hard for sam to come back from. (marriage to jack would work for me , as would ship commander )

sally
                              Why not both?

Comment

atlantis is the my fave chance of seeing more sam. the movies are kind of depressing for me, because it includes certain elements i don't enjoy.
                                I won't say anything about AoT but I'm looking forward to Continuum and Sam's role. of course there's also Jack...

atlantis is a good and entertaining show, that's included the wonderful character of sam into it's mythology. joe and amanda have a good relationship and her leaving hasn't left any negative feelings behind. i'd say the chances of including sam in future eps is very good.
                                I feel the same way, there are a lot of possibilities. it's good to know that both AT and Joe try to to include her in some more s5 eps (back half) and hopefully also some in s6

sally
                                LOl you know I'd actually be happy if TBTB would confirm her relationship with Jack. then this issue would finally be settled and everybody could move on. I think TBTB would never write her out in a way that might damage the character so I don't really worry about that. as long as they give her the possibility to show up in future eps
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X