This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    You know, this is the one piece of the Season 5 puzzle that I'm not sure about. I liked the point someone raised earlier, about why they couldn't just use Cadman. I checked the actress's website, and it seems that she's a singer. Maybe she's busy?

Either way, there is still a chance that this can change. Kavan Smith auditioned for a new character, but TPTB changed their minds and just moved Lorne from SG1 to SGA. The scientist job on Atlantis was originally someone else, but at the last moment, they replaced her with McKay.
    Possible. It's hard to say where I stand on this since I don't know much.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

It's times like this that I'm sorry that Claudia Black played Vala, because she would be awesome in this role. Maybe it'd be too Aeryn-like though.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
        It's times like this that I'm sorry that Claudia Black played Vala, because she would be awesome in this role. Maybe it'd be too Aeryn-like though.
        Considering I like Vala I'm glad she did however I could see her in a role like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          Considering I like Vala I'm glad she did however I could see her in a role like this.
          I liked Vala too, very much. Claudia Black is probably my favorite actress. But she only got to be around for one season and a few eps.
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            You know, this is the one piece of the Season 5 puzzle that I'm not sure about. I liked the point someone raised earlier, about why they couldn't just use Cadman. I checked the actress's website, and it seems that she's a singer. Maybe she's busy?

Either way, there is still a chance that this can change. Kavan Smith auditioned for a new character, but TPTB changed their minds and just moved Lorne from SG1 to SGA. The scientist job on Atlantis was originally someone else, but at the last moment, they replaced her with McKay.
            I guess it's possible. I'm not a Cadman fan though, so I'd obviously rather see a new character.

Comment

I liked Vala too, very much. Claudia Black is probably my favorite actress. But she only got to be around for one season and a few eps.
              One season 7.1 eps two movies and...... a partridge in a pear tree.

Comment

Why do I fear that Porter will be an IOA spy? Maybe she will be the new Kavannaugh or a Starbuck type character in Atlantis.

Mrs.B108 writes: “Will Season Five introduce new enemies alongside its new Atlantis personnel?”

Answer: Yep.
                Woolsey will make some trouble, but I am sure the writers will try to like him with us, so Richard will choose the good side against IOA.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Well, I would think they would want to shoot Carter's episodes first, since filming starts for Sanctuary in March. And since Carter is in the premiere...
                  I suppose AT could film some of her scenes ,then the producers could edit them in .That's quite normal ,as they had plenty practice over the years with RDA's reduced schedules,after all.

According to spoilers,
                  Spoiler:
                  Porter is in the premiere. And so is Carter, so I would think it would be one of the first to be filmed.
                  Yep.I agree.Best they pick their Porter asap.
                  Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                  I'd like to see a woman that's no nonsense, independent, and competent but not arrogant or rude either. The closest thing that comes to my mind is a female version of Lorne, I guess.
                  I could live with that.(Just as long as the real Lorne doesn't get sidelined to develop Porter ,anyway.)
                  Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                  Hey, it ain't a proper fandom unless there's a group of fans shipping someone with an inanimate object.
                  *Cough* Beckett /Chair was a fun thread while it lasted .
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS View Post
                    *Cough* Beckett /Chair was a fun thread while it lasted .
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    sigpic

Comment

I would have rather seen more development of the Lorne and Zelenka characters, rather than bringing on someone new.
                      sigpic

Comment

i was hoping for her to join Shepperd's team
                        He doesn't have a 2nd in command for his team

Comment

*Tries to look serious*

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ett+Chair+ship

One man.One Atlantis Chair.One romance.One more great Off-Topic thread I enjoyed reading ,but almost forgot about till TOF's post,lol !

Originally posted by txTart View Post
                          I would have rather seen more development of the Lorne and Zelenka characters, rather than bringing on someone new.
                          Same here really, but it appears she'll be in from the start.Hopefully ,Lorne and Zelenka won't be featured less to compensate .
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS View Post
                            *Tries to look serious*

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ett+Chair+ship

One man.One Atlantis Chair.One romance.One more great Off-Topic thread I enjoyed reading ,but almost forgot about till TOF's post,lol !

ROFL! Oh my goodness it's an actual thread! I thought you just made it up! That's hilarious!
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            sigpic

Comment

i haven't heard 2 much about her, i hope they choose a good actress and that her character is normal. All these character changes will make s5 interesting( hopefully in a good way)

Comment

Originally posted by chevron3 View Post
                                i haven't heard 2 much about her, i hope they choose a good actress and that her character is normal. All these character changes will make s5 interesting( hopefully in a good way)
                                I agree with that. I'm also hoping for a good actress, and some decent characterization. I'm very curious to see who gets cast. I'm guessing it won't be a name I recognize though.
                                - Life after Stargate -
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X